+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I didn't apreaciate Mrs. Pilek's emphasis on the weight issue.

I think she is trying to point out to them their habit of eating bad foods for them. By the looks of all of them, they should listen to her. She isnt really calling them "fat". I have yet to hear her say that. She told the boy he was "big", and she even try to explain to him she meant big as in tall. He is heavy and eating the kind of sandwich he did, isnt good for him at his age. If the kids continue to eat that way, imagine the heart problems they will encounter before they are 30. I think she is trying to encourage them to eat healthier, and that is not being mean. When they were out bowling together and the father was giving the son a rough time with how he was bowling, she got on to the father telling him to encourage the son, and not to be so critical of him. I dont see this mom comparing at all to "Tammy" of last week. Shes a beautiful and intelligent lady. The car thing was probably something she shouldnt harp on, but hey why not fix the window in your van if it isn't working. They may not be able to buy a Mercedes, but fixing a window or repairing your van?? The Pilak family are all being rude to Mrs Bowers. She is a little loud and obnoxious, but she too is trying to instill some good qualities in the children in this family. She is trying to get them all to spend time together instead of the dad spending time with the son, the mom spending time with the daughter or each of them spending time doing their own thing. While it is good for dad and son to spend their own time, what is the big deal that she suggest he make time to spend time with his daughter. He really should try doing that and get to know her better too. I dont like Mr Pilaks attitude and he is being very rude to Mrs. Bowers. They really were mean to her at the beach and really havent been nice to her during the whole show.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I too found the Pilek family a little rude to Mrs Bowers. Why couldn't the son or father get up and give them her chair at the beach?? Isn't that what a gentleman would do??? And talk about spoiled kids.....they are definately old enough to put their own clothes away and to load/unload the dishwasher. And I agree with canadian_bunny saying that Mrs Pilek was just trying to instill some good eating habits on the kids. They are a big family and it is affecting their health. She stuck up for the son when the father was picking on him at the bowling lanes. And if I'm not mistaken, she takes the daughter shopping and she actually has a good time
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wow Selkie...after reading through the thread, you seem to have a really intense hatred of the Bowers family. I guess they just didn't move me enough to associate them with foul names. Maybe the Mrs. was a bit loudmouthed and awkward, and a bit out of line a few times. I personally felt that the Pilek family tried to come off as too wealthy as classy. Where I come from, the wealthier you are, the less you discuss it or reveal it. Some of the wealthiest people I know don't drive Jaguars or let their kids do nothing but play and shop. They teach them basic values and not to wear their wealth on their sleeves. Instead they are exposed to many diverse situations and the kids grow up respecting and being polite to others. I felt the Pileks, particularly the Mister, exhibited little class and lots of unwarranted arragance.
    Last edited by applesauce; 08-04-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Pappy?
    I thought it was way out of line what that Bowers woman said to that little girl during dinner.

She basically said "Your dad likes spending time with your brother more than you. How do you feel about that?"

What the hell kind of thing is that to say to a little girl?

If the woman had a problem with the dad spending too much time with the boy, she should have talked to him privately.

I totally agree, Happy Pappy, that was terrible of her. If I were the Dad, I'd have stopped her if I hadn't been so surprised that a mother could be so insensitive. The way I see it, no wonder they didn't bother to give her a beach chair, after the way she behaved at dinner (don't forget getting drunk to boot). Bad feelings were already well established by the beach incident.

One more thing that bothered me--did anyone notice the lack of seatbelt usage? Watch, when they show both families driving. Most of the time, none of the kids are wearing seatbelts, and maybe one parent. What's up with that?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    [QUOTE=MalibuPam]I totally agree, Happy Pappy, that was terrible of her. If I were the Dad, I'd have stopped her if I hadn't been so surprised that a mother could be so insensitive. The way I see it, no wonder they didn't bother to give her a beach chair, after the way she behaved at dinner (don't forget getting drunk to boot). Bad feelings were already well established by the beach incident.

I understand what you are saying and I agree that it was completely out of line. But we are not 100% sure that the beach incident happened after the dinner. It could have very well been before dinner but because of editing it looked like it was afterwards
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm liking both the moms on this swap. Mrs. Pilek seems really sweet and seems like she actually cares for the Bowers (plus her laugh is infectious which just makes her more endearing to me). I also think Mrs. Bowers is a nice lady, a bit on the loud and cranky side, but she's doing her best. I don't think she should have said what she did at dinner, MAYBE to the Mr. Pilek in private, but certainly not in the ears' of his children. I agreed with her somewhat but it definitely wasn't the time nor the place to bring that up.

The Pilek boy really surprised me when he said Mrs. Bowers was "picking on him" because she asked him to put away the dishes, or whatever it was. He said she got pissed off at him? No, it sounded to me like she gave him the SMALLEST chore to do and he didn't appreciate being asked to pick up after himself.

Both of these families are pretty dysfunctional in my opinion, but then again, what family isn't? It doesn't matter how much money you have or how attractive you are, there is still going to be problems in your family.

Next week looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mrs. Bower and Mrs. Pilek interact with the people coming to the parties they're throwing. It seemed like no one really liked Mrs. Bower but I'm sure Mrs. Pilek won't have that problem. She seems like someone that you can get along with easily.

FORT Newbie
    I thought Mrs. Bowers seemed to conduct herself with the belief that it is her job to find what is wrong with this family & fix it- army general style. Mrs. Pilek seemed a little more laid back & fun in her approach. Besides, I thought it was absurd for Mrs. Bowers to claim that the boy who got up at 6 to go to the gym & the batting cage was lazy for not loading the dishwasher when her own 200 lb son was cursing about getting out of bed at 10.

The beach chairs- I'm baffled. Was this staged? Why were there only 3 chairs? The husband was rude for not giving up a chair, but I can't shake the feeling that it was either staged, or Mrs. Bowers refused to carry a chair down for herself in the first place.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Damn i missed the beach scene. However when Mrs. bowers got drunk i got the impression that they only wanted to show her drinking, and i say that because there may have at least been some conversation with Mr. Pilek in between. Maybe im thinking about it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Damn i missed the beach scene. However when Mrs. bowers got drunk i got the impression that they only wanted to show her drinking, and i say that because there may have at least been some conversation with Mr. Pilek in between. Maybe im thinking about it too much.
    I just remembered... I mean come on, who gets drunk on saki? At a sushi bar? ~sigh~ That is just sad.
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

Ok, for the record, who knows how many times they showed her taking sips of her drink, etc. were actually new and not re-used clips. I notice that they do that a lot on reality shows, re-use the clips at different times in the show to make someone look like they're crying harder than they really are, were drinking more than they really were, etc. and to me, it looked like a lot of those clips were just being used over and over again.

+ Reply to Thread