+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/22 Show Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3223652;
    Can I say how much I love this show? It is just so far above the quality of Design Star that it is unbelievable.
    Agreed. It helps that the designers are so unique and so talented.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3223875;
    If the shell had been on a credenza against a wall, and not in the middle of the coffee table where they were sitting, would they have had such a negative impact? It was just one item among so many. I still don't see why the judges (especially the guest judge) gave it so much weight, when there was so much else to consider. Wall color or furnishings is a much bigger deal to me, because they're less easily fixable.
    Its position put it as a focal point but the same criticism would have been delievered if on the side board. It screamed amature and this show is about professionals. It is their job to pick apart the room and every item is considered.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3224456;
    Its position put it as a focal point but the same criticism would have been delievered if on the side board. It screamed amature and this show is about professionals. It is their job to pick apart the room and every item is considered.
    Honestly, I never noticed the shell. Even after Simon mentioned it, my eyes didn't go there. The first thing I noticed was the peridot light fixture and the wall paper. And that is what the challenge was about. In Nathan's room the chandelier wasn't even noticeable with all the crap he had going on. Preston's - while good - blended too much into the wallpaper. Ondine's stood out, but in a bad way. Eddie's stood out because the room was so incongruous with the chandelier.

I honestly thought Andrea had one of the best rooms this week.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3224907;
    Honestly, I never noticed the shell. Even after Simon mentioned it, my eyes didn't go there. The first thing I noticed was the peridot light fixture and the wall paper. And that is what the challenge was about. In Nathan's room the chandelier wasn't even noticeable with all the crap he had going on. Preston's - while good - blended too much into the wallpaper. Ondine's stood out, but in a bad way. Eddie's stood out because the room was so incongruous with the chandelier.

I agree completely with everything you just posted.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3224907;

I didn't notice it either but I think if we were actually in the room it would have been different. I thought the flowers were real until he mentioned it and I could not see what the vase was made of or its shape. I was speaking from the judges point of view. I think it is probably true with all the rooms. You have to be in them to really appreciate the decor and get the feel of it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I too liked Andrea's room, but I had an inkling that her homesickness might win out for her.
    In a way, it's nice for Andrea that she went home by choice, NOT because she had the worst design.
    She will probably always wonder though, how much further she might have gone if she had stayed.
    I wish her and her family all the best. It seems like she is one of the lucky few in her movie star marriage.

Right now, I'm seeing a possibility for a Preston/Nathan final 2... what does everyone else think for the final 2??

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3225211;
    Right now, I'm seeing a possibility for a Preston/Nathan final 2... what does everyone else think for the final 2??
    That would be my preference, too.

However, unfortunately, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Eddie and his pompous attitude made it into the F2 instead of one of them.

The only one I don't see making it to F2 is Ondine.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3225217;
    However, unfortunately, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Eddie and his pompous attitude made it into the F2 instead of one of them.
    I agree that there is a chance that Eddie might make the F2... but I'm thinking the judges may call him on his granny tendancies soon. Eddie was very lucky he had immunity this week.

I'm thinking either Nathan/Preston or Nathan/Ondine. According to Jonathan's blog, Eddie's antics only get worse this week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123