+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3225840;
    Does anyone fault Preston from staying aloof from the herd the way they talk about him behind his back? He's got to know what they are saying, after all it is very close quarters. And yet I've never seen him gloat when he won or be anything but gracious when he didn't. His home is SOOOOOOO Hollywood, I wanted to get up and re-enact "Scenes from Hollywood's Golden Age". I imagine that the three whose homes we saw use their places as further advertisement of the type of work they do. Since Eddie doesn't do independent work but rather works for Martha, (who's really packing on the pounds lately) then perhaps he lives in a hovel. Nathan is more my taste but Preston is Soooooo "Pretty" how could one not root for him, be still my fluttering heart.
    '
    I do not fault for Preston keeping his distance, at all! Wise decision, I say.

    Ondines apartment is very much like my home. I loved it! I apppreciated Prestons, as well. And yes on Eddie. He probably lives in a tiny studio (mentioned no master bedroom) and has done nothing with it.

    For those out there musing if Preston is gay or not, he is not. The picture above his dining room fireplace was of a woman in her underwear or bikini. Odd choice for a dining room but not a choice a gay man would make anyway.

  2. #12
    GO BUCKEYES! hutchlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Just moved to Chicago
    Posts
    1,141

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Maybe Preston's bi? (Gotta keep the hope up for Christopherhawke. )

    Anyway, I really liked Ondine's; and what was it w/Jonathan & the pillows?! Geez, Jonathan we know you design them but I was o'ded with pillows with Carisa last year. Ondine made the right choice, yet Nathan did not.

    God was his room ugly! Where was the crazy, wild Nathan? Though that bathroom was hot. And WTF was up with the dual interview making fun of Preston?

    I do think Preston could've opened up a bit and had something non-alcoholic to drink w/them before excusing himself. You have to make the effort in the first place - then they look like the highschoolers, not you.

  3. #13
    FORT Fanatic ChristoferHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    495

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3226092;
    Maybe Preston's bi? (Gotta keep the hope up for Christopherhawke. )

    Anyway, I really liked Ondine's; and what was it w/Jonathan & the pillows?! Geez, Jonathan we know you design them but I was o'ded with pillows with Carisa last year. Ondine made the right choice, yet Nathan did not.

    God was his room ugly! Where was the crazy, wild Nathan? Though that bathroom was hot. And WTF was up with the dual interview making fun of Preston?

    I do think Preston could've opened up a bit and had something non-alcoholic to drink w/them before excusing himself. You have to make the effort in the first place - then they look like the highschoolers, not you.
    Just give me a half hour with the little rascal . . . . . (pause) Preston and I light our imported Turkish delights now . . . . . (pause) And trust me no straight boys wear faux mohawks!

  4. #14
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,328

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3226156;
    Just give me a half hour with the little rascal . . . . . (pause) Preston and I light our imported Turkish delights now . . . . . (pause) And trust me no straight boys wear faux mohawks!
    Indeed. Just ask Dale from Top Chef.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3226156;
    Just give me a half hour with the little rascal . . . . . (pause) Preston and I light our imported Turkish delights now . . . . . (pause) And trust me no straight boys wear faux mohawks!
    Take the needle out of your arm, honey. He has an almost naked woman in his dining room.

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    from Jonathans blog: Speaking of the finale, I can't wait to see it. We filmed during an extreme heat wave and the air conditioning was broken and it was brutal. Watch for a slew of very sultry judges (meow!) and the occasional heat-induced hissy fit. Oh yeah, also watch for a big SURPRISE.
    Looks like we are in for an ejoyable and satisfying ending.

  7. #17
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    This is like my own little personal show-that-could. I have no idea why I like it as much as I do. The contestants aren't all that great or memorable and I rarely like anything they do. I hated all their personal rooms because I'm not a fan of that cluttered look that so many designers seem to love. I actually can't stand seeing all that stuff crammed into an itty bitty room. I like space and lots of it with just a few interesting items.

    Anyways... in spite of all that? I really like this show. I think it's because they so far (this season and last) have managed to cast people I could genuinely like. If I didn't like them, then I found them interesting or amusing (Eddie, Preston). Plus Margaret... what can I say about her? I always look forward to what crazy thing she is going to wear next.

    I'd be happy with any of them winning, not because I think they are great designers (I don't) but because I think they are all great people.

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3226213;
    This is like my own little personal show-that-could. I have no idea why I like it as much as I do. The contestants aren't all that great or memorable and I rarely like anything they do. I hated all their personal rooms because I'm not a fan of that cluttered look that so many designers seem to love. I actually can't stand seeing all that stuff crammed into an itty bitty room. I like space and lots of it with just a few interesting items.

    Anyways... in spite of all that? I really like this show. I think it's because they so far (this season and last) have managed to cast people I could genuinely like. If I didn't like them, then I found them interesting or amusing (Eddie, Preston). Plus Margaret... what can I say about her? I always look forward to what crazy thing she is going to wear next.

    I'd be happy with any of them winning, not because I think they are great designers (I don't) but because I think they are all great people.
    Kelly has the wacky wardrobe, Margaret is as conservative as clothing gets.

    I love this show, absolutely love it.

  9. #19
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    LOL sorry! I, for some reason, can't get their names straight. I was talking about the one who you never know what she will wear or what she will have on her head. The one who is a fan of the "big" hair?

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 10/29 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3226285;
    LOL sorry! I, for some reason, can't get their names straight. I was talking about the one who you never know what she will wear or what she will have on her head. The one who is a fan of the "big" hair?
    I knew exactly who you meant.

    If you haven't read the blogs on the Bravo site, go do that. They are all good this week. Eddie gets trashed by all of them, especially Adler.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.