+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really like Mela. She seems super nice. I don't consider her family poor, though. They seem to have everything they want, and they have a nice car and dress nice.

They also have about $30k in debt, which means they've been living above their means for a while now, I'm guessing.

That kind of debt is crushing to personal finances.

ok...I admit to watching it. The white woman is so spoiled and annoying. "Positism"... I am only half paying attention to it so I am missing a lot, but so far this show is love/hate, mainly because I like one person and not the other.

I thought it was funny when Mela asked Yuki if all asians spoke different languages.... I mean, Koreans speak Korean? In Japan they speak Japanese? Vietnamese? where's that?

Trading Spouses: Fox Tuesdays

Did anyone else catch this show? On the first episode, wealthy mom (heretofore referred to as RichB****, or RB for short) switched places with lower middle class mom (heretofore referred to as CoolMom). And what a culture shock it was for both of them. And their families. Especially the ones who had RB foisted upon them.

RB started out talking a good game, I was liking her until she refused to make meals and made poor young'un flip the breaker 40 times while she did her hair. Air-dry it, witch! Also, CoolDad gets major points for keeping his cool when she demanded that he get her a sandwich because she's not feeling so good, and she's "not in the mood" to fix anything. She was talking to the tv like she was in the right of it, telling everyone that she was going to show them an alternate way to live when she couldn't even function in their reality nor was she going to put forth the effort to try. I caught the "dad was smiling a lot ... at first" comment and wondered if she'd eventually catch a clue! Evidently not. I hope dad jerks a knot in her tail next week, and I certainly hope she doesn't get her boat!!

CoolMom was awesome in this episode. She pitched in and did what she could to fit in with the family, and spent time with the kids. She's right though, her kids could easily fit in with the upper lifestyle, but for the wealthy kids to fit in the less fortunate, it would take a lot of character and class. Although from the smidgen we've seen of the kids I think they'd come through. It would be tough but they'd make it.

Hope I wasn't the only one watching!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was surprisingly entertained by this show. I thought it was pretty good! I also wonder how this show will stay fresh though as they've already done the rich/poor and race differences. I can possibly see a gay couple and a straight couple getting switched.

That plastic surgeon guy should be granted sainthood just for being married to that wench Tammy. What in the world possessed him to get hitched to her? Oh, I know, but I probably shouldn't say it here.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

It took me a little while to realize that Nana was actually the husband's mother, and not a personal butler. I'm sure Tammy has a bell hiding just off-camera somewhere that she can ring when she needs something.

It's easy to have "positism" when you never have to lift a finger without assistance.

Tammy, go to the damn store and buy your own damn coffee and coffeemaker. Surely you have $15 in your pocket, right?

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I watched it too. RB's name fits (good one!). However, I think she's probably the smartest woman in the world. She married an obviously hard working doctor/surgeon who has a mother who is willing to be their slave. RB gets to have a great lifestyle and have a family that she doesn't have to care for (since poor Nana seems to do everything).

This woman has no clue (RB that is). She thought the dad (Cooldad) was one of the production crew, hmmm why would she think that? :rolleyes She truly didn't understand why this family can't just go out and buy food at a restaurant. Her solution to the breaker tripping when she dried her hair was to have an 11 year old stand in a closet by the breaker box and flip it back on 40 times. I just hope CoolMom decides that the entire $50k should go to Nana, maybe a trip around the world or her own butler. That would fry RB's wide (considering she's such a carb counter!) butt.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I liked this show too. And I'm glad poor mom is getting a nice break for two weeks. Good for her. She deserves it.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread