+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

Kao
    In a sense, Lisa dug her own hell. Sam seemed really genuine when she mentioned something about Christmas, and for Lisa to badmouth Sam on the show - a woman she had only met that once- was in very poor taste to me. but considering how she was treated at the Pilek home, she really didn't have a good impression to go on when she met Sam. I mean, she met Sam's friends and that was enough.

If those hags on the boat had good breeding and class on top of having money, they would have understood that there are certain things one doesn't say in public about other people, much less on national TV. Can anyone say nouveau?

Even if she wouldnt had been loud or obnoxious, the Pilek Family would still be the way they were. They had no interest in participating in the trading spouses idea. I am not condoning her parenting skills. The whole point of the show was to trade moms and to try to instill or teach different values than what they are used to. About washing the dishes, folding clothes, etc.. it doesn't matter if they pay someone to do it, it would not had hurt them to put them away. As far as Mr Pilek doing housework ( on the last episode.. He and Katie were folding clothes and putting things away before Samantha got home)... Why would it had been such a big deal to do that when Lisa had asked them too instead of making such an issue of it? I understand they dont do housework because the maid does it for them, but the point of the trading spouses was to learn from the other mother about the way she lived with her spouse and children, which because the Bowers couldn't afford a maid .. would had been to pitch in and help clean house. Although Lisa only asked them to do ONE little chore to each child, and they couldnt do that! I really dont see why others are saying .. because you hire someone to clean your home that the child or other people living in the house shouldnt do the work, because you pay someone to do it. No matter what your opinion of it is, I will not change my thoughts on the matter because it absolutely makes no sense to me. If I hired a maid to clean my house, I would still pick up after myself and not expect my hired help to do it all.
    Here a little something that might change your mind..... not that I want you to have to listen to me or anything but here a simple reason why the Pileks did absolutely nothing wrong in their manners, in their attitude, their morals and the way they are.....

First off, I don't know if it is true but if the Pilek father and his kids did not want to participate in the reality show in the first place then you're absolutely right, regardless of Lisa's personality, the Pilek would still be the way they are. I totally agree with that.

However, the thing is there is just NOTHING wrong (maybe perhaps a tiny, minor, insignificant peeve) with the way the Pileks are (minus the mom Sam for now) ....you even said it yourself,
    it doesn't matter if they pay someone to do it, it would not had hurt them to put them away. As far as Mr Pilek doing housework ( on the last episode.. He and Katie were folding clothes and putting things away before Samantha got home)... Why would it had been such a big deal to do that when Lisa had asked them too instead of making such an issue of it?
    They DO pick up after themselves. They're not sloppy or lazy spoil brats who uses money to solve all their needs/ problems. The maid thing is a NON-ISSUE as far as Lisa accusing them of being spoiled lazy people... the problem ALL ALONG was, you guessed it, LISA herself who Mr Pilek, Zach and Kaitlin detest! And who can blame them? If you don't know why already, you should read my previous postings on this thread to refresh your memory!

The problem was Lisa! Just because someone is telling you to do this or do that doesn't mean you have to do it, right? Much less that someone is being rude, obnoxious, arrogant, childish, naive, and just plain mean about it! Remember the 1st Trading Spouses? Remember Tammy (from the Nakamura family)? Well, as much as it is hard to believe, but there is actually another person living, breathing in this world who is just as obnoxious as Tammy, if not worse! Her name is Lisa Bowers. I mean talk about giving Tammy a run for her money! Lisa is quite up there...... you know if she ran for the ugliest personality on earth.

Okay. My point is that Lisa is the one who is making the "doing home chores" a BIG deal. She just couldn't be nice about it. Without even consulting the father about what she plans to do with their lives or hinting about it in the first place, she just uses her overly-aggressive, take-no-prisoners, rotten attitude and put it towards the Pilek kids and the dad. Bosses them around like slaves. Now you tell me why would ANYBODY, let alone Mr Pilek and his kids, take THAT in gut, be happy about it and do as they're told?

Lisa is the problem here, not the Pileks. If I was in that situation I would do exactly like the dad and kids too! In fact, it you really think about it, Mr Pilek had been a VERY kind host to Lisa from the stuff he had tolerated (and he tolerated alot, for one thing, if anyone dissed my kid during a singing lesson in front of everyone, cameras or no cameras I would've given THAT person a piece of my mind, unlike Mr Pilek's -lack of- reaction if you know what I mean) .....remember all the complaining and whinning from Mr Pilek was in front of the cameras during which Lisa was not present. Never once was he mean and offensive towards her. He remained relatively "gentlemanly-like" under the circumstances.... granted there was on a rare occasion when he could've been kinder towards his guest than he actually was (ie the boat party incident) but generally speaking, Mr Pilek did nothing wrong.

Yes, the show is about trading moms and lend themselves into an experience they probably will never experience again so in that sense the participants of the show should be opened minded about it.... or be more interactive.... In THEORY that is....

But in actuality, a person can only tolerate so much and act as courteous as humanly possible when you get nothing but negative, antagonistic, dissenting, repugnant attitude in return. That was what the Pileks faced with and that is why it isn't an issue of lessons in manners and personal responsibility or wealth status issues or the issue of maid service..... they're just excuses and smoke screen to the REAL issue of the problem(s) with Lisa's personality. Her outlook on life just sucks... and unfortunately that translates into alot of the things she interacts with, in this case, making the Pilek family miserable. Not the other way around.

I think if Lisa was smart enough and hold her ego aside, she might want to learn a thing or two from the Pilek family (esp what Sam does) and apply what she learned towards her own. I guarantee you they will live a much happier fuller lives! But in reality, don't bet on it anytime soon.....
    Last edited by decan; 08-12-2004 at 02:31 AM.

FORT Regular

Decan, I completely agree with you. There is something within Lisa that just rubs people the wrong way. She just can't seem to get beyond her little view of the world. She is very immature.

She reminds me so much of one of my relatives that it is heartbreaking. I am glad that her kids met Sam and saw how an active, participating (regardless of economic status) Mom is. And, I noticed how Lisa's husband could not stay in the same room with her on the same day she returned! Wow - that spoke volumes!
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

FORT Regular
    You can't pin this travesty on either Lisa or the Pileks because they were both just as bad in a different way. Fox got the show they wanted, and we have been endlessly entertained by it. If they sent a mom (or dad) to live for a week in someone else's house and everyone got along fine, it wouldn't be fun to watch or talk about. This was set up to be a show that showcased the inability of people to adapt immediately to a new situation and record the ensuing results. Fox had to find people whom they thought would would have a hard time dealing with each other. They struck gold with Lisa and the Pileks.

Lisa should have been less of a demanding bitch, and the Pileks (Jurek in particular, setting an example for his children) should have treated their guest better.

FORT Regular
    I agree that the Pileks could have been more behaved without Sam (Sam's neighbors were just plain snotty and are not worth further mention); however, it needs to be noted that Lisa seemed to instigate certain negative behaviors in her own family too. And, while I do not think that Lisa is evil at all, she is the common denominator.

So, yes, Fox did strike gold with Lisa and the Pileks... but I really hope that Lisa can leave behind her complacency - it is strangling her and her family.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

FORT Newbie
    I wonder if Lisa had been the "wealthy mom" and behaved exactly as she did to the "poor family", if she would have so much sympathy and so many supporters.
    Lisa sees herself as a perpetual victim, and is unable to see how she is responsible for creating the negative reactions she receives.
    Yes, the neighbors were very rude. But, Lisa defended her own rudeness to them earlier by saying "If I offend you, Oh well!"
    She sees her own rudeness as being an honest, call-it-like-I-see-it person. Almost like a badge of honor and nobility in what she sees as a sea of shallow people in need of her frankness and enlightenment. When she is faced with similar rudeness, she simply can't handle it. That certainly does not make the neighbor's behavior OK. I think they went way overboard.

FORT Regular
    I have to wonder how much time Samantha Pilek spends with her "friends" (as if people who act them could be a friend to anyone...how could you ever trust one of them?) Sam seems so different from these nasty shallow hags I have a hard time seeing her enjoying their company. Maybe she will see them as they really are in this show. I know if these were my friends, I would have some things to say to them about how they treated a guest in my home.

I really like Samantha. She seems to be very warm and nurturing. Wish I could say the same for Lisa. After Jurek said everything was back to normal, they cut to the Pileks in different rooms doing their own thing. They seemed content. The Pileks have more space to roam, hence less interaction. Lisa could not grasp that concept. I think she honestly believes that always being on top of each other is interacting, when it's really the product of living in cramp quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeGirl
    I wonder if Lisa had been the "wealthy mom" and behaved exactly as she did to the "poor family", if she would have so much sympathy and so many supporters.
    Lisa sees herself as a perpetual victim, and is unable to see how she is responsible for creating the negative reactions she receives.
    Yes, the neighbors were very rude. But, Lisa defended her own rudeness to them earlier by saying "If I offend you, Oh well!"
    She sees her own rudeness as being an honest, call-it-like-I-see-it person. Almost like a badge of honor and nobility in what she sees as a sea of shallow people in need of her frankness and enlightenment. When she is faced with similar rudeness, she simply can't handle it. That certainly does not make the neighbor's behavior OK. I think they went way overboard.
    Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    About washing the dishes, folding clothes, etc.. it doesn't matter if they pay someone to do it, it would not had hurt them to put them away. As far as Mr Pilek doing housework ( on the last episode.. He and Katie were folding clothes and putting things away before Samantha got home)... Why would it had been such a big deal to do that when Lisa had asked them too instead of making such an issue of it?
    Because the housework exercise is pointless to the Pileks. I also believe that they refused to comply to Lisa's demand because she "barked out" orders instead of "asking nicely".

Too much emphasis on the maid. I don't think the maid is there 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, right? Therefore, at some point, sometimes, the Pilek kids do know how to put away dirty plates, cups and glasses etc. I just think Lisa's demand is pointless and just an excuse to pick on the kids.

BTW, I don't recall the TV shows the Bowers kids do any house chore neither. That's definitely not a true reflection on the Bowers kids as I'm sure that they do help out around the house. It just TV editing. Same argument goes for the Pilek kids. Not because the TV didn't show them do anything else but playing means that they don't know how to put their clothes away neither.

Nghe

+ Reply to Thread