+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Slam
    That 22k would be a 10% down payment on a very nice house in the south and most of the midwest. By nice I mean 4-5 bedrooms with 3-4 baths with an acre or more of land and maybe even a swimming pool and hot tub. Outside of a few large cities with lots of suckers willing to overpay it's easy to get a nice house for that.
    Sounds like a pretty damn good deal for all that!! $220k for all of that?? Man, the best I could find here was a 3 bed/2 bath manufactured home on 3.2 acres of land with a shop and a horse stall for $169k (still pretty damn good).
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I love country music.. and we have karaoke parties with a variety of music.. and country is usually included. If you are having a hoedown, you sure dont play jazz..
    It wasn't a country themed party, so the Biggins weren't too happy with the surprise. Luckily for the viewers, that surprise provided more entertainment than if they had played both country and non-country music, which would have brought up the party. I also don't think the Nakamuras had any music at their party for some reason.

FORT Regular
    Quote:
    didn't she make some comment about how it would be fine with her if her husband cheated on her with a younger woman, as long as her lifestyle wasn't affected???

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    Exactly why I suspect their marriage is a sham.
    No, Tammy didn't say that. She said that she's such a positive person that even if Yuki were to find a younger and more attractive woman, she'd still be able to carry on her lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    No, Tammy didn't say that. She said that she's such a positive person that even if Yuki were to find a younger and more attractive woman, she'd still be able to carry on her lifestyle.
    and that means what? Tammy has the aspirations to work as hard as her (current) hubby, who is a surgeon, works probably 9-10 hours a day and has a six figure income, even if their marriage ends?

Yeah right!

To be able to carry on her lifestyle after her divorce she will either have to basically "steal" a portion of (or what I call ex-spouse support payments) Yuki's income to maintain her way of life or find a job that pays as much as Yuki's. And I don't think she will ever be able to do the latter nor does she wants to.

So again it's all about the MONEY to her. Her marriage is solely based on it. It's a sham.

The Biggins can sell their old house. What I want to know is where can you get a brand new house with a down payment of $22K? Here, the average house requires a minimum down payment of almost half a million.
    Nearly 500k where you live ?
    The average down payment is 10% of cost.
    That means the cost of an 'average' house where you live is almost 5 million dollars ?

I live in one of the most expensive towns in NJ and the average is about 1 million for a basic house.

Where in the heck do you live ?????

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by decan
    and that means what? Tammy has the aspirations to work as hard as her (current) hubby, who is a surgeon, works probably 9-10 hours a day and has a six figure income, even if their marriage ends?

Yeah right!

To be able to carry on her lifestyle after her divorce she will either have to basically "steal" a portion of (or what I call ex-spouse support payments) Yuki's income to maintain her way of life or find a job that pays as much as Yuki's. And I don't think she will ever be able to do the latter nor does she wants to.

So again it's all about the MONEY to her. Her marriage is solely based on it. It's a sham.
    Your post may be misinterpreting what she was trying to get through to people. She may have been suggesting that she has such a positive attitude that she wouldn't allow her husband leaving to shatter her positiveness. They've been married for many years so far so unless you've seen their financial records, it's possible that they're truly in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie

Nearly 500k where you live ?
    The average down payment is 10% of cost.
    That means the cost of an 'average' house where you live is almost 5 million dollars ?

I live in one of the most expensive towns in NJ and the average is about 1 million for a basic house.

Where in the heck do you live ?????.
    You're lucky. The housing costs in places such as Miami, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, etc. are skyrocketing.

There are benefits to living in a big city as well. If you are able to pay for it, why not?
    Maybe the Biggens, like many of the rest of us, have no desire to live in a big city and given the opportunity will live as far from there as possible. Different strokes for different folks; and I do think 22k would give them a down pyment on a home in a suburb of most any city, particularly with the cash from selling the old house; there are loans that don't require such a big down payment. But maybe the Biggens are content with their old home, and/or would be better served by having the money go to something else. I could afford a bigger,"better" (to some people) home than what I have, "in town" but that's not what I want ...and I would be furious if I participated in a show like this and the prize money were dedicated to purchasing a house. I sure hope there's a way in the contract for the Biggens to get out of this.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Newbie
    you guys could say all the bad things u want about Tammy but I think she was the best Mother so far for what she chose to spend the money on. Her choices will really make a difference in that family.

FORT Newbie
    In some parts of Dallas, you can get a brand new home in the low 100's or less. It will not be upscale or particularly luxurious, but the neighborhood and home would be a definite improvement. A 22K downpayment would allow them to keep very low monthly payments on the home. And, after paying off other debt from the other portion of the money, they will very likely have lower total monthly expenses than they currently have. Housing in Dallas is quite a bit more affordable than most of the rest of the country.

Well, I must have missed the boat. I saw the first episode of this tonight but you're all talking about the second. What?????? Was it run right after the first?

I really thought, at one point, Tammy was an actress. She was so over the top. Sadly, she's for real. I wonder if her husband has some new insight into her now that he's seen her behavior at the Biggens house. Maybe he never realized how self-centered, lazy and rude she is. On the other hand, there are many men who take pride in spoiling their wives rotten. (Sadly, I haven't met one yet.)

+ Reply to Thread