+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I thought the money was well spent by both sides. But don't you think that Mela could have put a little more thought in what she did with the money.

I love the Biggins kids reaction when Mela mistakenly said that Tammy left them $5,000 each. They were so happy, and then let down.

Regarding the down payment on a new house, doesn't that kind of force the Biggins to buy a new house?
    Yes, and it was horrible presumptive of Tammy, unless there was some scene not shown where Poor Daddy told her they were planning on a new house some day.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

[QUOTE=AIWANNABE]But don't you think that Mela could have put a little more thought in what she did with the money. [QUOTE]

JMHO, but . . .

To me, just from what I personally saw, Mela having to put thought into what she chose to do with the Nakamura money is kind of like saying that if you're on fire, you'd feel a wee bit warm.

Mela giving the money to Nana was the obvious, patently clear choice, I think.

Tammy's comment about Nana knowing her "place". Nana doing all the cooking. Yuki telling his mother "Fix Mela something to eat," before he left to go to work, with the same type of cold tone I'd expect from someone ordering a hardworking waiter about in a restaurant. He didn't even ask her to do it, or if she'd do it. He basically ORDERED her to do it.

The way I viewed these and other occurrences and statements on the show, Nana was the one who --- at 72 years of age --- is the real rock of the Nakamura household, the one who does the work, the one who should have been celebrated and had appreciation shown to her all along.

Which her own family never really seemed to do.

In my mind, Mela was just taking care of what she viewed as an obvious oversight. No thinking or ruminating required.

And this thought DID cross my mind about the Nakamuras:

When Nana finally dies, they're gonna be up crap creek without a paddle.

But then, perhaps they won't.

After all, Yuki can just go out and buy Tammy another galley slave, can't he?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I was really confused when Tammy said "50,000 isn't a lot for you or me." I was like Who is she talking to? Cus trust me 50.000 is a lot for me. Does Tammy think everyone is rich? Either your rich or your a Biggens?
    Exactly! My husband and I looked at each other in disbelief. Just because she's rich, she assumes that we all have that much money? I may be in the minority here, but I think $50,000 is a pretty big chunk-o-change!

During the parties, all I could think is that Tammy's friends were probably going to go home and talk about how Mela was sooooo much more fun than Tammy. I'd much rather be friends with Mela any day.

Tammy surprised me when she seemed so calm and okay with the way Mela used the $$$. Imagine my surprise when snotty Tammy gave her little "tax bracket" speech at the end of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Mela giving the money to Nana was the obvious, patently clear choice, I think.

Tammy's comment about Nana knowing her "place". Nana doing all the cooking. Yuki telling his mother "Fix Mela something to eat," before he left to go to work, with the same type of cold tone I'd expect from someone ordering a hardworking waiter about in a restaurant. He didn't even ask her to do it, or if she'd do it. He basically ORDERED her to do it.

The way I viewed these and other occurrences and statements on the show, Nana was the one who --- at 72 years of age --- is the real rock of the Nakamura household, the one who does the work, the one who should have been celebrated and had appreciation shown to her all along.

Which her own family never really seemed to do.

In my mind, Mela was just taking care of what she viewed as an obvious oversight. No thinking or ruminating required.

And this thought DID cross my mind about the Nakamuras:

When Nana finally dies, they're gonna be up crap creek without a paddle.

But then, perhaps they won't.

After all, Yuki can just go out and buy Tammy another galley slave, can't he?
    For me the key to seeing that this wasn't just "reality show editing" as Tammy will tell everyone it is lies in the things that surround her more than whatever stupid, ignorant or crude things she says or does herself. Her daughter is obviously a happy soul and seems to love her, but even SHE showed a distinct understanding that Mela was more accessible than her Mom. And the son, of course, made it crystal clear that something was missing from his mom-relationship. THEN if you observe the behaviors of Yuki and Nana respectively you can begin to see the pattern. Probably Tammy did or said some mitigating things not shown... but you know what? There's no way it counterbalances what we DID hear.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Mela = Spiteful
    how so?? She gave money to a woman who is being treated like an indentured servant...can you NOT see that??

$50k is chump change to these people...no one but Nana deserved it.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    The problem with Mela's choice to give all the money to Nana , is that the rest of Nakamuras (particularly the kids) probably thought Mela was mad at them or something. I know if I was kid I'd be confused and see it that way.
    Even though those kids grow up in a nice lifestyle, theyre still kids and dont have their own power yet.
    It would of been nice to give small amount to them.
    Also I'm sure Yuki would like to kill Mela because he probably felt she was disrespecting his care of his own mother.
    My family is almost half Asian and respect is HUGE in our family.
    Care of the elderly is paramount. And all the elderly people are very sweet acting, but have an iron will hiding behind their nice ways.
    \

I'm half Asian as well and I totally disagree with you. The mother in Asian culture IS supposed to take care of her eldest or only son BUT...he too is supposed to take care of her. Yes, Yuki takes care of her, but hello! He treats her like an indentured servant like Tammie does...remember the whole "Fix Nico lunch" bit?? How about "Can you please make some lunch for Nico", he was demanding, NOT asking.

HUGE difference there.

Who cares if the Nakamuras were pissed, they have the money, and the twist was left up to the producers...let it be. I think Mela did the right thing. however, if she had just given the money straight up to Nana, you KNOW Nana would have given it to the kids. It won't surprise me if she allows Natalia to have that car Mela said to get.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Mela could had donated the money to her favorite charity in the Nakamuras name. I think she did the right thing giving it to Nana.. Nana deserved it. I think Tammy did good with alloting the money to the needs of the Biggins Family, and even they seemed happy with her decision.

Tammy almost made me think she wasn't half bad with her decisions for the Biggins Family....... then she made her now infamous "....... well at least Nana will be taxed on this money and not us cuz she's in a much different bracket than us....." speech. I personally don't care about editting when it came to that sentence. She said it, period. And it does show who she is.

I also agree with how each "mom" allocated the money.
    But don't you think that Mela could have put a little more thought in what she did with the money.
    I truly don't think that anything would have been good enough. As has been mentioned by Tammy herself 50K to them isn't life altering. It's like the age old question.... What do you buy someone who has everything? That is literally the case here.

So, I missed the 2nd half and came here to find out how it played out tonight. I got that Nana got the Nakamura cash, but how did Tammy divvy up the Biggins' wad?

X.
    Dictum ad tua mater.

O-----Kay well just finished watching the show and I have concluded that everything that is coming out of that Tammy's mouth is Evil! Pure Evil!

There is NOT a word out of that woman's mouth that is sincere, dignified, modest or polite!

I swear to god if I hear one more "charlie horse" or so and so "are responsive to me", I'm going to ring the neck of somebody! Jesus!

Why is she so rude? Why? Why does she say the most asinine thing you can say to folks who are different from you? I mean why do the Biggins need "saving"? From what? Well, saving themselves from YOU Tammy perhaps but other than that I don't see how the Biggins family needs to be saved! What about the stupid poem or short "fictional" story she was reading at the dinner table.... it's obviously fictional since her emotions from reading that bull*** is 'fictional' as well, not to mention those 'fictional' tears coming out of her evil eyes.... the response from the Biggins is perfect, anything other than continuing to enjoy the meal, eating and chewing the food and burbing when necessary is an insult to people's intelligence..... Does she really think people will drop everything and listen to that bull***?

Oh and don't forget the Cuntree Music! I mean WTF was up with that? That was wacked to the nth degree! I must admit tho that was one the funnist things on TV history! I couldn't stop laughing at how miserable those poor folks were at the party and can't say nothing about it. I mean talk about a lame party.

There are countless other scenes on Tammy that I would love to protest but that's all I can think of for now. Let you guys talk about her among yourselves I'm sure many of you have lots to say about that woman.

+ Reply to Thread