+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I was so happy that Eddie got sent home. Those mirrors in his bedroom were Tacky. His granny style is a big loser. I loved the guest judge's comment about how Eddie's design style would only appeal to people with walkers, bed pans & oxygen tanks... too funny!
    My favorite element in the 3 rooms was Preston's wallpaper. It was fabulous and set the tone for the whole room. Loved it!
    I would be happy with any of the final 3 designers winning. Nathan will have to bring back his crazy/kooky side to win though... Ondine will have to step it up a notch to win. Right now, I'm thinking it will be Preston... but isn't he too good looking to win?
    Anyways. Let me finish by saying that I thought the final challenge of decorating an entire townhouse is an awesome way to end the season. I can't wait to see the final 3's finished townhouses.

Who is John Galt?

I am also glad that Eddie was sent home. He was getting on my nerves. I favor Preston to win. I like his style - clean, elegant, and masculine but not too much, so a woman would also feel comfortable living with his designs. Ondine is a good designer and I really liked her little office/guest room (I love black and white together). Nathan's bedroom didn't appeal to me - too cold (liked the bathroom though). I actuallly liked Eddie's bedroom better but obviously the judges did not. I am hoping it is between Preston and Ondine because Nathan's style is just too weird and eclectic for me (but that is just a matter of taste).

I agree with Shoepie. Only a straight guy would have a huge painting of a nearly nude beautiful woman in his dining room that he looked at every day whenever he ate his meals. But, he most definitely would fit under the title "metrosexual". To me, Preston is a beautiful man with classy beautiful taste in design. His personality appears to be quiet and introverted with a bit of OCD thrown in. I can see where he may have a problem relating to people in a group where some are very extroverted. I think Eddie's problem with Preston is jealously. I think he felt threatened by Preston's talent and not as sure of his own as he pretended he was. Nathan doesn't seem to have a problem with him and neither does Ondine. I think the final three are the ones would should be there.

FORT Newbie

All ya'll that are saying Preston's straight, google "Top Design 2 gay". The 1st link that shows up has a picture of pretty-Preston on it. (If you google "top design 2 preston gay" at the bottom of the 1st set of pages google gives you there's a page w/ a couple shirtless Preston pics, and the line "Currently, the openly gay Preston is one of the contestants on Bravo's Top Design. Originally from Amarillo, Texas, Preston lives and works in Los Angeles, California.")
    Last edited by motoxtop; 11-03-2008 at 01:42 PM.

Who is John Galt?

Guess that settles it. Oh well, even though he is no longer my fantasy, I still love his designs and hope he wins. And he is pretty! (Altho, why he wants to look at a nearly nude girl with his cereal every morning is beyond me).

Personally? I wouldn't put too much stock into what is found via Googling. Anybody can put up a site and post "information" saying somebody is something or other.

I did the googling and didn't see any site that I would consider legitimate (could be wrong..I'm at work and there are all sorts of filters in place). Only because I'm bored and needed a break from a report I've been working on all day. So thought, what the heck. Let's type it in and see what comes up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123