+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

FORT Newbie
    The Pilek's already have furniture. I'm not sure why she gave them that. Didn't her note say something about so they could spend time together? Replacing perfectly good furniture will cause them to spend more quality time together?
    And, if they wanted a hot tub, I'm sure they would have put one in when they were having their very expensive looking pool and fountain put in. And it would have been incorporated into the design. Adding a separate, stand alone hot tub in that yard, I think, would look tacky.
    I wonder if Lisa just gave them the things that she and her family were planning to use their money for?
    Samantha, however, seemed to have given the Bowers what they actually wanted.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    To be totally honest, I didn't like what either mother allotted the money to go toward.

If they don't know what to do with the $$, put it in a C.D. (certificate of deposit) for a year.. let it collect interest. When it comes up for renewal, the family can decide on their own what they want to do with it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

So far I think both 'new moms' have been at a loss regarding what to allot the money to for the 'have' families.
    Honestly.. what do you give to a family that already has everything or can afford it easily without the help of $50 000?
    More than a year's salary to some, monopoly money to others.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    To be totally honest, I didn't like what either mother allotted the money to go toward.

If they don't know what to do with the $$, put it in a C.D. (certificate of deposit) for a year.. let it collect interest. When it comes up for renewal, the family can decide on their own what they want to do with it.
    Yeah, I didn't really like what Sam used the money for either, but at least it was what they wanted and it made them happy.
    I like the CD idea.

I think she should had donated to one of their favorite charities, in their honor, someone who would had put good use of the money and appreciate it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Wonder why she would have a chip on her shoulder?? Hmmm maybe because they all were rude to her The Pileks and their neighbors were just as nasty as she was to them. True she came off a bit harsh, but that didnt make it right for them to be just as nasty back to her. Why didnt they have more class and participate in the show for a week? Afterall they were getting $50,000.. which was something they didn't need anyways. Now before anyone accuses my post of being bias, I am not bias toward any social class of people one way or the other. I am just saying they were just as rude as she was to them. I am not condoning Lisa's behaviour, but their behaviour was just as nasty as the way some of you have complained about Lisa's behaviour. She did get even with the Pileks. She didnt leave the dad anything and she gave Katie $10,000 for orthodonta. With Lisa being a dental hygenist, I think she would had known a better estimate for dental work. Lisa should had left after the boat incident, I wouldnt had stayed a day longer in that house.
    Wonder why she would have a chip on her shoulder?? Maybe it was because no one from her family got up to say bye? She started this whole thing with her Negative Attitude toward everyone! She started *itching right when she was in the car with Mr. Pilek. She got off the plane with a chip on her shoulder. "You reap what you sow" I think it's pathetic for her to bad mouth people and their neighborhood and then sit in front of the camera crying about how no one is making her feel included. She isolated herself. In the real world if you're rude and crass to people you get treated back in the same way.

Hey C-bunny what would your family and friends do if a woman like Lisa came to your house for a week and acted like that?

My husband and I were actually thinking that Lisa was going to leave the $50,000 to Scooby!

Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    Hey C-bunny what would your family and friends do if a woman like Lisa came to your house for a week and acted like that?
    If they were a guest in my home, I would treat them with manners. We werent raised to be rude to guests in our home, even if they are being rude to us. Show them you are a better person by not lowering yourself to their level.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-13-2004 at 04:54 PM.

FORT Newbie

Maveno

Maveno: Change that avitar it give me the creeps. LoL

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    If they were a guest in my home, I would treat them with manners.

If you saw her heckling your kid in the batting cage tell me what you would tell her?

+ Reply to Thread