+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

Not sure if this would have anything to do with the situation or not. But, I know that if I am around someone I don't care for I will lay around like a lazy bum just because I lack the enthusiasm it would take to get up and entertain them. Kinda the same situation if you have to do some mundane task at work... hard to get motivated. The Pilek kids came off to me as being just like that. I bet if Katie's mom had been there, she would have been all over the place. However, the Bower's kids liked Sam and were willing to do just about anything for her, hence their level of motivation was to please Sam. Just my two cents.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I agree with canadian_bunny

Lisa went to the Piler family home with the wrong attitude -- she expected to be treated poorly because she is not as wealthy or as attractive as the Piler family. She had a chip on her shoulder before she got there, suring her stay, and when she got back.

I was truly disgusted by her behavior upon her return to her house. Watch who she greeted and hugged first -- the dog! But the Piler children were all over their mom upon her return. Lisa couldn't stop spewing nasty comments! California yards were the size of postage stamps, no one was nice to her, etc. She ridiculed her son for liking Sam, and even mentioned that she knew he said "I love you" to Sam, she riduculed all the nice things Sam wrote about the kids in her letter, until the kids began to believe that of course they didn't deserve those nice, warm compliments -- I'm sure those kids feel unworthy of anyone taking time out to tell them how great they are --- the brow beating from their mom and passiveness from their dad is sure to kill any self worth they might have.

You get a good sense of Lisa's parenting as she bullies little girl Pilek (?name) about her singing, and her awful humiliation tactic of teen boy Pilek's sport. Counting loudly every time he missed one, as he became more flustered and embarrassed. When he hit one, she yelled "Foul!" and laughed as if this were great fun for her. She's an overgrown bully.

She was rude to the neighbors -- belittled their housing, snapped that she was a dental THERAPIST not hygenist (omitting the fact that she's unemployed right now, but we'll let that slide). One of those neighbors was on the boat, and was a bit catty in telling everyone that Lisa was a dental Therapist not hygenist. You know what? I bet those boat women WOULD have been nice to Lisa if she had tried to become one of the group. And if she was a nice person, I'm sure Mr. Pilek would have introduced her around. He was probably over-hosting his guests, hoping to prevent some unwarranted outburst from Lisa that could embarrass him. (Too late -- she went to her room to cry when the guests came over to the house later.)

She gets home, and acts so obnoxiously that even her passive husband leaves the room. "Where are you going?" she shouts, pleased that she 'got his goat'. He responds, "Anywhere the f*#k away from you!"

Tammy Nakumara and Lisa shoud have their own lunch group. Who would win in a brawl, do you think?
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

That would be funny Lisa and Tammy having lunch together . Can you imagine how that would go down?
    Tammy criticizing Lisa for eating to much and telling her she needs to exercise more and cut down on her carbs.
    Lisa whining about how unwelcome she feels and how hurt her feelings are because of Tammy's rude comments .
    Then Lisa Will go on the attack and call Tammy fake,shallow and cold as Lisa starts shoving more hot dogs with Chez- Whiz down her mouth.
    Then Tammy will sneeze and her nose will fall off into her plate of pasta salad because of botched plastic surgery and Lisa will have the last laugh as she belches uncontrollably.
    Then Tammy will pick up the tab along with her nose and the both of them will hug and say "This was so therapeutic let's get together and do this again".
    The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Starby
    Lisa went to the Piler family home with the wrong attitude -- she expected to be treated poorly because she is not as wealthy or as attractive as the Piler family. She had a chip on her shoulder before she got there, suring her stay, and when she got back.

I was truly disgusted by her behavior upon her return to her house. Watch who she greeted and hugged first -- the dog! But the Piler children were all over their mom upon her return. Lisa couldn't stop spewing nasty comments! California yards were the size of postage stamps, no one was nice to her, etc. She ridiculed her son for liking Sam, and even mentioned that she knew he said "I love you" to Sam, she riduculed all the nice things Sam wrote about the kids in her letter, until the kids began to believe that of course they didn't deserve those nice, warm compliments -- I'm sure those kids feel unworthy of anyone taking time out to tell them how great they are --- the brow beating from their mom and passiveness from their dad is sure to kill any self worth they might have.

You get a good sense of Lisa's parenting as she bullies little girl Pilek (?name) about her singing, and her awful humiliation tactic of teen boy Pilek's sport. Counting loudly every time he missed one, as he became more flustered and embarrassed. When he hit one, she yelled "Foul!" and laughed as if this were great fun for her. She's an overgrown bully.

She was rude to the neighbors -- belittled their housing, snapped that she was a dental THERAPIST not hygenist (omitting the fact that she's unemployed right now, but we'll let that slide). One of those neighbors was on the boat, and was a bit catty in telling everyone that Lisa was a dental Therapist not hygenist. You know what? I bet those boat women WOULD have been nice to Lisa if she had tried to become one of the group. And if she was a nice person, I'm sure Mr. Pilek would have introduced her around. He was probably over-hosting his guests, hoping to prevent some unwarranted outburst from Lisa that could embarrass him. (Too late -- she went to her room to cry when the guests came over to the house later.)

She gets home, and acts so obnoxiously that even her passive husband leaves the room. "Where are you going?" she shouts, pleased that she 'got his goat'. He responds, "Anywhere the f*#k away from you!"

Tammy Nakumara and Lisa shoud have their own lunch group. Who would win in a brawl, do you think?

LUCYGRL
    I wholeheartedly agree...with almost everything. I am coming in late on this piece but am enjoying reading all the posts and catching up on thing. Anywhoo, I have said all along that ANYONE who has agreed to do this reality stint know most of what the game plan is. If not, well..enough said about their thought process is. I'm sure some creative editing is involved but why the whining and complaining about Lisa when the husband know beforehand someone was going to replace wifey for aweek. The only way out of that is if she forged is john handcock and signed them both on to do the show and sprung the "suprise" on him later on. As for the cleanliness of the pool. We have almost always had one and with a tight cash flow it really doesn't take much money to keep it clean, if you put alittle TLC into it. They can buy some chlorine and hmmm, maybe have someone vacume it out once everyweek or two and run the filter. We have always maintained a very clean pool with some time and energy and very little cash. If they can't afford the chlorine for it they should mabybe think about taking it down as this can be a breeding ground for mosquitos and the many deadly diseases they can carry. I gotta agree on the laziness theory on that one. Just an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    With regard to the above ground pool.......I believe that it's not laziness but rather lack of money that leaves it in its present condition. When you use all your money to eat and pay the bills there isn't much left for "extras" and when things that aren't absolutely essential get broken (like car windows for example) it can be some time before the money is scrounged together to get them fixed. I have spent 30 years of marriage living from paycheck to paycheck, mostly everyone I know is in the same boat, and if that makes me lower middle class or a redneck then so be it. Just because the Bowers are heavy people reflects more on bad eating habits (chocolate syrup and marshmello fluff??) than laziness. I would much rather be a part of their family than the Pileks (could that man whine any more....sheesh, it's just for a week buddy, try and tough it out) with those silent zombie children. It's kind of amazing to me how people who have agreed to be filmed and shown on tv in a reality setting for MONEY are bitching and moaning about a few little changes and adjustments in their lives. I'm sorry, for $50,000 I could put up with the mom from hell for a mere week AND I think I could manage to act congenial for the cameras.

FORT Newbie
    this is a really cool family thier way better than the pilek family

Quote Originally Posted by kristen p
    this is a really cool family thier way better than the pilek family
    Cool family? Nanna and the kids were cool. The father was OK. Tammy was a piece of disillusionment.The Pilek family......lets just say they need a lot of therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    Cool family? Nanna and the kids were cool. The father was OK. Tammy was a piece of disillusionment.The Pilek family......lets just say they need a lot of therapy.
    Nanna and the kids, or Tammy are not part of the Bower Family. Thats the Nakamura Family (sp??) from the first episode of Trading Spouses. The Bowers had Lisa and her family. The Pileks need therapy, but their Mom (Samantha) is pretty kewl, unless she was putting on an act in front of the camera.

FORT Newbie

Re: The Bowers Family

Samantha Pilek is the typical Orange County gold-digger and her husband has about as much personality as a dead corps. Self-absorbed, money-hungry and living in an amusing delusion that the whole world envies them (? I've lived in Orange County. People are all plastic. Just plain boring area; beautiful but very shallow).
    Pilek's are a nasty, extremely cold family. Its really amazing to me how these people can't see themselves how awful they are. They have no feeling to anything or anyone. Just very loveless family alltogether. They must all be on prozac to put up with each other so they don't get depressed and committ suicide.

The other family was far more healthy and normal. Shows you money is not everything.

+ Reply to Thread