+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Nakamura Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I agree with the poster who said that Yuki's treatment of Nana is a personal defect, not cultural.
    Just to summarize my position. The Nakamura family arrangement whereby the grandmother does all the household chores while the daughter-in-law barks out orders is clearly unfair. That arrangement is not an Asian thing or a Japanese thing; it's strictly a Tammy thing. Although Tammy is mostly to blame, I also hold Yuki partially responsible for allowing it or even actively condoning it.
    Last edited by Bill747; 07-29-2004 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Tammy gives a bad name only to Tammy, and that's the point Unk is making, if I read him right. To paint a broader stroke is not only incorrect, but liable to piss off people in the professions or groups you try to paint with that brush.
    Thank you John. That is exactly my point. You read me right.

ETA Bill, I knew that was your point.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 07-29-2004 at 09:00 PM.

This conversation about who Tammy makes look "bad" for whatever reason is done. Further comments of this nature will result in a vacation.

Holy schnikes! I know exactly where Dr. Nakamura's practice is...he has a cosmetic surgery center less than 5 miles from my house (in Arlington) & is a very reputable surgeon in this area. Now I wish I would have watched the show!
    It says he lives in Colleyville, which is a very affluent area. The houses over there are just absolutely "ginormous" (gigantic & enormous combined) & a lot of Dr.s live in that area.

ETA: I just read about the Biggins family, & Oak Cliff really is a rough area. I'm not rich, racist, or spoiled, but I would be a more than a tad leary of being over there by myself.
    Last edited by holly71; 07-30-2004 at 03:21 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I wonder if Dr.N feels his family's exposure was worth it in retrospect?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie

The nakamuras

I wonder if the Nakamura's are related to the chess prodigy Hikaru nakamura... The nakamura family seems to be very wealthy... and if natalia is looking for a 16 year old boy friend... i would love to go out with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I wonder if Dr.N feels his family's exposure was worth it in retrospect?
    I don't know what would possess him to risk his professional reputation by doing this show. Even though it's his witchy-wife who is the one that is making all the rude remarks & whatnot, it still can impact people's perceptions of him by extension ("guilt by association")
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyz
    I wonder if the Nakamura's are related to the chess prodigy Hikaru nakamura... The nakamura family seems to be very wealthy... and if natalia is looking for a 16 year old boy friend... i would love to go out with her.
    I think it's unlikely. Nakamura is a very common name, I believe.

Although if you want to win Natalia, I'm guessing that talking about how wealthy her family is won't be the best way to start! Good luck, though.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Can you imagine going in for some face work at Yukis now. There's probably a line out the door with these ladies all wanting face work, but adamantly saying "Just don't give me the Tammy"

Quote Originally Posted by did_it_again
    "Just don't give me the Tammy"
    Sorry, but I disagree. I like Tammy's looks.

Although her personality is bad, Tammy is an attractive woman physically, especially for her age. She must have been very pretty younger. So I can understand why Yuki married her and put up with her personality flaws.
    Last edited by Bill747; 08-03-2004 at 01:26 AM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

+ Reply to Thread