+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill747
    So I can understand why Yuki married her and put up with her personality flaws.
    You know the old saying...Beauty's only skin deep. There's more to a relationship than the superficial aspects my friend. :nono

...and ugly's down to the bone.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    No. Actually Mr. Atkins died from slipping on ice outside (winter season) and hitting his head. He died of an epidural hematoma to the head.
    Although I'm thoroughly sick and tired of hearing about "carbs this, carbs that..blah blah Atkins, Schmatkins"....I get most annoyed when people say he died as a result of his own diet.
    His diet is a fad. Enough said.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I DON'T think we tread that dangerous ground to suggest that Asians in this country tread a see-saw. In some years, in some segments and generations, they try very hard to cling to the traditional. In other years, in other segments and generations, they will do almost ANYTHING to fit in.

I'm guessing that maybe Yuki had some rebellion against his parents (actually, to be specific, obviously his FATHER, since he's very traditional-seeming with how he treats Mom) and became Mr. Assimilation. He went looking for a blond Southern white woman in his neck of the woods (in a restaurant where she was obviously a waitress, the bio suggests) and when he met one, bought right into it. I'm guessing that Tammy, despite her witch-like interior, was probably a decent looking woman on the exterior when he met her--she's certainly not hideous even now--and that may have been all that was necessary.

It's normal for a new group to assimilate into a new country. That's always been history.
    How do you know Tammy only married for money? Maybe they both madly fell in love. Her husband said that he loved her management and determination.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    to all of these posts. I just saw this show tonight in it's "encore" presentation. I was shocked to discover that Tammy is a truck driver. I guess it shouldn't really surprise me, though. She has that nouveau riche attitude going on - I don't think she's very secure with who she is. I hope she does watch herself on the show, and make some serious changes in her way of thinking.
    BTW, I live fairly close to Dallas and I got a kick out of Tammy's wide eyed look when she realized where the Biggin's family lives. Many of the south Dallas neighborhoods are old and well, ethnic... and Tammy didn't seem very comfortable with it! Too funny!
    I think it'll be a bigger challenge for Tammy to fit into a more posh city like LA or New York.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I don't know if it was just me, but I find it very stupid that Tammy gave the Biggins $22,000 for a down-payment on a new house. Doesn't that force the Biggins to buy a new house. Maybe Tammy & Anthony discussed this, but if not, I found that to be very stupid.
    The Biggins can sell their old house. What I want to know is where can you get a brand new house with a down payment of $22K? Here, the average house requires a minimum down payment of almost half a million.

FORT Regular

Country music?

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    ...and ugly's down to the bone.
    Tammy seems ok, but maybe she needs to think before she speaks.

And who plays country music at parties?? I will stick with trance, pop, jazz, or classical (depending on the party), thanks.

I love country music.. and we have karaoke parties with a variety of music.. and country is usually included. If you are having a hoedown, you sure dont play jazz..

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemermaid
    The Biggins can sell their old house. What I want to know is where can you get a brand new house with a down payment of $22K? Here, the average house requires a minimum down payment of almost half a million.
    That 22k would be a 10% down payment on a very nice house in the south and most of the midwest. By nice I mean 4-5 bedrooms with 3-4 baths with an acre or more of land and maybe even a swimming pool and hot tub. Outside of a few large cities with lots of suckers willing to overpay it's easy to get a nice house for that.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Slam
    That 22k would be a 10% down payment on a very nice house in the south and most of the midwest. By nice I mean 4-5 bedrooms with 3-4 baths with an acre or more of land and maybe even a swimming pool and hot tub. Outside of a few large cities with lots of suckers willing to overpay it's easy to get a nice house for that.
    There are benefits to living in a big city as well. If you are able to pay for it, why not?

+ Reply to Thread