+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I think this show defines the difference between having money and having class. Mrs. Biggins had class, but not money. Tammy had money but not class. It seems that neither of this week's mothers have class at all. And the Rich Father, he's a piece of work. Either Fox told him to whine incessantly or he's not realizing this is about the easiest (legal) way in the world to make 50K in one week. Even if you're somewhat wealthy as he is (we're not talking Oprah-level money on any of these people) 50K will do you some good, even if it does bump you to the next tax bracket .

Hmm, well just finished watching the entire episode and I can't wait to see what happens in the end when they throw the parties, meet each other, and see what they get to spend their $50k on.

I don't like either but I do feel a bit sorry for Mrs. Bowers right now- at least from the previews for next week- although my opinion MAY change after watching the show next week.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

There are things I like and dislike about both the families and the moms. It fascinates me how people's priorities and values can be so different, but they can still be basically good people.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I didn't apreaciate Mrs. Pilek's emphasis on the weight issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I didn't apreaciate Mrs. Pilek's emphasis on the weight issue.
    Well they all seem really overweight. And I know sometimes it's not your fault if you are overweight, but it seems like it could be the Bower's fault when it concerns their weight. And honestly, in my POV, they do look unhealthy.

I loved the last episodes with Tammy, Mela & Nana..... I couldn't wait for tonight. But after watching 45 mins I was like meh and went to the grocery store.

The P's seem like a bunch of spoiled brats and i have no idea what to think of the B's.

I sure hope RM doesn't allocate $$ for a downpayment on a car like she hinted. Dad said himself it is paid for and IMO all a downpayment will do is give them a payment they don't need at this point in time.

The whole weight thing I am about sick of, first Tammy now this one. Do they not realize that the whole point of "Trading Spouses" is to see how the other half live?? And trust me a week is not long enough to have much of an impact so get off your high horses and shut it already.

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    I loved the last episodes with Tammy, Mela & Nana..... I couldn't wait for tonight. But after watching 45 mins I was like meh and went to the grocery store.

The P's seem like a bunch of spoiled brats and i have no idea what to think of the B's.

I sure hope RM doesn't allocate $$ for a downpayment on a car like she hinted. Dad said himself it is paid for and IMO all a downpayment will do is give them a payment they don't need at this point in time.

The whole weight thing I am about sick of, first Tammy now this one. Do they not realize that the whole point of "Trading Spouses" is to see how the other half live?? And trust me a week is not long enough to have much of an impact so get off your high horses and shut it already.
    I think it would've been a lot more interesting if they traded spouses for a month.
    A week is too short for it to get real juicy. Is ABC's trading spouses show going to be much different ?

Like omg, that was a good show in my opinion. Not as good as last week's but still good. I really like the rich lady this week, she is leagues better than Tammy. I think the bowers family is much nicer than their mom. ^^

But I thought the main star of the show was Zach.

I'm waiting for Mrs. Bowers to give the money to the maid.
    You're a bad mother... shut your mouth! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    There are things I like and dislike about both the families and the moms. It fascinates me how people's priorities and values can be so different, but they can still be basically good people.

I don't think either of these families are really bad, they just function very differently, and there is an enormous personality clash happening in California between Pilek's father and Bower's mom. That is, I think, the main problem, they just don't fit together at all personality wise. Both of these families/moms have their good sides and bad.

Have to add that if Mrs Pilek allocates money to a car, then I hope she has the sense to give at least a full $20,000 towards it, so they might actually be able to pay the new car off at once (as long as she doesn't demand them to get a Mercedes ), they really do not need another loan. Another thing mrs Pilek will surely allocate money to is new air conditioning or rewiring the house (if too small service was the problem) - she was pretty shocked when the Bower's kids said that you can't work a/c when you have something else running (dishwasher or washer?).
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 08-04-2004 at 09:38 AM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

FORT Fan
    I thought it was way out of line what that Bowers woman said to that little girl during dinner.

She basically said "Your dad likes spending time with your brother more than you. How do you feel about that?"

What the hell kind of thing is that to say to a little girl?

If the woman had a problem with the dad spending too much time with the boy, she should have talked to him privately.

+ Reply to Thread