+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was really confused when Tammy said "50,000 isn't a lot for you or me." I was like Who is she talking to? Cus trust me 50.000 is a lot for me. Does Tammy think everyone is rich? Either your rich or your a Biggens?

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate

The Nakamura family look none too pleased ... ahh, happy ending.
    The problem with Mela's choice to give all the money to Nana , is that the rest of Nakamuras (particularly the kids) probably thought Mela was mad at them or something. I know if I was kid I'd be confused and see it that way.
    Even though those kids grow up in a nice lifestyle, theyre still kids and dont have their own power yet.
    It would of been nice to give small amount to them.
    Also I'm sure Yuki would like to kill Mela because he probably felt she was disrespecting his care of his own mother.
    My family is almost half Asian and respect is HUGE in our family.
    Care of the elderly is paramount. And all the elderly people are very sweet acting, but have an iron will hiding behind their nice ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Sorry, everybody, but I'm willing to bet that anything they learned about treating people with kindness and courtesy came from Nana, NOT Tammy. Not in a million years.
    I agree with that. IMO Nana is a good woman and I was glad to see her get the money.

I loved it. Everything with Tammy was " I, Me and My"; Sorry, I thought she was much too self absorbed to make a good parent. And how much thought did it really take to realize the Biggin's family needed to pay bills and buy a new home? I don't think she was necessarily thoughtful; it was evident what they needed the money for - all poor folk need to pay the bills.

And I thought it was wonderful of Mela to give Nana the money and the trip home.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

Mela said the whole $50,000 is to go to granny
    Go Mela. I am glad Nana got it...she deserves it more than they need a stupid boat.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    The problem with Mela's choice to give all the money to Nana , is that the rest of Nakamuras (particularly the kids) probably thought Mela was mad at them or something. I know if I was kid I'd be confused and see it that way.
    Even though those kids grow up in a nice lifestyle, theyre still kids and dont have their own power yet.
    It would of been nice to give small amount to them.
    Also I'm sure Yuki would like to kill Mela because he probably felt she was disrespecting his care of his own mother.
    Care of the elderly is paramount. And all the elderly people are very sweet acting, but have an iron will hiding behind their nice ways.

Yeah, I thought the kids just looked kinda blank when Tammy read Mela's decision. But... they're good kids... surprisingly good kids. I can't imagine them being displeased with the decision. More surprised. Possibly confused, like you said.

But, in a good way! This will make them think about why Mela chose to award the entire amount to Nana. Already, the little amount of work that Mela made them do to prepare for the party probably made them consider... hey, wow, these chores are tiring and take up time! I can't believe Nana has to do this kind of thing *every* *day*!

The last thing these kids need more of is more money, more care! Sometimes giving someone "nothing" is the best thing you can do for them... it's really a perfect decision on the part of Mela, imo. That family's priorities need a little readjusting: it's so valuable for the kids to look at Nana as a whole person who also has her own needs and desires. It's all so good for them.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    She couldn't resist looking on the Internet to see what others said about her after the first episode, and the public wasn't kind.
    Wonder if she's been lurking here...

It was great Hideko got the money. Its nice that she does alot of stuff for her family but she should also be shown respect for it. Mela made a wonderful choice, a trip to Japan is good for the whole family. Maybe that could be a new reality show "Tammy in Japan on 50 Grand" I wonder if she even knows any Japanese. While she was at the Biggins, I was amazed when Tammy was having a beer and watching tv while the family had to clean the yard, what was up with that? Tammy was really obnoxious in every scene but she did do well in her distributing of the money for the Biggins, I think. I was a little surprised that she did put alot of thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Yeah, but maybe it's a bit too Western of me... but he doesn't seem to respect his mother much if he allows her to be an indentured servant to his wife at 72 years of age. Yuki deserved that slap in the face if in fact that's what Mela did.

The day after the premiere, Mrs. Nakamura sounds shaken and upset. She couldn't resist looking on the Internet to see what others said about her after the first episode, and the public wasn't kind.
    Cry me a river, Tammy. While it's certainly true that you WERE edited to highlight you worst qualities, it wasn't taken in a vacuum. I'd bet you DID do some yardwork, but you DID also do the stuff they showed. And what was most telling was reactions which happened AROUND you--not your own reactions. Those are harder to fake. Nana and "her place"... that really happened. The subtle condecension... that really happened. The attitude that you were "supervising" in the Biggins house--even BEFORE the producers told you to shake things up in the second show--that happened. It's only that things have been tied together in a neat but slightly distorted bow.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-27-2004 at 11:28 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I thought the money was well spent by both sides. But don't you think that Mela could have put a little more thought in what she did with the money.

I love the Biggins kids reaction when Mela mistakenly said that Tammy left them $5,000 each. They were so happy, and then let down.

Regarding the down payment on a new house, doesn't that kind of force the Biggins to buy a new house?

+ Reply to Thread