+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Samantha seemed to be a nice lady but I wonder if it was just an act for the cameras. Our choice of spouse and friends are reflective of who we really are and hers are rude, cold and snooty. I don’t know what to make of her telling Lisa that Erik told her he loves her. Was she saying, “He is such a sweet boy” or rubbing it in her face that she “bonded with her son”?

I can't get over how small Zach and Katie are for their age. I am willing to bet they are not allowed to eat carbs or anything sweet. How sad!
    Couple observations:

1. Samantha uses encouraging words to build relations with the Bowers children. She praised the kids, took Eric to a chef's kitchen to let him explore new things, suggested Katlyn to let her hair down often because the latter was pretty etc.

2. Lisa, on the other hand, tended to make fun of the Pilek children. At the batting cage, she constantly yelled "That's a strike etc." instead of giving the kid encouraging word to do better.

From what I saw, Lisa wanted to be a new boss in the house, not a new mommy.

Nghe

Samantha is just a gem of a person...I really like how she took each Bowers child for some alone time and did things they like.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    You saying I'm like Lisa? Might I suggest your retract your typing fingers before you lose all typing ability?.
    You made an explicit comment and didn't care how others would find it. That's how Lisa felt about her upfront personality if you don't recall.

I was talking about her jaw being out of whack..it's pretty obvious.
    I could care less if she wants to be Britney, nor do I care if Zach wants to be a baseball star. Good for them. .
    Lisa may have been right about them going in for a disappointment with those unrealistic goals. They'll learn as they get older.

Ohhh... ok then. I thought you were just saying that to ease us into the "calm knowledge" of your status quo and bankroll. I guess I was wrong.
    Take it as you will, but whoever said life is fair for all? The Pileks have been more blessed than some ring around the collar worker, so some critics may dislike that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    You made an explicit comment and didn't care how others would find it. That's how Lisa felt about her upfront personality if you don't recall.
    Yeah...being online affords me that privilege.

Take it as you will, but whoever said life is fair for all? The Pileks have been more blessed than some ring around the collar worker, so some critics may dislike that fact.
    I did take it as I will..
    What I'm noticing here is a striking resemblance of your highbrow statements and the neighbors/friends of the Pileks.

Are you one of them? Please, be honest.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

If y'all can't play nice, I'll have to hand out time-outs. And we won't need a maid to do it.

I was so totally horrified with last night's show. I can't even put it into words.
    I was very disturbed by it also. I already wrote a pretty long post on the show spoiler thread, so I won't do it here too, but I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it. (that never happens unless I'm under incredible distress ) I know it's a reality show, but human feelings were being smashed and it was painful to watch. I know Lisa is a bit rough- but she and her family didn't deserve what they got on national television

gUd cHaRlOtTe RoCkZ pnkrockpunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    I know Lisa is a bit rough- but she and her family didn't deserve what they got on national television

I agree. That's how they are, that's how they live, and there is nothing wrong with that. Thier used to that lifestyle. Lisa may be rude but Samantha's husband was rude to. This show really makes me think.
    "if u stand infront of the mirror with a dozen roses, u will see the most 13 beautiful things in the world."- billy martin
    " Music is supposed to be an escape, It's supposed to be somewhere you can go, where you can be yourself, or watever u want to be." - jOeL
    " I'm tired of fighting, tired of being mean, tired of being mad, tired of being.... just angry at the world and myself." Benji
    " I like to eat dinner every night" - garth from wayn'e world 2

FORT Regular
    Yeah...being online affords me that privilege. .
    The venue we were discussing was national television. People, such as Lisa and the people on the boat, should try to appear more civil on tv.

I did take it as I will..
    What I'm noticing here is a striking resemblance of your highbrow statements and the neighbors/friends of the Pileks.
    Are you one of them? Please, be honest.
    Tried "insults" aren't allowed here. Did you think the comment about Tammy acting the way she did because she was a former trucker considered high brow?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone

I was very disturbed by it also. I already wrote a pretty long post on the show spoiler thread, so I won't do it here too, but I actually woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it. (that never happens unless I'm under incredible distress ) I know it's a reality show, but human feelings were being smashed and it was painful to watch. I know Lisa is a bit rough- but she and her family didn't deserve what they got on national television .
    Lisa's family was not mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid

Lisa's family was not mistreated.
    What I meant was Samantha's friends ( ) were saying really mean things about Lisa (her trailer size, her insecurity and the comment about "can you imagine her husband?") That has to affect her family and if it was my family I would be extremely hurt by it.

The Pilek Neighbors were very rude to Lisa. Yes, Lisa can be a bit loud and obnoxious, but the brunette with the big teeth, laughing loud on the boat, making fun of Lisa because she was a dental hygenist, making comments about her husband, etc. was totally out of line and just as loud and obnoxious as Lisa ever was on this show. Oh its very unattractive when you brag on how good you look, how pretty you are and how small you are compared to others. Their friends may dress well and look beautiful, but their personality on the inside is UGLY... and makes them just as ugly on the outside. I am sure when the Bowers family seen this episode.. their feelings were hurt. I hope Samantha watches it very closely and sees how her family and friends behaved and treated someone that was a guest in her home. The Pileks could use a lesson on Manners and How to treat others around you. Just because you have more money, luxuries, etc than others (be it by working or having it handed to you) doesnt give you the right to treat other people with such unkindness. The golden rule goes a long way in all social classes of people. I also noticed Mr Pilek and Katie were folding clothes and cleaning the house a bit before Samantha got home, wonder if they deducted that from the maids pay??
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-11-2004 at 07:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread