+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I didn't know she had a walk in closet.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Well, I must have missed the boat. I saw the first episode of this tonight but you're all talking about the second. What?????? Was it run right after the first?
    Last night's ep was a rerun, Wendiness, but I missed seeing it the first time around also. My God, this Tammy woman is horrendously self-centered and oblivious to anything outside of her own narrow experience, from what I've seen so far.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Tammy's a fright!

I caught the final episode involving the Nakamura/Biggins families last night and was appalled by Tammy. Her condescending attitude toward the Bigginses was at best rude and at worst rascist.

As for her marriage, who knows. They both seem rather cold. I say, let her go back to her McMansion (the house is a perfect symbol of the takiness of her personality) and all the "amenities" she missed so much at the Bigginses. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    The Biggins can sell their old house. What I want to know is where can you get a brand new house with a down payment of $22K? Here, the average house requires a minimum down payment of almost half a million.
    I'm certain you're mistaken about the average minimum down payment required in your area. I live in Manhattan and, having recently purchased real estate, I've become quite familiar with down payment requirements. In the second quarter of 2004, the average sale price for a Manhattan apartment was just over a million bucks ($1.05 million). Even assuming a 20% down payment to avoid PMI insurance, that's only about $200,000 down. The minimum down could (and usually is) much closer to 10-15% of the sale price.

Nationwide, the median price for an existing home (as opposed to new construction) is about $190,000. So $22K would make an appropriate 10% down payment.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Everyone in the Nakamura family seemed very likable. They were accepting of Mela and were nice for a great extent of time. But Tammy on the other hand. It seemed to me she "played" nice.. I couldn't believe that when Mela gave all the money to Nana she had the nerve to say that "Nana's tax bracket is less than ours!" COME ON! that lady does everything around the house..she deserved it..and Tammy backs it up with the logic that if they had gotten it, it would have been taxed more! that annoyed me!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think Tammy was just trying to save face. She had to be a little embarrassed that none of the money was apportioned out to the rest of her family. I think Mela did exactly the right thing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie
    Tammy is a train wreck.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I agree with you guys there..she was just horrible..i couldn't believe how fake she was! I'm glad that Mela gave Nana all of the 50 000 its not like the family needed it..Tammy is already stinkin' rich and was spoiled...Nana didn't really get any appreciation from her for all the work she did..I'm glad Mela let her know she cared!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

The only problem I see now with Mela's decision is that she should have given some money to the kids. Yes, they live in this beautiful house, go to cheerleading camp, etc. but sometimes, wealthy parents don't really share it with their kids except now and then (like if they do chores).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    The only problem I see now with Mela's decision is that she should have given some money to the kids. Yes, they live in this beautiful house, go to cheerleading camp, etc. but sometimes, wealthy parents don't really share it with their kids except now and then (like if they do chores).
    Frost, I'd be willing to bet you that those children want for very little..........except their parents' attention. And if Nana is anything like most grandmothers I have known (who have the resources), they are going to be in for plenty of spoiling! And they seem to well mannered enough to deserve it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie
    just saw both episodes today on Tivo and heres my take on things.

Mela looked stupid/ignorant when she started taking about all the ethnicities in asia. i busted out laughing when yuki was giving her the lesson on japanese/korean/vietnamese languages. must not have many friends in the asian area.
    on the other hand, tammy blows everything out of the water. how she can have one of the kids stay in the closet and reset the breaker, nonetheless 40 times, is f'ed up to say the least. how she can also talk about carbs/calories, when shes overweight, is beyond me. the naka kids seem really down to earth. natalia was courteous and open to mela. seemed a lot more bright than her mom. and nico..."shakes head".. i know how neglect can affect kids sometimes and all i have to say is hang on cause nana will be the mom you really never had. the biggins family i really couldn't get a good "feel" of. they all let tammy roll over them and its disappointing that they didn't say or do much. all in all;
    mela=loveable and charismatic
    tammy=comes off spoiled and self centered

+ Reply to Thread