+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I agree.
    I think she did avery good job of allocating the money.
    It seems kind of control freakish in that she really told them certain things that even personal money she allocated had to be spent partially on, but I still think she identified the needs within the house well.
    And fluff, I agree with you.

I still do not like Tammy, but I'm gonna have to give her props for how she allocated the money, based on the reality of the Biggins household.

As for Mela . . .

In my book, she STILL rocks. Thinking of Nana, when nobody else in that "household" seems to . . . well, as far as I'm concerned, I think she identified the needs within the Nakamura house well, too.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Tammy's Fan Count: 1.
    The thing is some may see the final minutes of the show and forgive her for her flaws. But really... did we expect her to put them all on expensive weight-loss programs or something? She made conservative obvious choices for the money--no more, no less. She doesn't deserve respect... just a short lapse in the disgust.

And the editors again (rightfully) zinged her at the end. We see what her priorities really are.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    haha! nana gets the money! i love it!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Lord. Tammy's final disgusting tax bracket comment about Nana puts her right back in monster category.

Yo, Krom . . .

I'm witcha . . .

I'm cool with how Tammy allocated the Biggins' money, but as far as I'm concerned, she never got out of Monster Category, IMHO, even with that.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Okay-- overall impression: what a great show! I think Tammy is... lazy, unfocused, bossy-- but, with good intentions. She seems to really believe in her role as "savior" or whatnot... she's just really not self-aware. But judging on how she chose to spend the money, she's not a bad person. The family (at the end especially) really weren't very welcoming to her at all (understandably).. yet she still chose to spend their money responsibly, which shows some, dare I say, class?

OTOH, I thought Yuki showed his true colors when he put his foot down about having guests bringing their own food. He started off kind of bland for me and I couldn't get ahold of any aspects about his character... but then it just got worse. I was like... damn... of all the things to get your shorts knotted up over. I just didn't get it-- he wasn't going to have to take part in any of the cooking or anything-- why is he objecting so much to letting her have her way just this once ? The second time he showed his royal ...tchiness: when the guests started arriving and there was (understandable) tension, but Yuki did nothing to help diffuse it with introductions or simply a few warm comments. Furthermore, when the party was underway and Mela was still nervous & in the kitchen, he didn't even bother coming in and inviting her out! Wow.. either he's being petty because he's still mad at her for imposing her rules on how the party was going to be run, or else... he's just a cold-hearted, selfish person looking out for his own best interest.

This sounds bad.. but I think Mela related to Nana in part because of how Nana is treated by her family & also by her family's friends. While I'm sure Nana is loved by her family, they also reduce her to a servile role... almost like a minority role-- seen but not heard... They shared something special and *real*... and it was brought about via *reality TV*! Wow.. that is something else, right there. In the end, when Mela was talking about how $100,000 doesn't compare to the blessing of meeting such a wonderful person-- I felt her sincerity and it was so touching!

The Nakamura family look none too pleased ... ahh, happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by divaexpatriate
    I think Mela related to Nana in part because of how Nana is treated by her family & also by her family's friends. While I'm sure Nana is loved by her family, they also reduce her to a servile role... almost like a minority role-- seen but not heard... They shared something special and *real*... and it was brought about via *reality TV*! Wow.. that is something else, right there. In the end, when Mela was talking about how $100,000 doesn't compare to the blessing of meeting such a wonderful person-- I felt her sincerity and it was so touching!

The Nakamura family look none too pleased ... ahh, happy ending.

I'm a little pissed at Mela. Yeah, she did what she thought was a good thing, but Tammy actually put some thought into her expenses.

And Tammy REALLY pissed me off when she was spouting about the good thing about Nana getting the money... I hope her hubby's watching, realizes what an inconsiderate beyotch she is, and dumps her ass quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Mela wants to help Nana escape ala the Underground Railroad

Oh lord...

(Hallelujah!)

Next week sounds cool. I'll be watching--this has got me hooked now--at least as long as they find at least one dysfunctional delusional mom or dad per show.
    So I guess that's how fox picked the moms.
    The show is basically good mom, bad mom each time.

And I think I'll like ABC's trading spouses show in the fall better, because there won't be a prize involved.
    Better without ulterior motives.

Tammy does the subtle condecension thing to Mela very effectively. You have to listen closely to hear it, but it's there in how she talks about the kids.

Yuki misses Tammy's anal nature. Mr. B seems to just plain miss his wife. Yup, that encapsulates the difference well.

To give Tammy ONE thing, her daughter really seems to have missed her a hell of a lot. But maybe that says more about the kid than her.
    Very well put. Yeah, Tammy did condescend-- "kids will be kids".. and the reference to having the larger home so she doesn't have to see them or whatever (in jest) kind of made me wince a little as well. The double message there being that she thinks they're awful kids and also that they have a small, claustrophobic house. Nice how she managed to squeeze both things in there.. heh.

I thought Mr. B's love for his wife was so sweet-- it was just so honest.. almost like that of a young first love. Yuki, otoh, seemed to remain pretty cool & calm... I'm sure he was glad to have his wife back; but it's interesting the way he worded it-- "I miss her organized presence" or some such. Tammy & Yuki seem to use each other. Meh.

+ Reply to Thread