+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing that, Realitylover! Interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Uh, she's 15, buddy. I'm sure you can find some on www.imapedophile.com
    The guy who posted could be 15 as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    What is with all this truck driver/oriental/southern stereotyping being done is this thread? I haven't read this many prejudiced remarks since I don't know when. Chill out people.
    Blame Tammy I'm serious!

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    Blame Tammy I'm serious!

Decan......I'm afraid you're right......my first thought, when I read Unklescott's statement was.......but we all hate Mizz Tammy......... Oh well........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Tammy was a truckdriver for a whopping ONE year...blame her being a turd of a person on something else, okay? I agree with the poster who said that Yuki's treatment of Nana is a personal defect, not cultural.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Tammy was a truckdriver for a whopping ONE year...blame her being a turd of a person on something else, okay? I agree with the poster who said that Yuki's treatment of Nana is a personal defect, not cultural.
    I concur!

Here's the deal. I'm not about to defend Tammy. :nono IMO the woman is weird. However I have friends who are truck drivers. They are not tobacco chewing ignorant people. Most of them are financially secure individuals who operate a very successful owner/operator trucking business. With all of the government regulations, etc. they are forced to comply with it's a wonder they are able to succeed.
    As far as being a waitress
    Definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed! What else would you expect from a truckdriver/truckstop waitress?
    I'm highly offended by this. My mother raised 5 kids by herself as a waitress after my father passed away in 1959. So what do I expect from a truckdriver/truckstop waitress? I just expect people to make judgments on a persons character/ethics/morals based on that individual person...not their heritage/career/socioeconomic standing.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 07-29-2004 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Here's the deal. I'm not about to defend Tammy. :nono IMO the woman is weird. However I have friends who are truck drivers. They are not tobacco chewing ignorant people. Most of them are financially secure individuals who operate a very successful owner/operator trucking business. With all of the government regulations, etc. they are forced to comply with it's a wonder they are able to succeed.
    As far as being a waitress I'm highly offended by this. My mother raised 5 kids by herself as a waitress after my father passed away in 1959. So what do I expect from a truckdriver/truckstop waitress? I just expect people to make judgments on a persons character/ethics/morals based on that individual person...not their heritage/career/socioeconomic standing.

I'm sure Mizz Tammy just gives a bad name to truck drivers and truckstop waitresses....IMO. Hell.........she could even give a bad name to TPT with her representation on this show!!!! And it is just not fair. As a person who knows, I think truck drivers are ALL THAT, and waitresses are superb people gracefully putting up with all of our our c-r-a-p!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can't see these 2 families being as "tight" as they're claiming they're going to be.

Mrs Biggins and Nana maybe, but not the families. Seriously.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    I'm sure Mizz Tammy just gives a bad name to truck drivers and truckstop waitresses....IMO. Hell.........she could even give a bad name to TPT with her representation on this show!!!! And it is just not fair. As a person who knows, I think truck drivers are ALL THAT, and waitresses are superb people gracefully putting up with all of our our c-r-a-p!!!
    Tammy gives a bad name only to Tammy, and that's the point Unk is making, if I read him right. To paint a broader stroke is not only incorrect, but liable to piss off people in the professions or groups you try to paint with that brush.

+ Reply to Thread