+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If y'all can't play nice, I'll have to hand out time-outs. And we won't need a maid to do it.
    Thankyou! I've been away for a while, and reading this thread - ouch!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGirl
    I wonder if Lisa had been the "wealthy mom" and behaved exactly as she did to the "poor family", if she would have so much sympathy and so many supporters.
    Lisa sees herself as a perpetual victim, and is unable to see how she is responsible for creating the negative reactions she receives.
    Yes, the neighbors were very rude. But, Lisa defended her own rudeness to them earlier by saying "If I offend you, Oh well!"
    She sees her own rudeness as being an honest, call-it-like-I-see-it person. Almost like a badge of honor and nobility in what she sees as a sea of shallow people in need of her frankness and enlightenment. When she is faced with similar rudeness, she simply can't handle it. That certainly does not make the neighbor's behavior OK. I think they went way overboard.
    I agree with you - Lisa seems to have a major inferiority complex that she overcompensates for by being absolutely dreadful.

She compained about her family's non-farewell to her, but what sort of tone has she set in her household? She must know that she and her whole family are obese, because of the way she feeds them. Judging and attacking the Pilek family for being shallow because they take care of what they put into their bodies is a childish response.

What was that ridiculous "biting" stuff at the airport? And that silliness over the bowl she was trying to get from papa Pilek? Is she 9?

Now, I agree that the Pilek children appear not to have as many chores as many of us had, or give our children. I had to do a little picking up before our cleaning lady came, and I thought it was stupid, and once I was out on my own, I realized that I still hadn't developed a real sense of what it would be like to take care of myself and my own household. But Lisa handled it absolutely incorrectly and, more importantly, ineffectively. She seems to have walked into that household with a chip on her shoulder - "I represent 'Real Folks' with good values, and I am here to teach them to your spoiled, shallow children". Belittling, mocking and nagging are poor teaching tools. She seems to think of herself as Mother of the Year, but her family are just as dysfunctional as the PIlek's albeit in a different way.

That being said, I cannot stand Mr. Pilek. His wife has handled the Bowers family allright, apart form that painful insensitivity about fixing the car or buying a Jag. But it seems to me that she is streched to handle her own family, particularly her husband. He is scary. That her children must look to him to figure out how or when to respond to anything is very scary, and that they can't behave courteously when she is not there to tell them to shows that they do not really have good manners. Sam seems like a person with some good and genuine qualities; will she someday realize that she sold them out to be a little Strepford Wife? And Lisa does make some good observations, but I think she should put her energy into cleaning up her own house, as it were, before she tries to clean up anyone else's.

She compained about her family's non-farewell to her, but what sort of tone has she set in her household? She must know that she and her whole family are obese, because of the way she feeds them. Judging and attacking the Pilek family for being shallow because they take care of what they put into their bodies is a childish response
    Lisa doesn't cook.

Quote Originally Posted by libra4
    I agree with you - Lisa seems to have a major inferiority complex that she overcompensates for by being absolutely dreadful.

She compained about her family's non-farewell to her, but what sort of tone has she set in her household? She must know that she and her whole family are obese
    They're not just overweight because of the way they eat, but also because it's in their genes. So all in all it goes back to the parents either way.

FORT Newbie
    Samantha appears to interact well with all types of people and can make them feel at ease with themselves. Case in point, her friends. They appear to be very needy. They probably rely heavily on Sam and need her positive attitude to "counteract" their insecurities. I pity them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    They're not just overweight because of the way they eat, but also because it's in their genes. So all in all it goes back to the parents either way.
    That is very true. We wouldn't have such issues with their weight if we saw them eating a lot of vegetables and fruit and normal size portions. There are many healthy *big* people who are big just because of genes and the way their bodies are made. Unfortunately, since we saw them only eat high fat/sugary foods and extra large portions, we (or I) figure they are big from their own doing.
    As for the husband doing all of the cooking - the one thing I found was that cooking healthy is actually easier than elaborate, high fat cooking. It doesn't take much to throw skinless chicken breasts on the grill, rice in a pan and vegetables in a steamer.

I dont really like Samatha Pilek. She gets on my nerves. She is too picky but I know it is because of her lifestyle. She still gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenQueen
    I dont really like Samatha Pilek. She gets on my nerves. She is too picky but I know it is because of her lifestyle. She still gets on my nerves.

I totally agree... I understand that Samantha was great with the Bowers family, but consider this: If the Pilek family is this rude to Lisa, who taught them to be this way? Mother hen didn't teach the Pilek kids manners to begin with or else they may have been a little nicer to Lisa...

But then again, who knows what really happened since the show gets so edited.

Everything can be traced back to Lisa. Including the reason of your bad sentiment for Sam.

Look, if you understand Sam's "friendliness" and her great personality towards others then why would you still pin her against "teaching bad manners" to her own kids? In fact what bad manners from the Pileks? The dad and kids hold considerable restraint against Lisa's abrasive behaviour, I say they're civilized.

This again is another example of diverting blame.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I didn't think that the Pilek kids were that accepting of their new mommy from the beginning. Yes there were times when she got on my nerves too...but early in her stay when she just asked the kids to take stuff out of the dishwasher and put some dirty dishes in...Zach flipped like she was asking him to go to the moon and back...I don't know where they got that from but their Dad's attitude wasn't great towards their guest either..
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

+ Reply to Thread