+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/17 Show Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/17 Show Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

Noooooo! Not Big Daddy! He really never got a chance to shine. Although I do have admit that he is WAY to accomodating of his partners. He needed to be more vocal about his desires, and certainly more of a leader in tonight's challenge. Wisit doesn't seem to have any sense of urgency about anything. He seems content just flitting about being effeminate and coy. His choices tonight were horrible. And even though Big Daddy knew it, he should have shut him down. Seems like the old adage of "Nice guys finish last" came true tonight.

I'm a reality tv freak, and out of zillions of shows, Big Daddy is the most dignified contestant I have EVER seen.

LOVE HIM!!!
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-18-2008 at 01:14 AM.

FORT Fogey

Oops. Jerrell over at Project Runway is pretty darn dignified, too, I think.

FORT Fogey

Kerry and Wisit. Here is the link to Kerry's website. Howard House Interiors - Kerry Howard and Lyndsy Woods
    The right guy went home. His work lacks any spark of creativity, for me. Each picture looks like a page from a furniture catalog. His inability to put his foot down with the least aggressive contestant was unforgivable! I wanted to drop kick both of them to Jesus! That window was a mess.

Preston and Andrea. This was my favorite window. Loved the simplicity. Daniel really designed it; they had little to do other than carry out his color scheme and vision.

Nathan and Shaz. I am glad Nathan survived. He and Ondine are my favorite designers. Shaz' days are numbered. Another mess of a window. I agree with Nathan that the dress was a "Debbie downer". Johathan gave a very important piece of information they all should have had before they began. That being, highlight the garment first, THEN work a theme into it. And Andre, is that the best piece you had?

Ondine and Natalie. I think you had to see that window in person to appreciate it. It looked busy to me with all the mirrors of whatever was in the frames. The butterflies were lovely and clearly wowed the judges.

Next week looks good. I love the challenge and a little drama never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3200563;
    Bald man, aka Nathan is only 30??/ he looks 43, and it's not just because he's bald... he looks old. He and Shazia are the same age, and seriously.. he could be her uncle.
    Wow, I missed the comment about his age. I was half-watching and half-making sure my kids had their homework done! That makes him younger than me, which scares me because I don't think I look THAT old!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3200563;
    Did I mention that the Neck O Darkness looks like a homeless meth user? He just looks insane with the big 'stache and general unkempt look...
    I think my dad had that mustache for a while in the 70s!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Eddy and Teresa gave Santino the goth/venetian masquerade he wanted, but perhaps went too literal. You can make something dark and gothic without having to paint everything black (yes I know there was pink there, but the mannequin was in a black outfit, placed in front of black panels/mirrors. I'm constantly frustrated when I see this. Mirrors in general don't work that well for window display designs. At night, instead of reflecting light back in to the space, they become black holes that swallow it up.

Preston and Mrs. Ricky Schroder (I thought I should point that out since last night the editors forgot to make sure it was mentioned) were pretty lucky in that Daniel Franco had a pretty clear idea of what he wanted in his window, and provided a poem that literally spelled it out (black branches, sparkling gold sand, etc). To the designer's credit, they kept it simple.

Nathan and Shaz on the other hand had Andrae's typically confusing brief to work from. The designers though did get the general idea that he wanted to convey (from chaos comes order), yet failed to do anything but gather a lot of bad luck by breaking all those mirrors. I think blaming the dress was lame.

Ondine and Natalie did a pretty good, if somewhat over designed window for Sweet Pea (I loved the dress). Just the large venetian mirror (leaning against the wall so it catches the overhead light, the only time a mirror was used correctly in this challenge), the butterflies and the chair would have given the scene a story, yet allowed the focus to be on the dress, in my opinion.

