+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Pam, EVOO & Selkie, you guys are right about the hypoglycemia . . .

I'm hypoglycemic, and believe me, hell hath no fury such as when my sugar begins to crash. I deal with it, even to the point of always making sure I have a tube of glucose at hand, should I need it, because I really don't want to take my foaming at the mouth out on others around me.

That said,

IF RB does, indeed, have hypoglycemia, that might be her ONLY excuse, in my eyes, for behaving as she has in the Cool house. And even at that, that'll only go so far with me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a point where Cool Dad was offering her/suggesting something for her to eat & she told him something to the effect of: "No, I don't WANT that!"

I'm sorry, but when I'm having blood sugar problems, I'll eat DIRT, if I have to, AND scoop it up for myself without expecting anybody else to do that for me (if I haven't hit the floor, that is).

What a high-handed bitch!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Maybe RB wanted someone to bring her a low-carb snack.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a point where Cool Dad was offering her/suggesting something for her to eat & she told him something to the effect of: "No, I don't WANT that!"

I'm sorry, but when I'm having blood sugar problems, I'll eat DIRT, if I have to, AND scoop it up for myself without expecting anybody else to do that for me (if I haven't hit the floor, that is).
    ITA. When you feel like you're going to either faint or be sick, youíll eat anything that isnít nailed down. But what the heck is her excuse for being so obnoxious the rest of the time?
    Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
    When you feel like you're going to either faint or be sick, youíll eat anything that isnít nailed down.
    That may be true for a person with hypoglycemia who is really crashing, but for someone more like my sister who is sugar senstive but not extreme enough for a diagnosis of hypoglycemia, the ogre stage is as far as she goes. And, in that frame of mind, I can see her not taking kindly to just any old piece of food from the freezer. I'm not excusing her attitude for the rest of the show. This is just something that struck me as I watched her react to hunger.

I wonder how RB is going to feel when her new family reads her the riot act? Iím going to be camped out in front of the TV with a smile on my face, and Cheetos and Diet Coke on the coffee table. (Hey, I have to conserve those calories somewhere.)
    Give me ambiguity, or give me something else!

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Pam, EVOO & Selkie, you guys are right about the hypoglycemia . . .

I'm hypoglycemic, and believe me, hell hath no fury such as when my sugar begins to crash. I deal with it, even to the point of always making sure I have a tube of glucose at hand, should I need it, because I really don't want to take my foaming at the mouth out on others around me.

That said,

IF RB does, indeed, have hypoglycemia, that might be her ONLY excuse, in my eyes, for behaving as she has in the Cool house. And even at that, that'll only go so far with me.

What a high-handed bitch!
    If she faints because she didn't "want that", it'll teach her a good lesson.

Oh man! I just have a WILD idea.... what if one of the twists in the show is that she can never go back to her original family again.... coffee anyone?

I was surprised how well this show worked out. I had no expectations, and now I am totally hooked just after one episode. It was funny, there is the villain everyone hates already, the good guys, everything a reality show needs... One of the best new reality TV concepts in a long time
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

and quite underrated too I might add

FORT Newbie
    Tammy is the best part of the show. She probably thinks she is being portrayed as a wonderful woman who loves all cultures and is very open to other lifestyles. She is so stupid she doesn't realize what a selfish ass she is making of herself.

This is a really fun train wreck sort of a show. I can't stop watching it!
    Lisa :rolleyes

FORT Fan
    is it just me or did the rich lady make a comment about how she'd be fine if her husband cheated on her with a younger woman, as long as her lifestyle wasn't affected?????

the poor family should ditch the rich mom at Fair Park in dallas at sunset and see if she makes it home.

poor mom seems to be doing great, rich mom should hire her as a nanny to help nana out, seems to have spent more time with the kids in one day than rich mom has all year

kinda hard to tell what neighborhood that was in colleyville, they've started building most of the houses in the area with similar themes (natural stone front and back, mostly brick on sides, garages and sheds have to be made of same material as the house) so everything kinda looks alike...definitely looks like a doctor's neighborhood

(living about 5-10 minutes away, older neighborhood, but the taxes are still WAY high...kinda embarrassed that she is representing DFW)

FORT Newbie

Tammy

You know I think we're all being a little too harsh on Tammy and the Nakamura family. (ducks as a barrage of Tomatoes are thrown in my direction). Even Omarosa had her defenders but I haven't seen one person defend Tammy.

How can we have such venom for one woman. Oh, sure she's strong willed or dominating or "another word" depending on how you view it. And my initial impression of her was that she was a little "fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake, fake" in the words of Theo from Average Joe 2, but . . .

She has feelings too. (more tomatoes hit the stage). And her family has feelings too. I mean how would you feel if you were Natalie Nakamura, Tammy's cute daughter, and your'e reading that your parents whole marriage is a sham and that your mom is a gold digger. I mean come on, they've been married for 17 years. How long do marriages last nowadays? So what if she was a truck driver or a son of a plumber, and is noveau rich. I don't see Tammy having done anything really wrong.

The whole show is set up to make the rich mom look like Cruella DeVille. None of us can relate to the huge mansion they have (I even saw a seal jumping in the huge pool, whatupwitthat). Obviously we're gonna be jealous, and have little sympathy for them. Contrast that to the perfect, lovable hand picked poor family. Cute Omar, and lovable mom. I dont' exactly see them as being dirt poor to me. I'm not too familiar with the Dallas area, but they look like they live in a nice middle class African American suburb. (Such things do exist, although most people don't realize it) I mean this isn't living in the projects of South Side Chicago. There's a huge difference between the ghetto in Chicago and the ghetto in Minneapolis. We can't just throw these Blanket Jackson terms around. The Biggins have a nice home, with a decent sized yard, and I even noticed a treadmill inside thier home. They may be in debt, but alot of people are in debt, and live beyond thier means.

As far as Nana is concerned. How many wives are cool with the Mother in Law living with them 24-7? Probably not many. Honestly, answer that question to yourself. What Tammy meant by her statement that she knows her place, is that in exchange for the mom being able to live with the son and her, she has to cook and clean. Most of us would rather throw the mom in an old folks home or apartment where they'd rot away from lonliness.

Tammy's outspoken and on reality TV that's gonna make her look bad, just like Scott Halveston. She has flaws but under the reality TV microscope, they're gonna be blown out of proportion.

You know I think they've got a good family and a happy marriage. 17 years in a marriage, that's a long time, that'll give you a crick in the neck. They've got too well adjusted kids, a beautiful house and lake house, oodeles of money, oh better stop, I'm getting jealous again.

I think what'll happen is that Nana will eventually die or get old and need help, and then Tammy will hire Mrs. Biggins as the new Nanny/cook. In fact, Mrs. Biggins reminds me of Marry Poppins coming into the house and befriending the children and bringing the austere parents closer to the kids and then flying away on an umbrella. Then the Biggins can move into the lake house. It's a win win. Or is it?

Anyway, Nathalie Nakamura, if you're reading this you've got a great family and wonderful parents, and a wonderful mom. Don't let the cynics/player haters get to you. (Ducks as more tomatoes are thrown).

+ Reply to Thread