+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3205878;
    I must say I was very dissappointed with the window treatments in the 3 bachelor pads. They left vertical blinds up. Total yuck factor. But what was worse than that was seeing a soft roman shade over a vertical blind in the panty dropping bachelor's bedroom that was a total turn off. While I do think the decopage screens and wallpaper were a clever idea it read more uppper British crust than poor horny law student wanting to score. It was totally against what you could read the bachelor was. Still getting back to the window treatments won't any kind of bamboo shades with curtain panels solved the problem. Not an original idea but it looks smart and it not that expensive and relatively easy to install and involves no building time from a carpenter. Looking at the episode again it is so obvious that Shazia commited a huge cardinal sin of poor time management but she so wanted to have a voice in the design that she shot herself in the perverbial foot. Can't say I will miss her.

Oh, BTW does anyone believe Nathan is 30? He looks way closer to 40 than 30. Must be the world weary ennui he projects.
    I was surprised at the lack of window treatments, as well, and had the same thoughts. The editing may have cut the judges comments about this because it didn't end up mattering.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3205064;
    It seems like Shazia had problems with every group thing, and I think people held previously acquired opinions of her, and tried to shut her out of this challenge. I could understand if Nathan and pretty Preston had a problem with her personal style, or questioned her ability, but they just ignored her. What are your options then, I wonder. I would have done the exact same thing, become verbally abusive and attempted to force them to listen to me. It's very tough, and worse, they know they absolutely ignored her, and then wouldn't admit it. You can hardly blame the entire failure of the room on one idea involving a cornice. Lame lame lame. I still feel like I have no idea what she could do because all of her teammates took control and then complained about her. Sucks, I think she came across as younger than she was, and they pulled the "little sister" treatment on her, and it wasn't fair.

I also don't think she's stereotyping her own people if she points out that there is a limited amount of fields that her relatives/friends think she should have gone into, or worse, MARRIED. I liked her. I have no idea if she was a good designer, and I honestly think that sucks. I think Nathan was a jerk to her, and even worse, he knows he was the leader and he had immunity, and he refused to take responsiblity for it. Lame. You were safe, stupid, it would have been nice if you'd been even a little honest.

Oh well... maybe next week Andrea's face will move, and Wisit won't totally creep me out... oh who am I kidding?
    But, you have to (well, actually you don't HAVE to) admit that Shazia brought all of the enmity of her fellow designers on herself. She was lazy, She left the water running and pretty much ruined that sofa, She projected poor taste and her fellow designers were constantly having to correct her design statements. I think the designers finally reached a point where it was easier to leave her out of the loop than to work with her. I loved what Pretty Preston said when Shazia complained that he told on her to the judges, and preston said, "I didn't say anything that didn't come out of your mouth." and Shazia said, "well you didn't have to bring it up" Trying somehow to shift the blame to Pretty Preston rather than take responsibility. That's one of the things wrong with this country, we are sooooo anxious to blame the victim rather than be responsibility for what we do. Like Ondine who said that her groups win was really a win for Andrea and Wissit and that she was just lucky to be on there team. Very refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3206921;
    But, you have to (well, actually you don't HAVE to) admit that Shazia brought all of the enmity of her fellow designers on herself. She was lazy, She left the water running and pretty much ruined that sofa, She projected poor taste and her fellow designers were constantly having to correct her design statements. I think the designers finally reached a point where it was easier to leave her out of the loop than to work with her. I loved what Pretty Preston said when Shazia complained that he told on her to the judges, and preston said, "I didn't say anything that didn't come out of your mouth." and Shazia said, "well you didn't have to bring it up" Trying somehow to shift the blame to Pretty Preston rather than take responsibility. That's one of the things wrong with this country, we are sooooo anxious to blame the victim rather than be responsibility for what we do. Like Ondine who said that her groups win was really a win for Andrea and Wissit and that she was just lucky to be on there team. Very refreshing.
    I agree Shazia needed to go home at some point sooner rather than later for all the reasons you stated, but that does not exonerate Preston and Nathan, who have consistently been impossible to work with, not only with her. I wouldn't go so far as to say Shazia deserved that treatment - I don't think anyone does. It would be like saying that if a criminal preys on a vulnerable person they are somehow less culpable. Just because she made herself a target does not excuse their behavior.

FORT Fogey

Shazia's exit speech gave me a new found respect for her. She owns her own, successful design firm. It's got to be in their somewhere.....we just never got to see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123