+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

FORT Fan
    my take:
    Lisa is used to being around her husband and kids. Her kids flip mom and dad off, complain about everything, talk back to their parents.....all in a way that is probably done somewhat in jest, but probably not exactly how most sociologists would recommend you raise your kids. Lisa can't cook, and doesn't want to learn. her parenting style makes for a nice happy, yet fat, family. the son seemed to get his first taste of a different form of parenting when samantha was encouraging him at bowling, which he commented on as being really cool. doesn't look like the parents have set any boundaries with their kids as far as their diet or how they listen to their parents. no way i would have even thought about flipping off my parents, or talk back. kids seem like normal kids, happy to get away with whatever mom and dad let them get away with. i can talk back, ok. mom doesn't cook so i can order pizza whenever i want or pick out whatever crap i want from the store, ok. sam seems much different from the nakamura truckdriving waitress. she has tried to encourage the kids without butting in too much.
    the lisa lady really did appear to be tipsy at the restaurant, and the looks the kids were giving her were classic, like they had never seen anyone getting drunk before. the kids may appear to be lazy for not wanting to do the chores she came up with, but she didn't even know they had a maid and was upset the daughter didn't help her clean when the maid was coming right behind her to clean. maybe the kids are responsible for tehir rooms, and not the kitchen and laundry. i think the producers come in after a day or two and tell the ladies to shake things up and try to make their kids live by their rules...
    id didn't look like lisa's kids were doing any cleaning with sam over there like they were just doing their daily chores.....methinks if lisa was really enforcing her rules like she had at home they would have ordered a couple of pizzas and had a burping/farting contest and they kids would have gained 20 pounds by the end of the week.
    she doesn't come across as likable. bossy maybe. socially retarded. she can't act around the new family like she would act around her family without coming across as annoying. the new family doesn't appreciate her 'sense of humor' and is not used to having a loud, obnoxious, drunk mom.

the dad and kids possibly should be trying a little harder to get along with her, but after 2 or 3 days, i'm sure they can't capture exactly everything the family has put up with to this point.

i'm somewhat afraid for the families regarding how the mothers will say the money has to be spent.
    sam may be leaning towards a new car and healthier lifestyle (cooking lessons, nutirtionist, child psychologists)
    lisa could have them dump the money on a year's supply of pizza and hot wings

Kao
    The kids DID strike me as being a bit lazy. Maid or no maid, you can't put away your own clothes? Geez. Mom is a sweetheart and a good sport though.

I dont see where Lisa was doing anything out of line. To pick up clothes and to load the dishwasher ..geez thats not asking alot. They were really mean to her at the beach and at the restaurant, no wonder she was drinking. The Pilek Children and hubby are really rude, I like Samantha though, I think shes been really trying to help the Bowers children and they do like her, so they arent as bad as her own children have been in my opinion.

tab
    FORT Newbie
    Lisa is getting back exactly what she dishes out. How the Pilek children and hubby are treating her is no different from how we saw her own family treat her.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    tab, yes..it IS different. She knows her own family, she knows their idiosyncrasies and can "tolerate" them. It is NOT appropriate for another person to treat another person rudely simply because "they're used to it". Besides.. the Pilek family has NO IDEA how this woman's life is, especially how her family may or may not treat her.

Example:
    ~I can jokingly call my gf a tramp and we can laugh it off... if a stranger calls her a tramp, it'll most definitely be taken seriously. It is NOT the stranger's place to say that.
    ~A child is used to getting a spanking by mom or dad when he does something wrong.. while visiting a stranger's home, it would NOT be O.K. for a stranger to spank him if he does something wrong.

The family needs to understand that this "experiment" is only for a week. The worse thing they can do is continue with their complaining, rudeness and blatant disregard for a VISITOR in their home.
    I think they have a lot of refining to do with manners....starting mainly with the dad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan
    lisa trying to give the little girl a complex because 'dad would rather spend time with your brother' was inappropriate, especially in front of the kids

and, editing or not, she drank too much in front of the kids....they kept looking at her like they had never seen anyone drunk before, and she was acting like a drunk frat girl. i just hope she didn't hit on the son on the way home

Why do you think she'd hit on the Pilek son?
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    She wasn't trying to give her a complex, she was trying to find out things because she knows she's gotta address the $50K soon. Lisa is AWFUL at tact...she has no idea how to actually "talk" to a child in a manner where you can learn something from them. Her family [IMO] "talks to each other" with sarcasm and jabs, that's all she knows. She was trying... and really sucking at it.

The drinking... I'd lay $1000 bet that it WAS editing. I'm sure she had a Saki or two and a beer, but the editing made it look like she was slammin' one after another. I'd of drank too.. but even with BAD editing I'd still look tactful. Lisa is so unrefined she has no idea of her surroundings..let alone that the cameras are 24/7.

Hitting on the son during the car ride? :rolleyes Uhh..ok.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Lisa hit the nail on the head, as another poster noted, when she commented on the Pilek family's separateness. I think for a lot of people keeping really busy with outside activities is a way to avoid intimacy or at least deeper relationships.
    By contrast, Lisa appears to be the type who desperately needs to connect, and the more the Pileks -- particularly the husband -- distance themselves, the more anxious and obnoxious she gets.
    Frankly, I'd rather live with the fat, messy, loud-mouthed Bowers, than the materialistic, image-conscious and eerily cold Pileks. But the pool is cool.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan
    i was kidding about that.....
    just saying even with editing to make it look like she had a dozen beers and saki....
    she was acting like a drunk frat girl
    (and hitting on a teen boy is something they would do)
    no, i don't think she did, i was joking about how drunk she was acting, and how it was inappropriate

+ Reply to Thread