That leaves Wisit and Big Daddy, working for the Neck from Hell. Sadly, I have to say that Jeffery gave them a pretty clear idea of his vision, unfortunately neither designer had ever seen "Blade Runner" (HERESY! though personally I didn't see the connection from his blue velvet booby-rific pant suit). In the real world, if a you were given a design brief referencing something you didn't know about you'd just google it, but on a reality tv show they're living a sequestered life so that's out of the question. Wisit, poor, poor Wisit just wouldn't let go of the rococo. I know he wanted to make sure there was something of himself in the space, but he really should have come up with something else. Then painting out the windows to cover the wallpaper, just one mistake after another.
    I do appreciate that when it it came down to it, they both took the blame, unlike Nathan....
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3200985;
    That leaves Wisit and Big Daddy, working for the Neck from Hell. Sadly, I have to say that Jeffery gave them a pretty clear idea of his vision, unfortunately neither designer had ever seen "Blade Runner" (HERESY! though personally I didn't see the connection from his blue velvet booby-rific pant suit).
    You know, by the time I got to the end I had completely forgotten that Jeffery had mentioned Blade Runner. They were even further off track than I had realized. That wallpaper Wisit picked really should have gotten the boot, it was anti-Blade Runner!

FORT Fogey

I love Daniel Franco as a designer - and as person. He's one of a small handful of designers wth true talent who didn't win their season of Project Runway. I'm glad to see him so upbeat. Things must be going well for him.

Same with Sweat Pea. Her designs may not be runway-ish, but the are beautiful and something I could easily see at Macy's. I would buy hers and Daniel's clothes. And, both of their designs tonight were just gorgeous. I like the dresses of the others as well; they were just a bit to dark for this type of challenge.

They all looked happy! I hope for the best for all of them. They are each good in their own areas.

I think the judges picked the right winners this week. Both windows were amazing.

I wish Kerry had been saved and Shiva sent home instead.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3202037;
    I wish Kerry had been saved and Shiva sent home instead.

They have her in their rifle sight. I don't think either stood a chance to win so it was just a matter of time. Did you check out the link to Kerry's site that I posted a few back? Not all that inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom;3200985;
    Mrs. Ricky Schroder (I thought I should point that out since last night the editors forgot to make sure it was mentioned)
    Oh, they played her sound bite, all right. I had a long discussion with Hubby about it, pointing out that if she wants to stand on her own and be seen apart from her husband, she should stop starting every sentence with "Ricky Schroder is my husband"! I could not tell if it was anew comment or the same one they played before, however. She could just be repeating herself endlessly, or they could be replaying it for comic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3200997;
    You know, by the time I got to the end I had completely forgotten that Jeffery had mentioned Blade Runner. They were even further off track than I had realized. That wallpaper Wisit picked really should have gotten the boot, it was anti-Blade Runner!
    Blade Runner is one of the top movies of all time. How anyone could not even know it, even if they hadn't seen it (and everyone should see it several times!) is beyond me. I could see how Tattoo Neck's outfit (Hubby's name for Jeffrey) would have made more sense in a Blade Runner scene, although if you remember the movie it was not minimalist modern but rather a mishmash of many old styles and cultures. That ornate apartment building was some kind of famous LA landmark. That movie had so much style, it should be easy for anyone to look good by referencing it. And yet they managed to screw it up. The boob comment from the judges was hilarious, and true. Lucky for Jeffrey he wasn't being judged. I was sorry to see Big Daddy go for having the integrity to take the blame, when Wisit should have gone!

I can't find the quote of whoever said Santino's window looked like V for Vendetta, but they hit the nail on the head with their comment. That was the movie that was faithfully portrayed, and they weren't even trying, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3201348;
    I love Daniel Franco as a designer - and as person. He's one of a small handful of designers wth true talent who didn't win their season of Project Runway. I'm glad to see him so upbeat. Things must be going well for him.
    Same with Sweat Pea. Her designs may not be runway-ish, but the are beautiful and something I could easily see at Macy's. I would buy hers and Daniel's clothes. And, both of their designs tonight were just gorgeous. ...
    I think the judges picked the right winners this week. Both windows were amazing.
    Daniel must have been pleased by all the well-deserved praise for his awesome dress. We always liked Sweet Pea, too, and thought her window was pretty and professional looking.
    Last edited by Harvest; 09-21-2008 at 10:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12