+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

I didnt like the way the Pilek Family treated their "New Mom" at the beach. The guys should had gotten up and offered her a seat, and someone should had walked the beach with her. They really are acting like spoiled sports. I like Samantha, their mom, she is funny and very charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Yeah, they should be on Showbiz Moms & Dads

I wonder what country Mr. Pilek is from? Because his names are obviously not of english origin?
    I think it's a Polish name.

I agree I think the Pilek is quite cold. Lisa Bowers made a good observation in stating that this family gets along by seperating themselves and doing their own thing.
    I know editing plays a big part in reality tv,but from what we've been shown so far I don't much care for the husband. He had a funky stuck up attitude and was not supportive ( 'the kids are going to go right back to doing things as before when she's gone').
    The son, Zack seems soft and spolied like he has never done house work before. ( teach him how to load a dish washer?) And little barbie katie was a lazy prima donna. What does she do sleep all day?
    And the kids don't pick up their own clothes,"the maid" does that??
    The site of the maid on her hands and kness washing the counter top made me mad.
    What does Samntha do for a living?
    Last edited by fit_chick5; 08-04-2004 at 12:23 PM.

I think mum Pilek is very sweet, hard to imagine her fitting into her own cold fish family.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fit_chick5
    Lisa Bowers made a good observation in stating that this family gets along by seperating themselves and doing their own thing.
    I totally agree with you, fit_chick! I wanted to give this family a chance. I LOVE their house! But money sure don't buy class, does it? Those kids shoulda got off their rears and let the other mom sit in the chair! But shame on the dad for not bringing it to their attention.

At first I thought Mrs. Bowers was rude and crass, but then, as I learned more and more about the Pilek family, I felt most things she was saying were true! It's sad they don't spend much time together. We live in a pretty small house, and our teens are under our feet constantly, and though they make me nuts sometimes, I adore them and adore the fact that they still like hanging around with me and Mr. Rumpshaker. Sure they hang in their rooms and enjoy their alone time, but the Pilak family just seemed sad and lonely, and the kids .... oy! the kids! They were wet sacks of blah! They had NO personality whatsoever! And I cracked up when I read this, because it's such perfect wording!
    The son, Zack seems soft and spolied And little barbie Katie was a lazy prima dona. What does she do sleep all day?
    Too funny! And yet, totally accurate! The kids seem very distant and seem to rely on their dad for their personality gauge. Like when they're at the restaurant ... when Mrs. Bowers made a couple (kinda rude, yet accurate) statements, the kids were glazed over and looked to their dad for his reaction. No reaction of their own? Geez, my kids, who are 13 and 14, woulda been all over that (in a very respectful way, I might add) But at least they'd be able to articulate their feelings and beliefs!

I like Mrs. Pilek. That lady's got an infectious laugh! Her low carb talk annoys the hell outta me, though! :rolleyes

What does Samantha do for a living?
    Umm, her makeup, hair and nails? The first thread here says "Her job as event planner and publicist allows her a flexible schedule and the extra time needed to kick box, workout and shop." Oh ... bru .... therrrr! But she can't clean her own house? Or teach her children how to be responsible for themselves, or respectful of adults? Or have a freakin' personality?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think mum Pilek is very sweet, hard to imagine her fitting into her own cold fish family.
    Yes, yes, yes! I agree!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I have to laugh about not loading the dishwasher. My mother will still not let me load her dishwasher because I "do it wrong". Now, I live on my own and have a dishwasher at my house that I use all the time and have never once broken a dish in the dishwasher. Nevertheless, if someone came into my house when I was 12-15, I wouldn't have been loading the dishwasher either...clear the table, sure, but the dishwasher was & is off-limits.

I think that the mother is okay, not as annoying as Tammy, but a bit stupid when it comes to money (Ie: Jaguars), the kids come off as spoiled brats (mainly Katie), and the father comes off as a total snob. I believe the kids are spoiled brats beecause of their environment as well as the fact that I believe their father doesn't spend much time with them (okay, maybe with Zach, but I don't know if he spends enough time with Katie).
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    Seems to me like the kind of family that talks to each other via cellphone within their own house. When they pass in the hallway, you can bet they don't say hello to one another.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

Jurek seems like a spoiled brat himself.Did you see how he snatched the bowl away when he was at the grill" I'm not finished with it yet!". True Lisa was being a pest,but he really looked like a sucka' right there. Yeah, that little girl does look like a Barbie or maybe we should refer to her as Sleeping Beauty. Ummm when they showed that all-star boy playing baseball, he was out at third base plus he's slow. Papa jurek better spend more money on a private track coach in addition to his sons private baseball coach.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast