+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Episode 1 Recap - What In The Hell Is Positivism?

I missed the beginning so the recap was great. Thanks.

I can't believe how deluded that Tammy is about herself, especially when everyone in her family seems so much more normal. I can't believe that nana waits on her hand and foot, when she does nothing all day (including playing with her own children).

Oy... this Tammy is brutal to watch! I hope when she sees herself on television she feels at least a tinge of guilt about the way she acts. And I was cracking up each time she said "positivism"... my GOD.

I knew at the beginning of the episode when she said "I don't care if I'm talking to the president of the United States or the trash man, it's all the same to me..." that we were in trouble. People who have to advertise their "down-to-earthness" ... well, I'm just not buyin' it.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I caught the show last night and I enjoyed it.

Except for Tammy.

WOW! What nerve!!!! I believe that I was counting on the second hand the amount of times her new family should have told her to shut up (and of course, told her worse things too).

So, OK, even with Tammy I'm hooked, I think.

congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsteph
    Great ReCap! Thanks for the refresher on how bad the blonde is.

What is she goning to make th biggins spend the cash on? Thats a big chunck of change to spend on the Atkins diet!

Just wanted to say congrats on the twins Calsteph....how exciting!!! Get ALOT of sleep now when you're able.
    FP

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    Oy... this Tammy is brutal to watch! I hope when she sees herself on television she feels at least a tinge of guilt about the way she acts. And I was cracking up each time she said "positivism"... my GOD.

I knew at the beginning of the episode when she said "I don't care if I'm talking to the president of the United States or the trash man, it's all the same to me..." that we were in trouble. People who have to advertise their "down-to-earthness" ... well, I'm just not buyin' it.
    I thought exactly the same thing...as she as she had to proclaim what a great communicator she was, you knew she was deluding herself...but not anyone else.

Very cool about the twins...identical or fraternal?

thanks fairyprincess! They are our first (and second).

I'm with you, Hempychick. The way I see it, Tammy had a choice. After all, she was a truck driver before she hit the mother lode by marrying that cosmetic surgeon. She could have been gracious and fit right in with the Biggins family, putting everyone at ease. But, no. She chose to act superior and make everyone uncomfortable because of her lavish lifestyle. Class? She has none.

Quote Originally Posted by ethereal
    She chose to act superior and make everyone uncomfortable because of her lavish lifestyle. Class? She has none.

You can't buy class;unless your on a train,plane or boat. Tammi is basically nothing more then 'coach' trying to act first class,but no one is fooled.

sher... I read the cap a while back and loved it. Last night I watched the show, reread the recap and loved it more! The entire recap was Absolutely brilliant Sher, but the paragraph where Tammy met Anthony...priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Sher
    She sees him waiting and immediately believes him to be one of the camera crew since according to her, “He looks just like them.” In the world in which Tammy lives, apparently all black men are members of some type of camera crew. When she finally realizes that Anthony is her ride to her new home, she proclaims that she is SO excited that she is going to be staying with a family of another race since she has many friends of other races. I don't believe her, but apparently this makes her an expert.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I appreciated Sher's recap even more after finally seeing the ep this week. That paragraph, like the rest of the cap, is dead on target!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234