+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/05 Show Discussion (Season Finale)

I love this show. This season is an improvement over last. Well done!

I was disappointed in everyone's town house, to different degrees. They all lacked color with the exception of Ondines 2 rooms.

Preston. It lacked soul and even strength, which is his forte. Way too boring and dull for me. His own home is smashing! He can do it but why not here? His own living room sports a yellow sofa and lots of gllittering details.

Ondine. I liked parts and agree with the judges where it failed. Her own home is fabulous! I love Danish and mid century modern as does Ondine. Why didn't she go get some of that stuff? She has that in her own home. She knows how to do that.

Nathan. He deserved the win from where I sit. Still, I wanted more but I love his sensibilitites. Loved the paper plate shandy (a la Adler) and his art. Good job Nathan!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3229442;
    FIXED! I TELL YOU, FIXED! While Baldy did come up with a few cute things (That paper plate chandelier was NOT one of them) The win should have gone to Pretty Preston. He was a consistant winner, always in the top two at least and really presented the most polished and suave rooms from the first challenge to the finale. Ondine, while a nice gal, just couldn't compare to the boyz.
    I totally agree.... Sigh. I think Nathan's immensely talented, although I prefer Preston's more sophisticated, understated style to Nathan's electic, quirky style. But, that's just me.

I know that art, design, etc. are subjective, but I really did not get the paper plate chandelier. If I paid a designer to decorate my house and walked in and saw paper plates and chicken wire hanging from the ceiling, I would wonder what the heck my money was spent on. It reminded me of something from Trading Spaces -- where they'd cover the walls with aluminum foil or something just to keep within budget.

I also thought that Eddie's comments sounded like sour grapes. The most telling, "I'm here to be his assistant, not to help him win." We get it... you don't like Preston.

FORT Fanatic

How does one clean a paper plate chandelier???

I can see why they gave Nathan the win. He's "out" there and can surprise you. Preston did a much better job but was too safe. Base on the town houses, Nathan was the worst for me. It looked dated and old. I liked Preston and Ondine's much much better.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

I liked and disliked parts of all three townhomes.

Preston's was the most "staged"...
    Nathan's was the most outrageous, but had its faults...
    Ondine's was great in places, and fell down in others....

I have liked Nathan the most in all the challenges/pop designs/weeks, so I was glad he won. Surprised, but glad.

I wonder if he had to go back and do some edits (the wallpaper on the staircase wall, the bedding in the master) before Margaret and the Elle Decor came in to do the photo shoot. My guess is "Oh, yes, he did".... Wonder when that issue comes out? Next month?
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 11-06-2008 at 01:31 PM.
    Could does not mean should

I'm fine with Nathan winning. I do think his rooms are interesting and creative.

That said, if I was going to have one of them design a room for me I would probably choose Preston first, then Ondine, but not Nathan. I prefer Preston's clean style (even if it is more on the masculine side). I like a lot of what Ondine does, but her design can be a bit "busy" for me and some of her wallpaper choices are definitely too much for me (like the black and white wallpaper in the office - it would hurt my eyes to have that in my house).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;3229715;
    How does one clean a paper plate chandelier???
    Good question. I think you just toss it and build another; it should look good for quite awhile though. If he were to copyright that and produce it the plates would have a matt sealer on them so they could be wiped.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3229442;
    FIXED! I TELL YOU, FIXED! While Baldy did come up with a few cute things (That paper plate chandelier was NOT one of them) The win should have gone to Pretty Preston. He was a consistant winner, always in the top two at least and really presented the most polished and suave rooms from the first challenge to the finale. Ondine, while a nice gal, just couldn't compare to the boyz. I've already had my friend from N.O. prepare a quite nice curse for the judges, including the "Iconic Potter" whatever the hell that means.
    I AGREE!!! Pretty Preston definitely should have won. He was consistently top drawer all the way through and his designs are classy, clean and elegant. Nathan - way too quirky for my taste (I didn't get it most of the time) and Ondine was inconsistent (sometimes great, sometimes so-so).
    Last edited by aname2; 11-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMLEsq;3229597;
    I totally agree.... Sigh. I think Nathan's immensely talented, although I prefer Preston's more sophisticated, understated style to Nathan's electic, quirky style. But, that's just me.

I know that art, design, etc. are subjective, but I really did not get the paper plate chandelier. If I paid a designer to decorate my house and walked in and saw paper plates and chicken wire hanging from the ceiling, I would wonder what the heck my money was spent on. It reminded me of something from Trading Spaces -- where they'd cover the walls with aluminum foil or something just to keep within budget.

I also thought that Eddie's comments sounded like sour grapes. The most telling, "I'm here to be his assistant, not to help him win." We get it... you don't like Preston.
    And you didn't hear Preston say one derogatory thing about Eddie. Take note Martha, what does he say about you behind your back.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3229869;
    And you didn't hear Preston say one derogatory thing about Eddie. Take note Martha, what does he say about you behind your back.
    You and I are on the same wavelength. I noticed throughout the whole season that, while Preston was the target of a lot of hateful rhetoric, he never once said anything bad about any of the other designers. He is a class act and I wish he'd won. Nathan does nothing for me. His style just leaves me cold, but I did notice that he seemed to be a favorite of the judges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast