+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

Lisa Bowers was made to look like a lush. The previews even show her grabbing a bottle on spirits. I hear Saki is not the kind of drink you want to be tossing back like it's a Bud. Plus their were children present when she was gargling that stuff down. Come on lady show some restraint your not at home ya know and these aren't your kids.

What's the deal with her calling Jurek "Hon".? Just didn't sound right.

After watching the show again, I've come to the following conclusions.

1. Mrs. Bowers is sensitive, but tries to hide it behind sarcasm . I also think the editing made her look like a lush.

2. The Pilek kids are very spoiled, and lack manners. Zach said that Mrs. Bowers was picking on him because she asked him to load the dishwasher. Come'on, that's not to hard.

3. Mr. Pilek's a Jerk, notice the capital J.

4. I don't like Mr. Bowers, and I think he has a little crush on Mrs. Pilek. Some of the looks he gave her were looks of admiration, kind of like she was a hot roast beef sandwich and he just wanted to eat her up. His comment that the new Mom could be fat had me laughing, I don't think he's looked in the mirror. Also his comments about his wife bringing junk food in the house was wrong, sure blame your weight problem, and that of your kids on your wife.

Is it just me, or do the previews for next week imply that Mr. Bowers would leave his wife? I wonder if the wife's didn't get along due to the rude way the Pilek's treated Mrs. Bowers? I can't wait to see how they spend the money.

Thank you for reading.

I am willing to bet that Samantha had a heck of a time convincing her family to do the show. Lisa made a bad situation worst by barking orders, calling the husband “hon” and questioning his parenting techniques. Instead of conflicts, what that created was a volatile situation. The father was determined to be unpleasant and I doubt those spoiled brats know the difference between a dishwasher and a washing machine.

I like Samantha and Lisa’s family, but I can’t stand Lisa and Samantha’s family. Go figure

FORT Regular
    Lisa Bowers seems to lack self-confidence. Her family treats her poorly and the Pileks treat her poorly.

Granted, the Pileks, sans Samantha, are incredibly rude. HOwever, there is something in Lisa that seems to bring this out in people, which is a shame.

She seems like a nice person, essentially, but so uncomfortable with who she is that she comes across as brash and too outspoken.

I hope that she is able to get it together and get some confidence. Maybe she could attend a Self-confidence Camp run by Samantha. (I know that Samantha really doesn't do that, but she could)
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    I am not convinced that Lisa Bowers drank as much as we were led to believe. The editing looked odd, like it was being replayed again and again. I could be wrong.

And frankly, if I had just put a bunch of dishes away only to be told <then I was nearly done>, that they were dirty, I would be a bit peeved, too. I think that is where some of her self defense boisterousness <is that even a word?! > comes from.

And finally, so what if Sam P had to talk her family into doing the show? it is not as if that was Lisa's fault, or if she even knew it. It is no excuse to treat someone rudely as the Pilek's have done.

IC

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    I agree.....while I was watching the saki scene I thought to myself "they're playing her drinking the same shot of saki over and over to make it seem like she's sucking it down like water". Just like when they edit a kiss and show it repeated to make it seem longer and more passionate. Not denying she probably had too much to drink, but I think if she had truly drank all the shots they showed AND all the glasses of whatever else it was she was drinking (beer? wine?) they would have had to forklift her up from under the table.
    Cake or Death?

FORT Regular
    Cake, please! Nice Eddie Izzard reference!

Do you mean they edit things in Reality TV world?

()
    Last edited by Sunshine62923; 08-05-2004 at 05:00 PM.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

FORT Regular

Swimming Pool Laziness

I feel that if they cannot afford to clean their pool. mind you how much does tap water and a can of comet cost... then they should take it down. It does not cost a ton of money to run an above ground pool. if you take care of it, the maintenance is not much. i have an above ground pool and it does not cost that much to keep the chemicals going.

i think it is plan laziness not because of lack of money...they sure have no problem over spending and opening the wallet for a pizza etc.

The thing about PM and the sake keeps playing over and over in my mind.

No question whatsoever that the editing process can do you in . . .

HOWEVER, the thought that crossed my mind about her knocking back the sake is:

New family, new situation, etc., etc., etc.

Me, personally, I would be thinking it'd be better NOT to drink any alcoholic beverages AT ALL, NOT ONE DROP, rather than through nervousness, a fondness for booze (and no, I am NOT saying or implying that Lisa is a lush), whatever, drinking too much and most likely --- and probably --- making a total ass of myself. I'd want to at least TRY to put my best foot forward with everybody and wouldn't want to take a chance with blowing that.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    With regard to swimming pool laziness....I honestly thought that one of the Bowers (Eric?) said the pool was "broken". Have to admit I have never owned an above ground pool, but I am assuming that there has to be some sort of pump/filter mechanism that could quite concieveably be broken? And, having owned a hot tub in the past and discovering that when the motor to the pump froze up that it would be $800 for a new one.....that's hardly in the same ballpark as a can of Comet or a pizza. I'm afraid our hot tub had to languish inoperably for quite awhile till we could afford to fix it (but at least it had a lid and could be ignored as an unobtrusive part of the deck...the pool is admittedly a much bigger eyesore and I also don't know if you can take them down or not)

And Sunshine......."We only had three bits, we weren't expecting such a RUSH" I love Eddie!
    Cake or Death?

+ Reply to Thread