+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

10/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET/11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Who won and who was eliminated tonight?

I didn't even get to see it, but according to Jonathon's blog at the Bravo site, Nathan won and Teresa is out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Premium Member

Thanks MF . I hate that Nathan won though, really can't stand him or Eddie Ugh.

FORT Fogey

I like Nathan and I can see him winning. He did a fabulous job on the first two challenges he won.

The last challenge in that triathlon was ill concieved. They were all lack luster and not the fault of the designers. It didn't make any sense to me and the budget was too small for any of them to fill their space. Very odd. I still don't really know what the judges expected or what it was all about.

Ondine. I had such high hopes for her but she is not doing well. Her chair, though the judges liked it, was not pleasing from where I sat. It looked silly and very much belonged on a stage set. Not surprising since that is her background. She appears to be out of her league. Her table setting was surprisingly dull. I have done much better on a regular basis. It is not a difficult task.

Andrea. She tells us each week that she is in over her head. She knows she needs more experience and I doubt she will last much longer. Her style is very conservative and lacks punch.

Wisit continues to confuse me.

Eddie. I don't like his catty nature and he is pure Martha. I agree with Jonathan about his granny touches.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

I had the opportunity to chat with Teresa a few weeks ago and she is nothing like the meek, quiet person seen on the show. The schedule they keep and the demands that are made on the contestants makes it very hard for them to do their best work. (Little to no sleep and food.) Her Web site features some drop-dead gorgeous and very inspired work. I felt very bad for her last night, and I saw the proverbial writing on the wall from the catty comments that were made by the other designers.

And, we shouldn't forget, that even though designers have "personal visions," they must cater their works to their clients' whims, tastes and desires. It's a totally different scenario than the show, especially last night's triathlon.

While I'm not necessarily defending what she did, (In fact, I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning with an idea to better her Zen garden display) I can appreciate the difficulty in "Wowing" the judges in such a short period of time and with such a limited budget.

Thanks for letting me rant. Off my soap box now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PHan;3210329;
    I had the opportunity to chat with Teresa a few weeks ago and she is nothing like the meek, quiet person seen on the show. The schedule they keep and the demands that are made on the contestants makes it very hard for them to do their best work. (Little to no sleep and food.) Her Web site features some drop-dead gorgeous and very inspired work. I felt very bad for her last night, and I saw the proverbial writing on the wall from the catty comments that were made by the other designers.

And, we shouldn't forget, that even though designers have "personal visions," they must cater their works to their clients' whims, tastes and desires. It's a totally different scenario than the show, especially last night's triathlon.

While I'm not necessarily defending what she did, (In fact, I woke up at 3 a.m. this morning with an idea to better her Zen garden display) I can appreciate the difficulty in "Wowing" the judges in such a short period of time and with such a limited budget.

Thanks for letting me rant. Off my soap box now.
    I totally get this. can you PM me the link to her site, please? I don't think you can post links yet. I will share it.

As mentioned earlier, it's all about the judges' taste and preferences for any given challenge. For some reason, though, they sure do love Nathan. I'm glad that he didn't win the 3rd 'leg' of the triathalon -- he's smug enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3210056;
    I like Nathan and I can see him winning. He did a fabulous job on the first two challenges he won.

The last challenge in that triathlon was ill concieved. They were all lack luster and not the fault of the designers. It didn't make any sense to me and the budget was too small for any of them to fill their space. Very odd. I still don't really know what the judges expected or what it was all about.

Ondine. I had such high hopes for her but she is not doing well. Her chair, though the judges liked it, was not pleasing from where I sat. It looked silly and very much belonged on a stage set. Not surprising since that is her background. She appears to be out of her league. Her table setting was surprisingly dull. I have done much better on a regular basis. It is not a difficult task.

Andrea. She tells us each week that she is in over her head. She knows she needs more experience and I doubt she will last much longer. Her style is very conservative and lacks punch.

Wisit continues to confuse me.

Eddie. I don't like his catty nature and he is pure Martha. I agree with Jonathan about his granny touches.
    Poor Wisit, I think he's just confused by life!!!

I didn't watch the first few episodes of this since I was disappointed in the original, but I have watched the last few and I like it! Alot more than TD1.

I knew ahead of time that Andrea was Mrs. Ricky, because I remember some early blurb in the media about it. Honestly, she's kind of bland. She has a classic style, but it's boring.

I like Nathan, but I can't stand Eddie. Esp. after his team breaks something in a showroom and his loudmouth braggadacio that "he works for the best". If MS is the best, then I'll settle for being cheap.

+ Reply to Thread