+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

The Nakamura Family.

From the official site:

The Nakamuras are an active, on-the-go family from Colleyville, TX who love adventure and excitement. They are always searching for their next adventure, and it's this search that landed them on a reality television show - their biggest adventure yet!

Yuki Nakamura, the father and thrill-seeker of the family, is a successful cosmetic surgeon. He also enjoys kite boarding, snowboarding, golfing and bungee jumping. Yuki relocated to America from Japan at a young age. He taught himself English and put himself through college. He is truly a self-made man who enjoys the luxuries with which his hard work has rewarded him.

Yuki relied upon his mother, Hideko, for guidance and moral support during his trying times, and quickly moved her into the Nakamura home when his business began to thrive. Grandmother Hideko cooks all the meals for the family, using traditional Japanese recipes and ingredients. She is well-known and well-loved by the neighbors and all the kids' friends.

Tammy, the Nakamura Mom, a former truck driver from Kentucky, is a strong-willed and determined blonde who co-owns a car wash with her best friend. Her friends and neighbors can always count on Tammy to throw a great party - she is the consummate entertainer, and throws elaborate gatherings at the expansive Nakamura mansion. *Tammy was working at a restaurant when she met Yuki. After dating him for a short time, Tammy asked Yuki to marry her. Years later, they are still in love and have two children, Natalia and Nico.

Natalia Nakamura is a typical 15-year-old. She loves dance and music and is passionate about cheerleading - *she even takes private tumbling lessons at her home to give her a competitive edge. She loves music and movies, shopping and the phone, and spending time with her friends.

Younger brother Nico rounds out the family with his quirky sense of humor and love of video games. Nico has an endearing, inquisitive nature - he loves to ask questions about whatever topic is being discussed and be included in the conversation.

Together, the Nakamura family likes to spend time at their nearby lake house. When they find the time, they boat, water-ski, and barbeque, often with friends and their lake house neighbors. While at the lake house, Natalia will break away to read under a shady tree, while Yuki will rig up the boat for a daring stunt! Tammy, of course, will keep things organized while Nico helps Hideko prepare the food. *
    "That's Numberwang!"

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Tammy was a truck driver? Well...she's certainly no Sue Hawk now.

I thought women who were that spoiled were raised that way.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

I got a different impression, Bama. Like she's overcompensating now to make up for her less glamourous past.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Maybe that's it...but my God...there's overcompensating and then there's overcompensating.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well, by the way she was acting last night... if she was a trucker and worked in a restaurant...she should have the "street smarts" to at least know that she SHOULDN'T act so damned pampered/pompous at the other families house.
    Telling him, "It should take you about an hour to get it"..re; coffee and Dad driving to get it.
    Sitting there READING the newspaper while the kids cooked and cleaned.
    Bitching and moaning so terribly about food and what she wants.

Just about everything she did was IMO rude.

I mean..comeon.. while you're at the water park, it's not appropriate to talk about the child's carb intake. No couth (sp?).

She really bothered me. Did anyone else notice her constantly talking to the cameramen?? Asking for coffee, having lil snarky comments under her breath toward the cameraman..
    I really don't think this was editing either.

ETA: I forgot to talk about the family.

The grandma (Hideko): She's simply ADORABLE!! 72 and in such damn good shape..good for her!! I'm absolutely LOVING how she's becoming so close to the other mother.. she honestly brought tears to my eyes. I don't like how they treat her as if she's the hired hand though.. maybe the more we see, it'll not seem that way. Either way.. it seems to all work well to have her do everything.

The Dad (Yuki): He's cute. I'm glad he's super concerned with making the other mother comfortable. Although I don't like how he barked the order for his mother to cook her a lunch... I thought it was nice that he is concerned about her.

Daughter (Natalia): At first I thought.. Uh oh.. she's a cellphone wild child. But once she got home from the camp, she was a delight!! Very nice and considerate.

Son (Nico): He's a cutie patootie!!! Too bad his mom doesn't do puzzles with him. :nono By the sounds of it, he spends all his time alone. His attention span seems to drift.
    I'm going to say what we thought in our house while watching..and it's just what we all observed.. he seems "slow". I wonder if he is... True or not.. I like him, I think he's super cute!
    Last edited by Maveno; 07-21-2004 at 05:17 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I feel sorry for her children, it's painfully obvious that she's too busy worrying about her hair or herself rather than them.

All I can say is...POSITIVISM!!!

What a tool!
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

IMHO . . .

Nana, the kids and Dad (at least for now) rock . . .

The mom?

In one word: BITCH.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Tammy is a classic gold-digger if I ever saw one!

I have no idea why with the intelligence of Mr Nakamura's calibure he would decide to marry someone like Tammy- I can only come up with the reason of poor judgement due to an excess of alcohol consumption on engagement day....

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    I feel sorry for her children, it's painfully obvious that she's too busy worrying about her hair or herself rather than them.

All I can say is...POSITIVISM!!!

What a tool!
    I KNOW! What bothers/ annoys me (and I'm not so easily annoyed) is the attitude and outright lack of intelligence and disrepect to your fellow human being, let alone your adopted family for the duration of the show..... I mean what right does she have to judge the Biggins, especially the kids? What positivism? That's absolutely bull****

Forget about her own kids. She thinks she's some sort of VIP living in some fancy 5-star hotel, well, instead of a hotel she is living in a modest house call Biggins..... and she expects the Biggins kids to serve her? to cook for her? to attend to her every need without even to say a little thank you or appreciation? To me those kids (and I'm sorry to say this but I'm shooting like it is) are like slaves! And what's more ridiculous is they are slaves at their OWN house!

Well, Tammy, if you can't cook the food yourself... it wouldn't kill you if you go hungry by skipping a couple of lunches would you? And what's wrong with your FAT ass (yes your ass is fat) going out to get the coffee and food yourself?

The arrogance and smug on that woman is oozing out of her body like some radioactive experiment gone bad!

And talk about bad! We don't even need to wait for the "game" to start to know how BAD her personality is..... and I don't mean the good Bad, I mean the Bad Bad! Remember the first encounter between her and Mr Biggins? That's right, it's a black man! Deal with it woman!

And I just love the way how she explains *ahem* spins it by saying she thought he was one of the crew..... :rolleyes Geez Louis! You would think she at least tries to be nice knowing full well she's on national tv.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I agree with all of it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast