+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: The Bowers Family

Quote Originally Posted by WellAhLookyHere
    If you saw her heckling your kid in the batting cage tell me what you would tell her?
    I would take her to the side and talk with her in a polite manner and tell her that my child need encouraging... not ridicule. Wouldnt be cool of me to jump on her in front of my child.. than my child would think its right to be rude to adults.

Quote Originally Posted by jjfrias
    My husband and I were actually thinking that Lisa was going to leave the $50,000 to Scooby!
    .. Scooby could use some snacks.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Maveno: Change that avitar it give me the creeps. LoL

Hell no buddy! Andy is my hero.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. Lisa's behavior at my home..if she did the same crap.. I'd of said something to her, very directly... and she would not have continued any behavior I find offensive. Even if cameras are present. If (after being warned) she continued being an idiot.. onliners would be feeling sorry for Lisa afterward, and I'd be the ogre online to everyone. I wouldn't care either.

Do I think heckling the kid in the batting cage was right? No. But, MY kid wouldn't act as if he's a mute.. MY kid would know how to react to that crap. Period.

Singing lessons and Lisa badgering MY child? MY child would have said something back... MY kid wouldn't act like a mute. If I was there, there may be no reason for my kid to speak up...she'd know that I would "handle it".

So, in essence.. to wrap it all up, I (nor my kids) wouldn't of acted like Mr Pilek, the son and daughter...

I didn't like how she was acting, but by NOT SAYING ANYTHING to her.. she'll continue doing it. Instead of saying anything, they all treated her miserably. IMO, they handled it wrong.

Pilek family was wrong and SO WAS Lisa.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    True and the Pileks could had eased up on their attitude and personality toward her also. If she would had asked, I honestly dont think they would had listened either. So they both made their week the hell it was in my opinion. Lisa needs to get some family counseling, and I hope her family goes with her. They are very nice people and their mom needs some counseling. The Pileks could use some lessons on manners. Maybe Samantha can teach her own children things.
    First impressions are a big deal, and Lisa's wasn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh

I just read this whole discussion and must add my two cents worth.
    About the maid thing. When my kids were at home I had a maid. She was here to do general things, laundry, ironing, house cleaning. She was no ones personal maid. She did the laundry and each kid put away their own things. She did heavy housework but was not responsible for picking up and straightening for the family members. It seems that we may be confusing a professional employee with someone who is hired to be the family slave. Unless daddy is going to pay someone to wipe these kids noses for the rest of their lives, they are going to be in trouble. I would be ashamed for people to know that I had kids who didn't know how to fold and put clothes away.
    Little "Britney" does NOT need to plan on her "talent" seeing her through. For the life of me I don't see that happening.
    I didn't think the ten thousand for orthodontics was too excessive. I'm thinking that my grandsons braces and other work may come close to that amount. He isn't through yet, so don't know for sure. Besides, what else would you use it on? It seems like they already have everything they want.
    I didn't get to hear what all the money was allocated to, on either side, but I think it would be hard to decide those things after only one week.
    It seems that the show is intended to start controversy. Seems like it's working.
    Depends what you're paying the servants to do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Hell no buddy! Andy is my hero.
    He's gross, and he was bragging about smoking pot on Kimmel once. :rolleyes

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    If they were a guest in my home, I would treat them with manners. We werent raised to be rude to guests in our home, even if they are being rude to us. Show them you are a better person by not lowering yourself to their level.

Exactly.

FORT Regular
    I'm not a big fan of Andy Dick...I found him annoying at first and then he kind of grew on me...but bragging about smoking pot is a lot better than lying about it. Let all the dopers be honest. It's hard enough for them.

FORT Regular
    Wonder why she would have a chip on her shoulder?? Maybe it was because no one from her family got up to say bye? She started this whole thing with her Negative Attitude toward everyone! She started *itching right when she was in the car with Mr. Pilek. She got off the plane with a chip on her shoulder. "You reap what you sow" I think it's pathetic for her to bad mouth people and their neighborhood and then sit in front of the camera crying about how no one is making her feel included. She isolated herself. In the real world if you're rude and crass to people you get treated back in the same way.
    Hey C-bunny what would your family and friends do if a woman like Lisa came to your house for a week and acted like that?
    You got it. You can't treat people roughly or like dirt and expect special attention. Lisa tried to gain pity, and her lower economic situation may be a factor in that attempt. C-bun and a lot of the other critics of the Pilek family may post the way they do, because some people may relate better to Lisa for personal reasons. It's a skewed view.

FORT Newbie
    I would take her to the side and talk with her in a polite manner and tell her that my child need encouraging... not ridicule. Wouldnt be cool of me to jump on her in front of my child.. than my child would think its right to be rude to adults.

Were we watching the same show?? Do you think Lisa would really give a darn what you were telling her?? I'd bet anything that once you were out of sight she would go back and do the same thing she has obviously done her whole life...Ignore everything you said!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by happydude
    I'm not a big fan of Andy Dick...I found him annoying at first and then he kind of grew on me...but bragging about smoking pot is a lot better than lying about it. Let all the dopers be honest. It's hard enough for them.
    I only find him amusing when he's acting silly and daffy. He may be honest, but illegal drugs are a form of harmful activity that most people will never find acceptable no matter what any celebrity says. He was assaulted outside a nightclub not too long ago, so that may have spurred on more drug use.

This isn't the Andy Dick thread, and Maveno doesn't have to change her avatar to suit you.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread