+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

Who will have the Top Design?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

I wasn't really crazy about Nathan's design. I hated that you could see the chicken wire in that dining room light fixture. The rest of it was okay, I guess. I like quirky things, but those are the kind of things I like to buy on my own and not go to a decorator to provide. Also I didn't think it was that cohesive. I liked both Ondine's and Preston's better.

FORT Newbie

Ya know... I was *REALLY* disappointed. I thought Preston's was much better than Nathan's. And... is it just me, or was it REALLY anti-climactic? I was just REALLY disappointed in this season. It felt like it was thrown together in a few weeks instead of them taking time to put it together. It definately was NOT memorable at all.

FIXED! I TELL YOU, FIXED! While Baldy did come up with a few cute things (That paper plate chandelier was NOT one of them) The win should have gone to Pretty Preston. He was a consistant winner, always in the top two at least and really presented the most polished and suave rooms from the first challenge to the finale. Ondine, while a nice gal, just couldn't compare to the boyz. I've already had my friend from N.O. prepare a quite nice curse for the judges, including the "Iconic Potter" whatever the hell that means.

Who Won!?!?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MollyMouse;3229443;
    Who Won!?!?
    Nathan

I fiercely hate these judges. They chose Nathan because he's edgy, even though design, like all art is suibjective. I'm sorry Kelly Wearstler but those little hats you wear are just stupid-looking.
    CYA

FORT Newbie

I like a lot of Kelly's design sensibilities... but yah... the hats are a lil over the top.

I am a huge Preston fan, but have to say that his house was a touch disappointing. I would've like to have seen him use a little color and some more "quirky" touches. Then it would've been perfect for me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else notice how much in the personal talks to the camera Ondine and Andrea sound exactly alike.

I think that Nathan deserved the win as much as I thought Preston would have. It is obvious that Nathan had Johnathon and Kelli and Preston had the Elle Decor gal so it came down to two to one. I think Preston is extremely talented, but I saw all masculine type designs from him. I am sorry I could not have lived in that townhome. Nathan is also talented, but too over the top for me to have as a designer. If I had to have one do my home, Ondine would be the only of the three.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast