+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/10 Show Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/10 Show Discussion *Possible Spoilers*

Johnathan's blog is always a good read.

Top Design: jonathan adler - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site

Angel Dust and Armageddon
    Was I smoking Angel Dust or did Natalie say something about the world coming to an end because the Chinese might bomb us to avenge Hiroshima? Granted, Natalie's history snafu seemed a bit more Sunset Tan than Top Design, but I am always up for a bit of reality TV idiocy and Natalie delivered. Paging Joel McHale. Thank you Natalie for your priceless quote!
    Last edited by shoepie; 09-12-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3196801;
    Johnathan's blog is always a good read.

Top Design: jonathan adler - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site

Angel Dust and Armageddon
    Was I smoking Angel Dust or did Natalie say something about the world coming to an end because the Chinese might bomb us to avenge Hiroshima? Granted, Natalie's history snafu seemed a bit more Sunset Tan than Top Design, but I am always up for a bit of reality TV idiocy and Natalie delivered. Paging Joel McHale. Thank you Natalie for your priceless quote!
    You were not smoking the ganja. That's what she said. Ah the wonders of American Education.

That competition confused me, too. I was thinking space-saving techniques, folding TV screens against walls, and flipping beds up against walls, like they do on aircraft carriers. Even bunk beds would make more sense. If that was all the space you had, you'd need to maximize every inch. And where's the kitchen? A place to eat, but no food. Sorry, Charlie.

Wow, I had no idea the Chinese would want to avenge the honor of their centuries-old enemy, Japan. Who'd a thunk it!

I find it hard to believe they built that place for the show. Parts of the brick wall were deteriorating toward the bottom. It looked old.

Some of the color choices seemed pretty institutional to me, one of the light greens and that pink in Wisit's room. Blech. Hospital/mental institution/Army base colors -- just what you don't want in a bunker.

I think this show has finally come together. The first season was quite hard to take, thankfully the producers made some needed changes and by season 2's bunker episode you can really tell the quality of the show has improved, that and the challenge was quite fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3197421;
    I think this show has finally come together. The first season was quite hard to take, thankfully the producers made some needed changes and by season 2's bunker episode you can really tell the quality of the show has improved, that and the challenge was quite fun.
    I agree. Both challenges thus far have been great and I am excited to see what comes next. I hunger for more and better decorating shows and this has delivered.

HGTV needs add a competiton shows to it's roster. It needs to get rid of some too! I particularly liked the idea of decorating an empty loft on a low budget. Summer Showdown was terrible but the concept was good.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I agree that this week's bunker challenge was a very interesting one, and I just loved the winning design. The room was beautiful. The judges were spot on with their comments.
    I too was looking for some murphy beds, some shelving to store canned food on, and a hot plate... more Ikea type stuff where they have floor to ceiling cabinets and lots of multi-tasking items (its a desk/dining table, it's a bench but it has storage inside etc).
    I guess the designers focused more on making it pretty than making it functional.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123