+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I don't like Obi's place...very brown. And I actually like Eddie's team the best.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Wait...What is that I'm hearing? OH! That's the bus being driven right over Shazia.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Premium Member

Did Shazia get eliminated?

Thank you the judges got it right and Shazia was sent home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It seems like Shazia had problems with every group thing, and I think people held previously acquired opinions of her, and tried to shut her out of this challenge. I could understand if Nathan and pretty Preston had a problem with her personal style, or questioned her ability, but they just ignored her. What are your options then, I wonder. I would have done the exact same thing, become verbally abusive and attempted to force them to listen to me. It's very tough, and worse, they know they absolutely ignored her, and then wouldn't admit it. You can hardly blame the entire failure of the room on one idea involving a cornice. Lame lame lame. I still feel like I have no idea what she could do because all of her teammates took control and then complained about her. Sucks, I think she came across as younger than she was, and they pulled the "little sister" treatment on her, and it wasn't fair.

I also don't think she's stereotyping her own people if she points out that there is a limited amount of fields that her relatives/friends think she should have gone into, or worse, MARRIED. I liked her. I have no idea if she was a good designer, and I honestly think that sucks. I think Nathan was a jerk to her, and even worse, he knows he was the leader and he had immunity, and he refused to take responsiblity for it. Lame. You were safe, stupid, it would have been nice if you'd been even a little honest.

Oh well... maybe next week Andrea's face will move, and Wisit won't totally creep me out... oh who am I kidding?
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you donít buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

FORT Fogey

Oh well... maybe next week Andrea's face will move, and Wisit won't totally creep me out... oh who am I kidding?
    Ohhhhhh, this is funny.

I agree with everything you said CourtneyLove.

Ondine was my early favorite and I still hold hope but it is fading. I do not care for botanical prints OR using book pages to wall paper anything. How could they have been so far off? I think most of us watching clearly saw this was not a good choice for a young man's bachelor pad; how could they not have caught that themselves? And the screens! The horror of it all.

I was surprised to see that only one out of the three groups nailed it. I would have anticipated a difficult decision for the judges because of them all looking fabulous. A bachelor pad is so specific in its range that it is hard to comprehend some failed so miserably.

For starters do a sectional without even thinking; great gathering place and perfect for getting close you your date, since there is no where else to sit! They fill the room and instantly radiate party or gathering with snacks on the coffee table.

Last edited by shoepie; 09-25-2008 at 07:29 AM.

I must say I was very dissappointed with the window treatments in the 3 bachelor pads. They left vertical blinds up. Total yuck factor. But what was worse than that was seeing a soft roman shade over a vertical blind in the panty dropping bachelor's bedroom that was a total turn off. While I do think the decopage screens and wallpaper were a clever idea it read more uppper British crust than poor horny law student wanting to score. It was totally against what you could read the bachelor was. Still getting back to the window treatments won't any kind of bamboo shades with curtain panels solved the problem. Not an original idea but it looks smart and it not that expensive and relatively easy to install and involves no building time from a carpenter. Looking at the episode again it is so obvious that Shazia commited a huge cardinal sin of poor time management but she so wanted to have a voice in the design that she shot herself in the perverbial foot. Can't say I will miss her.

Oh, BTW does anyone believe Nathan is 30? He looks way closer to 40 than 30. Must be the world weary ennui he projects.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3205064;
    It seems like Shazia had problems with every group thing, and I think people held previously acquired opinions of her, and tried to shut her out of this challenge. I could understand if Nathan and pretty Preston had a problem with her personal style, or questioned her ability, but they just ignored her. What are your options then, I wonder. I would have done the exact same thing, become verbally abusive and attempted to force them to listen to me. It's very tough, and worse, they know they absolutely ignored her, and then wouldn't admit it. You can hardly blame the entire failure of the room on one idea involving a cornice. Lame lame lame. I still feel like I have no idea what she could do because all of her teammates took control and then complained about her. Sucks, I think she came across as younger than she was, and they pulled the "little sister" treatment on her, and it wasn't fair.
    I didn't particularly like Shazia, but I agree, it wasn't fair what they did to her. However, they have done it time and again and never get called on it. The bald guy did the same thing to the black gal who went home last week. If he and Preston are always so stubborn, unpleasant, and resistant to anyone else's input and yet they never get called out by the judges for being that way, then anyone they work with is just screwed. If they are going to keep giving the designers team challenges, then their teamwork abilities should also be part of the judging criteria!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3206221;
    I didn't particularly like Shazia, but I agree, it wasn't fair what they did to her. However, they have done it time and again and never get called on it. The bald guy did the same thing to the black gal who went home last week. If he and Preston are always so stubborn, unpleasant, and resistant to anyone else's input and yet they never get called out by the judges for being that way, then anyone they work with is just screwed. If they are going to keep giving the designers team challenges, then their teamwork abilities should also be part of the judging criteria!
    ITA. Unfortunately, that is what Shazia was trying to explain to the judges but they wouldn't listen to her. They were stuck on her being unprofessional when it was the two guys who were unprofessional the entire time and she finally broke under extreme exasperation. I thought Eddie went beyond unprofessional at that store but no one called him out on that.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Newbie

I also don't think she's stereotyping her own people if she points out that there is a limited amount of fields that her relatives/friends think she should have gone into, or worse, MARRIED.
    Listen, folks, she's NOT stereotyping. I think Americans are often CLUELESS about how difficult it is for people from the Third World to get green cards and working visas in the U.S. UNLESS you are in certain fields. The reason that Pakistanis and Indians are doctors, engineers and to a lesser extent, lawyers, is that THEY CAN GET U.S. VISAS that way! The U.S. is happy to let in Third World people with SKILLS IN NEED in the U.S. Corporations are happy to sponsor Indian and Pakistani computer engineers, for example, because they accept lower salaries and don't have "family issues." Even the Muslim engineer women I know bring their elderly parents over to raise the children so they can continue working full-time. Very common. And once the parents have achieved the good American life, the last thing they want is for their children to become "artists." (Just like all good immigrant parents).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast