+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The story....*groan* oh I would have lost my dinner.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Mela wants to help Nana escape ala the Underground Railroad

Tammy is a hero! Do you hear her actually claiming that?

I am no longer amused by this woman. I'm furious at her.

Mela acts like a real lady when she says goodbye. Tammy tries to manipulate the kids into saying nice things about her in the future.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by reality77
    lol that was so funny when Tammy said how there wasn't much difference between that party than all the other parties she's thrown, and the one Mela threw seemed to be much more fun than Tammy's. It looked almost painful to be at the Party Tammy threw. It was hilarious.
    Tammy and Yuki's friends were very warm towards Mela.
    Sorry but if Tammy and Yuki were horrible they wouldnt have such gregarious people hanging out at the party.
    I kind of feel bad for the Nakamura's kids and hope their classmates don't make fun of them over their mother been skewered when they get back to school.

Nana's the gem of the show. Such a sweet lady.

OK . . .

I was hoping/thinking that maybe Yuki was OK . . .

As far as I'm concerned, he and Tammy deserve each other.

As for Nana, Natalia and Nico . . .

The old saying is true: You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives.

As for just hearing Tammy say: "I wanna know if my children acted the way I taught them to act . . . I want to know that they welcomed her."

Sorry, everybody, but I'm willing to bet that anything they learned about treating people with kindness and courtesy came from Nana, NOT Tammy. Not in a million years.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Often times I find the tone of Tammy's voice to be annoying. It's like she thinks she knows all things, and it really comes across as being really full of herself. I know they could be editing parts of it, but still if she told the kids not to watch tv, and then goes and does it herself that's the opposite of "leading by example."

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Tammy and Yuki's friends were very warm towards Mela.
    Sorry but if Tammy and Yuki were horrible they wouldnt have such gregarious people hanging out at the party.
    I don't agree. I'll admit that the editors have DEFINITELY keyed into Tammy in a way that will make her look foolish. But really... most of the worst of what we are seeing is coming STRAIGHT from her mouth. All editing can do here is change timelines (like maybe she DID do some yardwork and it wasn't shown).

The Nakamura kids will be fine. They already know their mom is a b@tch. They have Nana as a steady emotional base, I think, and sometimes attitudes skip generations.

The difference between these women is highlit so well.

So Mela is about to get the shock of her life when she meets the monsterous b@tch who has been staying with her family. Tammy will think Mela is "amusing", at least until she winds up saying something disparaging about what Mela did with "her" money.

Tammy does the subtle condecension thing to Mela very effectively. You have to listen closely to hear it, but it's there in how she talks about the kids.

Yuki misses Tammy's anal nature. Mr. B seems to just plain miss his wife. Yup, that encapsulates the difference well.

To give Tammy ONE thing, her daughter really seems to have missed her a hell of a lot. But maybe that says more about the kid than her.

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    okay yuki is on drugs! "tammy is the missing part of the puzzle" my butt!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

+ Reply to Thread