+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Pilek Family

Quote Originally Posted by Nghe
    BTW, I don't recall the TV shows the Bowers kids do any house chore neither. That's definitely not a true reflection on the Bowers kids as I'm sure that they do help out around the house. It just TV editing. Same argument goes for the Pilek kids. Not because the TV didn't show them do anything else but playing means that they don't know how to put their clothes away neither.

Nghe
    I dont remember them doing housework either. Since Samantha was their Guest Mom, being that she doesn't do it at home normally because they have a maid, could been the reason we didnt see The Bowers Children doing housework.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGirl
    I wonder if Lisa had been the "wealthy mom" and behaved exactly as she did to the "poor family", if she would have so much sympathy and so many supporters.
    Lisa sees herself as a perpetual victim, and is unable to see how she is responsible for creating the negative reactions she receives.
    Yes, the neighbors were very rude. But, Lisa defended her own rudeness to them earlier by saying "If I offend you, Oh well!"
    She sees her own rudeness as being an honest, call-it-like-I-see-it person. Almost like a badge of honor and nobility in what she sees as a sea of shallow people in need of her frankness and enlightenment. When she is faced with similar rudeness, she simply can't handle it. That certainly does not make the neighbor's behavior OK. I think they went way overboard.
    Well I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly don't excuse Lisa's behavior. Lisa was bad in one way and the Pileks were bad in another. What would it have hurt them to extend some kindness toward a guest in their home? Neither side tried. Lisa came in being her overbearing self, and the Pileks snubbed her. Plain and simple.

Now while I don't excuse her behavior, I probably do give Lisa more of a pass since she was out of her element... at least she has that excuse. (And yes I know she acts that way at home, but it's still different when you're away.) The rest of them were in their own home, with their own things, and had access to family and friends. Lisa didn't have any of this. She was completely alienated and didn't have anyone to talk to.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I agree with you Realityluver. I dont condone how Lisa was loud and being bossy to the Pileks, but they were just as nasty to her from the start. Both are to blame for that. Lisa was a Guest Mom in their home. No matter how she behaved, they knew that she was going to be just like she was at home. Maybe they didnt know she was so demanding, bossy, obnoxious, etc.. whatever else you want to use here, but the point of this show is to see how you would live with someone elses Mom. Even if Lisa would had softened up and been a little nicer, I really don't think that would had made any differences. These children and husband really didnt want to participate in the show. Lisa yelling about Katie singing and stand up and sing from your heart, and her coaching Zach in the batting cage was way out of line, but I think she did all this because it stemmed from the night before on the boat, where she was ignored, talked about, laughed at and just plain done wrong. Two wrongs dont make a right. They were just as nasty to her on that boat as she was to them all week on the show. I do hope Lisa and her family go and get some family counseling. It wouldnt hurt the Pilek children and husband to do the same. Samantha is great just the way she is.. very positive outlook on everything. I honestly don't know how she hangs out with the bimbos from the boat though. I just cant see Samantha behaving like they did.

FORT Newbie
    I think the way Lisa heckles, yells at and generally acts towards the Pilek kids and her own kids heavily borders on child abuse. Emotional and mental abuse can be very damaging to a child's self esteem, self confidence and general well being. Coupled with a consistent unhealthy diet, nothing positive can be gained by the combination of it all.
    Last edited by netsurfer; 08-12-2004 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeGirl
    I wonder if Lisa had been the "wealthy mom" and behaved exactly as she did to the "poor family", if she would have so much sympathy and so many supporters.
    See Trading Spouses 1. Watch for Tammy Nakamura :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by netsurfer
    I think the way Lisa heckles, yells at and generally acts towards the Pilek kids and her own kids heavily borders on child abuse. Emotional and mental abuse can be very damaging to a child's self esteem, self confidence and general well being. Coupled with a consistent unhealthy diet, nothing positive can be gained by the combination of it all.
    That is why I said I hate her. I've seen kids in depression because of "moms" like her

FORT Regular
    Oh my gosh. Amen to that, decan. My younger cousin (with the Mother like Lisa) has suffered so brutally at hands of her Mother. She was not the favorite child, which made it even worse.

Even as her niece, I suffered at the hands of this Lisa-like behavior... but my cousins, especially the girl, got the brunt of it.

Lisa really needs to get some kind of help. Her husband seems sooooo unhappy too. Just like the children. And she seems either clueless that anything is wrong or glad for any kind of attention that she gets.

In the first episode, Lisa didn't bug me as much... after I read the recap through a fresh perspective, I realized why. Initially, because of my aunt, her behavior seemed "normal" to me. Funny how the emotional crud can stick, eh? She is incredibly emotional abusive to her children and her husband.

To be honest, I think that the Pileks shut down because they didn't know what else to do.
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

I live about a mile and a half away from the Pilek's. There was an article about them in the paper today. It said that before they went on the show, they all had to have medical tests, a PI looked into their pasts, and they had to see a shrink. The article also said that they had guards in the garage 24 hours a day and they filmed from 8am to 10pm every day. Their cell phones were also taken away and were not allowed to contact anyone.

Zach said "Lisa bossed us around. She was mean and rude to the neighbors."

LOL!!!!!!!! WHEN was LISA mean to the neighbors? It was the other way around.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Many comments removed

Please keep you comments directed at the events on the televised show.
    Also read our FAQ re not attacking other members for their opinions.

Continue

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    Another comment on the issue of the maid....I have both HAD a maid and BEEN a maid in my lifetime (although we generally call them "housekeepers) and I never did any of my client's laundry OR dishes or wanted my housekeeper to do mine. I would have done them if they had wanted me to, but noone ever did and I personally didn't want to pay someone to do those kinds of things for me....I wanted the housecleaning done (sweep mop vacuum dust clean bathrooms etc) and I wanted the housekeeper to be able to clean as swiftly and efficiently as possible, so the night before she was due I would yell at my kids to tidy up so she didn't have to waste valuable cleaning time shuffling 50 pounds of toys back and forth. So I didn't think it was out of line for Lisa to ask the Pilek kids to unload the dishwasher and fold the laundry even though they "had a maid". BUT the way she went about it, barking out orders, was absolutly wrong. A very unpleasant, abrasive woman....
    Cake or Death?

+ Reply to Thread