+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

I think she allotted them money for a hot tub and deck instead Maveno.

I thought Samantha did a decent job of allocating the money, although I too was surprised that she didn't specifically allocate money to the pool, I think you're right though CB, plus the family seemed more interested in the hot tub and deck.

I was susprised at how Lisa allocated the Pilek's $50,000.
    I don't really know what I was expecting her to do, but so much going to braces and a jacuzzi seemed a peculiar choice.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Im thinking Lisa really didnt get to know the Pileks well enough to know what they really needed.. in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    many dental insurance plans cover cavaties and x-ways, but they often don't cover orthodontia, which would be braces and whatnot to straighten otherwise "healthy" teeth.

however, I think it was meanspirited of Mom Bowers towards Katie to point out her teeth as such a "flaw" that needed so much help.
    The Pileks have plenty of money for orthodontia, and if I saw correctly, Zach was wearing a retainer,so they already have an orthodontist. (this just came to mind also- when Samantha waved her hand and said "I have $50,000.) My daughter has had orthodontia since she was 7 and has two sets of braces, - one for correcting, one for cosmetic, plus everything else that you can imagine in between and it has only cost us around $7,000.) Dental insurance for orthodontia is terrible and we didn't use it because we found an ortho who was wonderful who didn't take ours) I know - TMI

I agree that pointing out that Katie needed orthodontia badly was rude- especially since she is probably still waiting for baby teeth to grow in. It sounded like a stab to Katie- which is totally wrong to target a child.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Im thinking Lisa really didnt get to know the Pileks well enough to know what they really needed.. in my opinion.
    True, and what do you give a family who basically has everything and can afford the luxuries? (and please - this is not a bias toward rich people :rolleyes ) The Pileks were not happy about the decisions, and I wonder what they would have wanted Lisa to allocate it for? Could she have just given the check and said *do with it what you want?*

As for Lisa's family- Samantha did a pretty good job, but I would have fixed the pool also. Actually, I would have also hired a nutritionist to come in once a week for 6 months to teach them all how to cook and eat healthy, a one year membership to the local gym for the entire family and a George Forman grill. Sounds wrong, maybe, but I believe that family would get a long better if they felt better. Seeing Erik sleeping way past 10:00 was probably partly due to poor nutrition and heavy foods.

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    Oh come now! While I completely agree with the idea of the nutritionist, the gym membership and the Foreman Grill, I honestly don't think it's possible to blame bad eating habits for kids sleeping in! lol My kids, all 3 of them on the thin side of normal, will HAPPILY sleep till 10 or later every single day of their lives if they don't have something specific to get up for (school, job or whatever) It's called being an "owl" as opposed to being a "lark", and it's just the way your internal body clock runs. I am the same, we all 4 heavily rely on the snooze alarm and would cheerfully never get up before noon and stay up till WAY past midnite given our choice. It drives my husband, the nauseatingly chipper lark who doesn't even NEED an alarm clock, wakes up on his own every morning at 5 or earlier even on the weekends...absolutely crazy! I laughed my ass off to see Dad Bowers pouring water on his son....something both my sons have experienced in their lifetimes!
    Cake or Death?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I'm an owl too.. simply because I stay up too late. But even if I DIDN'T stay up late, I'd gladly wake up past 12 and not blink an eye about it. Lazy? No...I just love my bed! I've actually have successfully trained myself to not do that anymore though.. well, there still are "those days" every now and then.

A nutritionist is a good idea.. that's also another reason the pool needs fixin', what better way to at least get SOME exercise.. but to swim!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

[QUOTE=strawberieblond]Oh come now! While I completely agree with the idea of the nutritionist, the gym membership and the Foreman Grill, I honestly don't think it's possible to blame bad eating habits for kids sleeping in! lolQUOTE]

Well, true, but I think with Erik being overweight and sedentary (from what we saw) certainly didn't help him jump out of bed bright eyed and bushy tailed. Of course, it didn't seem like there was much to wake up to either I didn't mean to cause a ruckus- really - , but Erik was just dead to the world! Who knows, maybe eating better might not make him so tired. (I also used my own experience- I am a lot more weary when I am heavier and out of shape than when I'm working out- and I sleep much more- that is where I based that on)

Katy Pilek seemed tired to me, snuggling on the couch with a blanket, while yawning.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    It drives my husband, the nauseatingly chipper lark who doesn't even NEED an alarm clock, wakes up on his own every morning at 5 or earlier even on the weekends...absolutely crazy!

Your post made me chuckle- my family is opposite. The kids and I get up at the crack of dawn while my husband sleeps in and it drives us crazy.

+ Reply to Thread