+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: 9/3 Show Discussion (Season Premiere) **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion (Season Premiere) **SPOILERS**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET/11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-03-2008 at 10:20 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Wow, no one's here? I'm just watching the last 7 minutes so I don't know about this show yet. I do like that the judges visit the actual rooms and don't view them only over a monitor like on Design Star.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I'm still kind of unsure about this show. I love interior design, and have respect for the judges and hosts, but I don't always think they get TV audiences. They started off with a good challenge, as designing on a limited budget is far more relatable for most than "signing out" high dollar pieces from a design center. Todd Oldham seemed to have lost some of his "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood-ness" that he seemed to have previously.

From the previews for the season, I guess I'll have to tune in just to see Kelly Wearstler's ridiculous hair and clothes.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 09-04-2008 at 03:26 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Don't tell us the premiere is 75 miutes long. Big Duh! I like the new host, India Hicks. Who was the last one? I can't even remember?

Opinonated designers good, hopefully that will make for a good show. Andrea Shroeder, bit of a chip there or just incredibly frustrated with her 2 incompetent teammates. Serge, I think Jonathan said it best, it's OK to go outside the box as long as you know what the rules were. What's with the weird angle of the mirror. I think Serge was trying too hard. As for Shiz, how about not trying hard enough. As for Robert, the time management guru, who didn't have enough time to build some lamps. I think he is lucky he is still here. Anal much. After the poor showing this season's HGTV's Design Star I hope this show can stand up to the plate and be this year's Top Design Show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3188244;
    Wow, no one's here? I'm just watching the last 7 minutes so I don't know about this show yet. I do like that the judges visit the actual rooms and don't view them only over a monitor like on Design Star.
    Maybe this is not the right way to do this but I will post it anyway to see what others think.

In my case (East coast) I can't wait until 2am or next day (usually after work, when the excitement has wear off) to make a post.

I would like to know why some threads are open from their ET showing (like Survivor, Big Brother, AR etc.) and others have to wait?

I understand not wanting to spoil the show/results to the casual visitor who hasn't seen the show on his time zone but at the same time it's hurting others who had and would like to contribute to the discussion.

When I recorded a show for later viewing I know better than to go online to places where I know I could find out.

And now about the episode.

After the disappointing season of Design Star, I was waiting for this show to be back!

I like the changes so far. I felt that the camera work when showing the results was a bit lacking (maybe better lighting and angles,) but I enjoyed the episode nevertheless. Until we see more of each designers work I would have to reserve judgement on their abilities but so far they kind of know what they are doing in some cases.

I hope they keep the challenges fun. Some of the designers seen like a lot of fun. Go Kerry!

Last season I lost interest in this show, so I'm hoping I enjoy this one more.

I do like the new host.

So far, I like the Asian guy. His calm demeanor was very refreshing after watching gobs of frantic reality television contestants!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3188481;
    Last season I lost interest in this show, so I'm hoping I enjoy this one more.

I do like the new host.

So far, I like the Asian guy. His calm demeanor was very refreshing after watching gobs of frantic reality television contestants!
    Yeah, Wisit, was totally calm and collected under pressure, wow, I wish I could do that. I am more the headless chicken when working under pressure.

BTW was he actually singing soprano last night??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3188531;
    Yeah, Wisit, was totally calm and collected under pressure, wow, I wish I could do that. I am more the headless chicken when working under pressure.

BTW was he actually singing soprano last night??
    Wisit - that's him. Someone on the show said his name last night and it came out sounding like "wizard" - the way the guys on that Alltel commercial say it!

I think he really was singing soprano - that blew me away!

I am loving the new season so far. I love that they have put Todd in a more "mentor" type role (a la Tim). He seemed to really be more at home with that position and he really wasn't that good at hosting. My only problem with India is I really hope that she is not going to constantly refer to her "father, the late and great designer Michael Hicks" all the time. That would drive me nuts more so than Todd's dribble talk from last season.

I am looking forward to this season !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast