+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Please keep all juicy discussion in this thread until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Eddie was the right one to go. I did not like his wallpaper choice, I thought the lattice on the wall look cheap and tacky, and I really disliked his mirrors with the gilded leaf-things sticking out of it.

Like the judges, I liked Preston's and Ondine's the best.

When they were showing clips of the designers' homes, am I crazy or did they not show Eddie's home?? I was surprised by the clips of Preston's home, but mostly because I didn't like it. It seemed overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3225515;
    When they were showing clips of the designers' homes, am I crazy or did they not show Eddie's home??
    I just got through rewatching that part to make sure, but I did notice at the beginning that they didn't show Eddie's, which made me think he was going to lose and they had filmed the others afterward.
    He deserved to go not only for his lousy attitude but also because his room looked like a sad granny room in Boca. Shabby, but not chic, and not "the Hamptons."

I loved Preston's home and was very surprised at all the goth elements. Second was Ondine. Loved the dining area (dining set, chandelier, monkey vase) and that she used a Hello Kitty instead of a throw pillow on one of her chairs. Not too thrilled with Nathan's space. Would not be surprised if the winners finished in that order. But I think I'd be happy for any of them to win - they weeded out the bad ones before the final challenge, yay!

FORT Fogey

Missed tonight's show but will catch in repeats. It sounds like the judges liked Ondine's room - FINALLY she gets to shine. I like her. I think she struggles on the show, but is capable of so much more.

FORT Fogey

Eddie's outfit last night was hysterical. It really did look like he belonged in that room. Margaret brought up a good point; his personalilty is so big, where is it in his decor? His home is probably not a show piece. I am betting he lives in a small apt in NYC that he has given little attention and would not let them tape it.

Preston. His home is stunning, I loved it. It didn't look lived in but it sure was beautiful. That horse painting is something I would buy in a heart beat. I adored that! Black, white and yellow are another favorite combo of mine. His family room was okay, it did not wow me and I agree the orange bench was overkill. Put the orange in somewhere else. It blocked entrance into the space.

Ondine. Her room needed vibrant sunflower yellow curtains.

Nathan. My boy and winner to be! He is going to bang out a dynamite home next week. I liked his bedroom more than the judges did. It needed more but I liked what I saw. I am tired of beds with tons of throw pillows so I appreciated his understatment. The sideboard and art were fabulous.

What is Eddie saying? Trannie or trennie? Neither are transexuals so why would he use trannie unless it has grown in scope to include different meanings? Makes no sense.

I don't normally like Nathan's crazy rooms, however his room last night was so subdued that it was boring. I actually liked Eddie's beachy room- reminded me of a seaside cottage minus the weird things on the mirror. Preston's room was a little crowded, but put together as always. I loved the colors in Ondine's room, but the wallpaper was waaaay to busy for my taste and I think it may have been better suited on just one of the walls. I think it made the room seem smaller, rather than bigger. I'm glad she "edited" herself and left the big black drape off the window- it woould have closed it in even more. I'm pretty sure Preston has this in the bag...but I'm not liking this season as much as last and I don't find myself rooting for anyone in particular.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3225542;
    Missed tonight's show but will catch in repeats. It sounds like the judges liked Ondine's room - FINALLY she gets to shine. I like her. I think she struggles on the show, but is capable of so much more.
    Ondines room was nice but not at all unique. I will even say it was common. You have seen it before in magazines over the past several years if not longer. Black and white with one colorful piece of art. The sofa has also been around forever.

They showed her residence and it was fabulous!! Great bed, love the spread and pillows. She has a flair in her own home that is very different than we have seen. I dont think she can get her hands on what she needs to express herself in this show. That is the only thing I can think of because her apartment is hip and current.

I really like her but I don't think she can win. My money is on Nathan if he goes crazy, if no crazy, then the win goes to Preston.

Last edited by shoepie; 10-30-2008 at 09:33 AM.

I must admit I found Nathan's room boring last night it was so not put together. There was no wow factor, no zing, it was butt ugly. I did think that the elimination was between him and Eddie and I am not surprised Eddie went home. I do think perphaps his job with "Martha" while very helpful, may have perphaps put blinders on his design esthetic. I do hope Jeff Lewis is one of the guest judges for the finale, his comments were rapier like thrusts to the heart and I felt for poor Eddie. It was nice to see Jeff and Margeret square off against each other over their opinions about Eddie. That is the most lifelike I have ever see that women. A wonderful episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3225629;
    I must admit I found Nathan's room boring last night it was so not put together. There was no wow factor, no zing, it was butt ugly. I did think that the elimination was between him and Eddie and I am not surprised Eddie went home. I do think perphaps his job with "Martha" while very helpful, may have perphaps put blinders on his design esthetic. I do hope Jeff Lewis is one of the guest judges for the finale, his comments were rapier like thrusts to the heart and I felt for poor Eddie. It was nice to see Jeff and Margeret square off against each other over their opinions about Eddie. That is the most lifelike I have ever see that women. A wonderful episode.
    I loved that exchange too. Margaret doesn't like him much and neither do I. I woud like a skilled and successful designer to be the guest judge.

Does anyone fault Preston from staying aloof from the herd the way they talk about him behind his back? He's got to know what they are saying, after all it is very close quarters. And yet I've never seen him gloat when he won or be anything but gracious when he didn't. His home is SOOOOOOO Hollywood, I wanted to get up and re-enact "Scenes from Hollywood's Golden Age". I imagine that the three whose homes we saw use their places as further advertisement of the type of work they do. Since Eddie doesn't do independent work but rather works for Martha, (who's really packing on the pounds lately) then perhaps he lives in a hovel. Nathan is more my taste but Preston is Soooooo "Pretty" how could one not root for him, be still my fluttering heart.
    '
    Last edited by ChristoferHawke; 10-30-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: mispelled word.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast