+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    I KNOW! What bothers/ annoys me (and I'm not so easily annoyed) is the attitude and outright lack of intelligence and disrepect to your fellow human being, let alone your adopted family for the duration of the show..... I mean what right does she have to judge the Biggins, especially the kids? What positivism? That's absolutely bull****

Forget about her own kids. She thinks she's some sort of VIP living in some fancy 5-star hotel, well, instead of a hotel she is living in a modest house call Biggins..... and she expects the Biggins kids to serve her? to cook for her? to attend to her every need without even to say a little thank you or appreciation? To me those kids (and I'm sorry to say this but I'm shooting like it is) are like slaves! And what's more ridiculous is they are slaves at their OWN house!

Well, Tammy, if you can't cook the food yourself... it wouldn't kill you if you go hungry by skipping a couple of lunches would you? And what's wrong with your FAT ass (yes your ass is fat) going out to get the coffee and food yourself?

The arrogance and smug on that woman is oozing out of her body like some radioactive experiment gone bad!

And talk about bad! We don't even need to wait for the "game" to start to know how BAD her personality is..... and I don't mean the good Bad, I mean the Bad Bad! Remember the first encounter between her and Mr Biggins? That's right, it's a black man! Deal with it woman!

And I just love the way how she explains *ahem* spins it by saying she thought he was one of the crew..... :rolleyes Geez Louis! You would think she at least tries to be nice knowing full well she's on national tv.

omfg. you said it all!

When she was at the waterpark she was like `I wanted to make sure the kids didn't drown.`

If you call that walking a tedious 10 feet to yell `KEEP AN EYE ON THEM` to Mr. Biggins. Then walk back to work on your tan. I bet that was the most exercise she's done all day.

And when she was talking about carbs, I was just so annoyed. Atkins started all this right? Did you know that Atkins died from obesity. STOP FOLLOWING THAT DIET! :phhht
    Why do bunches of people run from a shark when they see one, if there is a bunch of people, and one of that shark, wouldn't it be easy to just attack him and kick his ass?
    Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Finchy Fire
    And when she was talking about carbs, I was just so annoyed. Atkins started all this right? Did you know that Atkins died from obesity. STOP FOLLOWING THAT DIET! :phhht
    No. Actually Mr. Atkins died from slipping on ice outside (winter season) and hitting his head. He died of an epidural hematoma to the head.
    Although I'm thoroughly sick and tired of hearing about "carbs this, carbs that..blah blah Atkins, Schmatkins"....I get most annoyed when people say he died as a result of his own diet.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I got a different impression, Bama. Like she's overcompensating now to make up for her less glamourous past.
    She doesn't deserve to get compensated that's all I gotta say....

Well, I don't want to be an expert on Tammy or anything.... ok maybe I am a little bit...... but I think there is something a bit not right about the Nakamura family, especially what's between Yuki and Tammy.

Look, well first of all I'm not against inter-racial marriages in any shape or form and in fact what I'm about to say has absolutely nothing to do with the issue of inter-racial marriages. Let's be clear on that.

Now having said that I just don't/ can't see the love between Yuki and Tammy, let alone being married together.

Ok first look at their economic status... one's a successful comestic surgeon the other a modest truck driver..... I'm not saying they can't date and marry but the likelihood of THAT union is just as likely as being struck by lightening!

Which leads me to suspect this,

I think Tammy's primary goal in her life is to be a gold-digger (and obviously a successful one) but unlike your typical "player" she would DO just about anything..... even marrying off to an asian spouse to get what she wants. She is that desperate.... that determined.... I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing.... since the rewards (in the end) for her is probably more than she could ever hope for and like some of you said, she has been handsomely compensated!

But the fact of the matter is she doesn't like Yuki at all. She is in this marriage for ALL the wrong reasons. And it's painfully obvious even from a stranger watching the show thousands of miles away.... but what bothers me the most is what her kids are going through in this kind of environment.

Look, the fact of the matter is she does not fully understand the knowledge or knowhow of an inter-racial marriage.... in fact she probably doesn't even know what a good marriage is about! The point is she doesn't understand Yuki's side of the family, she doesn't understand Japanese culture. Do you think for a second that "Nana" likes to do ALL the chores of the house while you being the daughter-in-law does nothing but go to god-knows-where for happy-hour 24 hours a day 7 days a week? Do you think she likes to be called "Nana" at all? I mean where's the respect for elders? The responsiblity of being a mother, daughter-in-law, and wife? I'm not saying Tammy should suddenly turn herself into a full time kitchen mom (I don't expect her to nor would she be able to, imagine her being in the kitchen would be a disaster) but she should at least be involved in her family's life, her kid's life more than what I'm hearing about her. And it all comes down to what and how the relationship was between Yuki and Tammy in the first place. What kind of a dating relationship do they have before marriage? And I'm sorry to say but evidence does suggest that the couple is not compatible with eachother at all. It's enough to have to deal with the aches and pains of a dating relationship but to add inter-racial relations into the mix is a whole different story and it will add to complications. Unless Tammy (and I'm leaving Yuki out because he seems to adjust to western American culture pretty fine) knows how to deal in Japanese culture or have an extensive knowledge about her husband's culture (which I doubt she does), then basically this relationship is a sham! It doesn't have any of a good foundation that is needed for a a happy successful relationship, let alone marriage.

And the only reason why this marriage is still "in tact" is because of two things- money and kids.

Even Nana would put up with her daughter-in-law's obnoxious behaviour at the sake of her grandchildren. Let' put it this way, do you think Nana would be in the picture, in the house washing, cleaning, cooking, living with Tammy and Yuki if they had no kids together? She'll bust herself off with the first available plane ticket back to Japan than to spend one more day with Tammy! Are you kidding me.....

If you call that walking a tedious 10 feet to yell `KEEP AN EYE ON THEM` to Mr. Biggins. Then walk back to work on your tan. I bet that was the most exercise she's done all day.
    No that's probably the most dicipline on kids she've probably dealt with in her entire life!

And the carbs thing annoys the hell outta me too...... I mean you would think marrying to a MD would smarten you up at least on the "health department" but her obsessive habit on carbs-watching is just ridiculous!

Tells you something about the communication between the couple..... or lack there of.
    Last edited by decan; 07-22-2004 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    And it all comes down to what and how the relationship was between Yuki and Tammy in the first place.
    According to the Fox website, after a short amount of time dating, Tammy asked Yuki to marry her.
    That does seem like she married for money. I mean, a few dates with the guy, and then she proposes?

I DON'T think we tread that dangerous ground to suggest that Asians in this country tread a see-saw. In some years, in some segments and generations, they try very hard to cling to the traditional. In other years, in other segments and generations, they will do almost ANYTHING to fit in.

I'm guessing that maybe Yuki had some rebellion against his parents (actually, to be specific, obviously his FATHER, since he's very traditional-seeming with how he treats Mom) and became Mr. Assimilation. He went looking for a blond Southern white woman in his neck of the woods (in a restaurant where she was obviously a waitress, the bio suggests) and when he met one, bought right into it. I'm guessing that Tammy, despite her witch-like interior, was probably a decent looking woman on the exterior when he met her--she's certainly not hideous even now--and that may have been all that was necessary.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I DON'T think we tread that dangerous ground to suggest that Asians in this country tread a see-saw. In some years, in some segments and generations, they try very hard to cling to the traditional. In other years, in other segments and generations, they will do almost ANYTHING to fit in.

I'm guessing that maybe Yuki had some rebellion against his parents (actually, to be specific, obviously his FATHER, since he's very traditional-seeming with how he treats Mom) and became Mr. Assimilation. He went looking for a blond Southern white woman in his neck of the woods (in a restaurant where she was obviously a waitress, the bio suggests) and when he met one, bought right into it. I'm guessing that Tammy, despite her witch-like interior, was probably a decent looking woman on the exterior when he met her--she's certainly not hideous even now--and that may have been all that was necessary.
    Yes a trophy wife. Of course.

Still Yuki's judgement or his taste in women rather..... disappoints me, assimilation or not. I mean his wife is NOT the only white woman in town is she?

It wouldn't surprise me if he's done some plastic surgery on her too. She has a plasticy look about her.
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    It wouldn't surprise me if he's done some plastic surgery on her too. She has a plasticy look about her.
    Of course she has! Do you think she just count carbs to make those wrinkles on her face go away?

OK . . .

But what about liposuction on the rest of her?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread