+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

10/22 Show Discussion Thread

I will get this thread going then take a moment to collect my thoughts.

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread

Can Eddie be any more in love with himself? I'm all for self-confidence, but he takes it to a whole other level!

FORT Fogey

Andrea. I haven't liked her up until now. I was moved by her desire to go home. She is definately out of her league and the stress did not equal her desire to compete. She may go home and rethink her direction. That is the feeling I got, especially when she said she was a mother first. Her participation in this show may have helped her turn a corner to see that a career in decorating is not want she wants afterall. Very sweet woman.

Ondine. She dodged a bullet and was thrilled! I agreed in the decision. Her room was worse than Andrea's though both were lacking. Unless she knocks it out of the park next week I think she will go. When judging they do take past projects into account and she has nothing behind her to lean on. Again, why the dirty hair and no make-up? I wonder if she noticed this when watching herself and if she has made some grooming changes. One would think, but why not make that effort before going on TV. I like her. She is solid and genuine.

Eddie. Oh my. I wonder what Martha thinks of her senior stylist now? Not very good PR. In his mind he should be judging or have Todd's role as mentor. I understand that. His decision to be on this show was not a good one. "If I wanted to be working for Jonathan Adler I would have applied for the job." ZING I love Jonathan Adlers products and do not care for Martha's style in general. I agreed on his win in the quiz, very nice. His dining room was hideous; agreed on that one too. All of them use too much brown for my taste.

Nathan. Jonathan Adlers vacation home in Miami is featured in Metropolitan Home this month; one room is on the cover. I knew instantly that he would je'dore Nathans wacky room. I appreciated the fact that Nathan went wild and crazy but the finnished product was not appealing, to me, even on an art level.

Preston. I don't particularly like him. I don't find him all that attractive either (listens for ChristopherHawk's scream). His rooms are well done but very formal and stiff. They all look like rooms off of a hotel lobby.

I love the guest judge. I cannot remember his name put he is a fabulous, adorable man! I want to know him.

FORT Fogey

In the preview we hear the guest judge say "he has no taste", Margaret defends by saying he just doesn't have your taste. Guest judge then says, "look at how he dresses." With only three men left we can say it isn't Preston for sure. Now does this judge hate preppy (Eddie) or does he dislike funky? The smart money is on Nathan. And it smacks of Nathan going over the top again.

FORT Fogey

The guest judge is Johathan's partner! Oh very cool. How on earth did I miss that? What a great couple; I bet they have a lot of fun together.

peachroses

I think I heard Andrea say last night that the guest Judge was Jonathon's husband.

BTW, I really didn't like any of the rooms last night. Maybe I just lack that high level taste, but the wild wallpaper and overdone accessories really don't do anything for me. I like simple and tastful. For that amount of money, I would think they could have done a lot better. Maybe it was too much money for the task and they all overbought accessories.
    Because I said so ....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by peach;3222129;
    I think I heard Andrea say last night that the guest Judge was Jonathon's husband.

BTW, I really didn't like any of the rooms last night. Maybe I just lack that high level taste, but the wild wallpaper and overdone accessories really don't do anything for me. I like simple and tastful. For that amount of money, I would think they could have done a lot better. Maybe it was too much money for the task and they all overbought accessories.
    If they did simple and tasteful the show would be dull. This is a place where designers can be creative without the limitations of a clients taste. It is more an exercize in going over the edge a bit. Just like runway shows. You rarely see people wearing what designers are putting on the runway. They make clothes to wear, certainly, but that is the time to put on a show in the extreme.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

It was truly and interesting episode. I was surprised at some of the purchases at the design center. There are usually such fabulous finds.... I don't know where they unearthed some of the ugly accessories in their room's last night.

I can understand why Andrea wanted to go home. It would be tough enough being away from her family for any length of time, but under the conditions they are working with, it would be even more unbearable. I think it came to light when she realized her husband was working across the street from the design center and she couldn't go see him.

I was disappointed in Ondine's room. I just didn't seem to click and the colors didn't mesh well. As a set designer, you would think she would have a better eye.

And Eddie, don't get me started. I was so put off by his attitude, which gets worse and more catty each week. Maybe that tainted my opinion of his room, but I don't think it was even up to Martha's standards. It was just boring.

Just a few random thoughts.

FORT Fan

Peach, I'm with you. I really didn't care for any of the rooms either. But I do think Preston's did the best job of highlighting his chandelier. Weren't those chandeliers fabulous? I was appalled by Eddie's room and laughed out loud when Margaret accused him of 'phoning it in'. Touche. (And Martha, if you're reading this: PLEASE reconsider letting him come back. I thought YOU had better taste!)

I think Jeff Lewis is referring to Eddie in the promos for next week. Or maybe just wishful thinking.....

Quote Originally Posted by azluna;3222192;
    I think Jeff Lewis is referring to Eddie in the promos for next week. Or maybe just wishful thinking.....
    That's what I'm hoping for praying for thinking, too, azluna...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast