+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

Quote Originally Posted by luvcure1
    Katy Pilek seemed tired to me, snuggling on the couch with a blanket, while yawning.
    That is true also- actually, thinking about it- the Pilek kids did seem more *lazy* than the Bower kids...And, wasn't it summer that this was taped? My kids are a lot lazier in summer than normal because they can be. They stay up late and get up earlier and hang out on the couch

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I also used my own experience- I am a lot more weary when I am heavier and out of shape than when I'm working out- and I sleep much more- that is where I based that on)
    When I was heavier, I was more tired and slept more too. Now that I am 125 pounds I have more energy to do more things than I did when I was heavier. I think it depends on the persons metabolism and physical activity. I thought it was a great idea to get a nutritionist in there to help the children eat healthier food, and going to the gym will make them feel more better. I do hope they go get some family counseling too and work on their self esteems.

The Dad does all of the cooking, so he's the one to blame, contrary to what he said about his wife bringing in all the bad food.

A lot of teenagers that I know stay in bed till they just have to get up. That's usually to head to the kitchen. Two of my own did, the other was an early bird. Not a one of them was over weight and we always ate pretty healthy. I know mine liked to stay up half the night and I saw no reason why they shouldn't on weekends and vacations.
    The Pilek kids seeming to be so lethargic was what bothered me. Once they're up you'd think they'd at least act a little bit alive. That poor little girl was even taking her voice lesson while sprawled almost off the couch. If they're not careful she'll have the maid taking the lesson for her.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    Were we watching the same show?? Do you think Lisa would really give a darn what you were telling her?? I'd bet anything that once you were out of sight she would go back and do the same thing she has obviously done her whole life...Ignore everything you said!

There is no way of knowing that. Some people aren't beyond reasoning when theyre talked to accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Im thinking Lisa really didnt get to know the Pileks well enough to know what they really needed.. in my opinion.
    Yeah, the whole situation with the pileks didn't really facilitate things so i supposed she just allocated because she had too.

The Dad does all of the cooking, so he's the one to blame, contrary to what he said about his wife bringing in all the bad food.

I think he'd go so far as to say that she put a gun to his head and forced him. j/k

FORT Newbie
    I really liked the segments with Samantha encouraging the Bowers kids. And the kids really seemed to have more confidence during their interactions with her. Erik, cooking at the restaurant, seemed so relaxed, confident and mature. Kids really do live up to the expectations the adults in their lives have for them - for better or for worse.
    I really liked the Pilek kids. To be that age, and have cameras all over your home and a new mom that is bossy and belittling would have to be very hard and intimidating. I am very surprised at all the bashing they are getting. If they had spoken up for themselves, people would still call them bratty. They were in a no-win situation.

FORT Newbie
    You think the dad is cooking bad food that makes them fat? I'll bet you that they probably eat more than 5 times a day and that food is their source of comfort. They probably eat the most after Lovely Lisa has gone on one of her tirades.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGirl
    I really liked the segments with Samantha encouraging the Bowers kids. And the kids really seemed to have more confidence during their interactions with her. Erik, cooking at the restaurant, seemed so relaxed, confident and mature. Kids really do live up to the expectations the adults in their lives have for them - for better or for worse.
    I really liked the Pilek kids. To be that age, and have cameras all over your home and a new mom that is bossy and belittling would have to be very hard and intimidating. I am very surprised at all the bashing they are getting. If they had spoken up for themselves, people would still call them bratty. They were in a no-win situation.

Well said Homegirl!! I was thinking the same thing. They did what their parents taught them to do and not talk back to an adult. Lisa game is to get to confontations because talking crap is waht she is really good at.

+ Reply to Thread