+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

I admit after reveiwing the show again it does look like there was some creative editing going on with the saki and Lisa, but she did look a little bent and she was leaning and laughing alot ( more creative editing?) To me she displayed the classic symptoms of college age bar room/club girl drunkenness syndrome.
    I've seen it first hand and I tell you she looked or was made to look like a silly collage girl giggle way to much and completly out of her element. The only thing that would have topped that off was her praying at the porcelin alter and crying 'why oh, why. never again".

How come nobody is talking about how these people eat? The pizza, the steak sandwiches - the fact that they seemed to not even know what a salad is? At the supermarket the kids all ran around collecting their sugared cereals, chocolate syrup and fluff??!!!! I mean what is wrong with these parents - they have beautiful kids and they are unhealthy and obese. It's really a crime to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by rileycat
    How come nobody is talking about how these people eat? The pizza, the steak sandwiches - the fact that they seemed to not even know what a salad is? At the supermarket the kids all ran around collecting their sugared cereals, chocolate syrup and fluff??!!!! I mean what is wrong with these parents - they have beautiful kids and they are unhealthy and obese. It's really a crime to watch.
    Frankly, as an obese person it's painful to watch it (I'm obese due to a medical condition), but at the same time as an obese person I want to protect them from snark. What it boils down to is poor food choices obviously. What this family needs is a dietician- and a good one at that, and mom needs to enroll in Cooking 101 ASAP. They are spending money on take out food so much that they could EASILY save and buy more nutritious, low-fat, low-caloric, less fattening foods with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

What it boils down to is ignorance of how to eat correctly and self-control.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Newbie

Sadly

Here's my problem with some people take on the families. The Pilek kids get called lazy because they don't want to do the dishes. As far as I know NO kids like to do their chores.

On the other hand nobody talks about how lazy the bowers kids must be. Since baring a medical condition, which are extraordinarily rare, there are only two contributing factors to getting fat. One is poor diet and the other is lack of physical activity. Those kids need help before they have a host of medical problems down the road. I won't even go into how they might feel about being that big.

In the end it seems both of these families aren't perfect. Who would have imagined that?

FORT Regular
    It's funny how the father tried to blame his wife for everyone in the family being obese. Also, some people here complained that the Pilek children are lazy for letting the maid do everything. That's what the maid is there for! :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    the pilek kids could be responsible for cleaning their rooms....not laundry and dishes.....gotta save something for the maid.
    doesn't sound like she discussed it with the husband prior to telling the kids about their new chores.
    i think the producers told the moms to shake things up a bit and have the kids live by their rules....and lisa, not having any rules at home, was pressed to come up with something

(honestly, how strict can she and her husband be when the kids flip them off and talk back???)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Slam
    Here's my problem with some people take on the families. The Pilek kids get called lazy because they don't want to do the dishes. As far as I know NO kids like to do their chores.

On the other hand nobody talks about how lazy the bowers kids must be. Since baring a medical condition, which are extraordinarily rare, there are only two contributing factors to getting fat. One is poor diet and the other is lack of physical activity. Those kids need help before they have a host of medical problems down the road. I won't even go into how they might feel about being that big.

In the end it seems both of these families aren't perfect. Who would have imagined that?
    I want to correct you on what is bolded. It's actually not as 'extraordinarily rare" as one may think- with the occurences of diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, and Cushings Syndrome are increasing, as well as genetics- these are not as rare anymore. I have a half-assed theory that a lot of these diseases are partially caused by all the hormones that are injected into the meat that you eat these days, as well as the consumption of white sugar, BAD carbohydrate filled foods. Anyhow...enough from me.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    It's funny how the father tried to blame his wife for everyone in the family being obese. Also, some people here complained that the Pilek children are lazy for letting the maid do everything. That's what the maid is there for! :rolleyes
    What is the big deal about doing chores? It wouldnt had hurt those kids one bit to get up and put a dish away, put their clothes up, etc. Just because you got money to hire help to clean your house, doesnt mean you have to be a slob about it. When they get older and are married, they may not be so lucky to have a nice big home and a maid, so they need to learn the basics anyways. That wont hurt them. :rolleyes

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jer2911
    the pilek kids could be responsible for cleaning their rooms....not laundry and dishes.....gotta save something for the maid.
    Depends what they're paying the maid for.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    I want to correct you on what is bolded. It's actually not as 'extraordinarily rare" as one may think- with the occurences of diseases such as Hypothyroidism, Insulin Resistance, and Cushings Syndrome are increasing, as well as genetics- these are not as rare anymore. I have a half-assed theory that a lot of these diseases are partially caused by all the hormones that are injected into the meat that you eat these days, as well as the consumption of white sugar, BAD carbohydrate filled foods. Anyhow...enough from me.
    If you saw the episode, the Bowers were freely shopping for those bad "goodies." I think it's about making the right choices for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    What is the big deal about doing chores? It wouldnt had hurt those kids one bit to get up and put a dish away, put their clothes up, etc. Just because you got money to hire help to clean your house, doesnt mean you have to be a slob about it. When they get older and are married, they may not be so lucky to have a nice big home and a maid, so they need to learn the basics anyways. That wont hurt them. :rolleyes
    Your reply's missing the point. The Pileks pay the maid, with their hard earned money, to clean the house so they can spend that time being a family (don't forget that both parents work). Why force the kids to do something you're PAYING someone to do for you? That makes no sense. Hiring a maid doesn't mean you're being a "slob." It means that you don't want to do any dirty work and to use that time for something more rewarding. The parents' job is to sustain a home and provide the best life possible for their children. The Pileks are blessed with the resources to do this, so no one should criticize them for doing that. It seems that their children aren't delinquents and do what they're supposed to do: going to school, listening to their parents, and being "good" kids. Oh, and if they aren't as blessed as their parents are, they'll adjust.

+ Reply to Thread