+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

As an unabashed masculine man, I appreciated Preston's designs very much. If I were to have a designer do a house for me, it would be Preston, hands down, from the three choices we had at the end. I'm glad to see a man design a masculine home...I thought it was the winner, but there seemed to be a clear, unspoken, bias from the judges towards Nathan all season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;3231787;
    I thought it was the winner, but there seemed to be a clear, unspoken, bias from the judges towards Nathan all season.
    Yes, seemed so to me too.

IMO Nathan's house was s@$t. I mean sometimes "original" is just code-talk for "weird".

I would have been okay with either Ondine or Preston. Both of them had elements to their houses I found appealing.

I'm curious if we all think that Preston lost because Jonathan Adler has a "color splash" fetish.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3233275;
    IMO Nathan's house was s@$t. I mean sometimes "original" is just code-talk for "weird".

I would have been okay with either Ondine or Preston. Both of them had elements to their houses I found appealing.

I'm curious if we all think that Preston lost because Jonathan Adler has a "color splash" fetish.
    When you breathe, live and work with interior design, as the judges do, you come from a different place. They have seen it all. They seek unusual and inovative. The same goes for PR.

Viewers tend to look for a room they want to live in. The judges are looking at it as art. It is subjective as any art form.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234