+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: 9/3 Show Discussion (Season Premiere) **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/3 Show Discussion (Season Premiere) **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3188347;
    Maybe this is not the right way to do this but I will post it anyway to see what others think.

In my case (East coast) I can't wait until 2am or next day (usually after work, when the excitement has wear off) to make a post.

I would like to know why some threads are open from their ET showing (like Survivor, Big Brother, AR etc.) and others have to wait?

I understand not wanting to spoil the show/results to the casual visitor who hasn't seen the show on his time zone but at the same time it's hurting others who had and would like to contribute to the discussion.

When I recorded a show for later viewing I know better than to go online to places where I know I could find out.
    I'm not sure I understand what your questions mean, since I am primarily a lurker. You can post in the spoilers thread all you want before 2 AM, but you can't go to another thread (e.g. Serge's thread) and say, "gee, Serge was an idiot for putting the mirror at an angle, wasn't he?" So all show discussion is kept just to the spoilers/show discussion thread until everyone in the lower 48 has had a chance to watch the show.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3188658;
    My only problem with India is I really hope that she is not going to constantly refer to her "father, the late and great designer Michael Hicks" all the time. That would drive me nuts more so than Todd's dribble talk from last season.

I am looking forward to this season !
    That would be David Hicks, who is in the Design Hall of Fame.

Interior Design HallofFame_Designers

While her main claim to fame is as a fashion model, she has also put out a book on Island inspired interior design. I do agree though that if her role on the show is just to pay tribute to her father every time she opens her mouth, it will get old fast.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City;3188729;
    I'm not sure I understand what your questions mean, since I am primarily a lurker. You can post in the spoilers thread all you want before 2 AM, but you can't go to another thread (e.g. Serge's thread) and say, "gee, Serge was an idiot for putting the mirror at an angle, wasn't he?" So all show discussion is kept just to the spoilers/show discussion thread until everyone in the lower 48 has had a chance to watch the show.
    Oh, I came to the show section last night during and after the episode and like you mention most threads were locked and this one (discussion) had the "Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET/11PM PT."

Okay, somebody better take Andrea Schroeder out back and slap her around a little. What a pompous, arrogant, B--CH she is. I thought it was appropriate that Mrs. Schroeder's team came in last, what with her "incredible" team work skills. And for some one who doesn't want anyone to know she is married to Ricky, she sure flashes his picture around a lot. She mentioned that she was amazed that people could recognize him from the back, but the actual photo she was passing around showed him in profile. Granted a shower scene would have been better, but you can't get everything you want. Advice to every cast member except Ms. Schroeder. DON'T TRUST HER! She will sell you out so fast your head will spin. She will cheat and lie and throw you under the bus at every turn.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3188989;
    Oh, I came to the show section last night during and after the episode and like you mention most threads were locked and this one (discussion) had the "Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET/11PM PT."
    Yes, the Mods failed to unlock the threads at the appropriate time, it happens though.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm glad Top Design is back! The challenges seem so much more interesting than the ones on Design Star. I think the right person went home (did not like Serge's design aesthetic at all). The winning team's design was very nice. It actually looked like you could live there. I'm surprised that only one team seemed to have recovered the sofa... they were allowed to order lots of fabric, so why didn't they order fabric for the sofa? I was kind of sorry for the all male team where noone knew how to sew... pillows and window treatments are VERY easy to make as long as you have some basic sewing skills. Maybe some of them will get some sewing lessons after the show?
    Right now it seems like Shazia is one of the weakest designers there and probably won't last long.

FORT Fogey

What a great start!

I love India and can easily overlook references to her father. India did a fabulous job. She can carry the show and adds design skillls to the mix. Excellent choice. Todd was not up for the job and it is nice to see him in a mentor position. They need both.

Kelly. I adore her over the top sense of style! I could watch her everyday just to see how she presents herself. She is an art piece. The design work she does is phenomenal. The outfits she wears during the judging are, of course, much more over the top than in her daily life. She is always stylish and cutting edge, though. Rather than thinking she looks ridiculous try to see her as living gallery exibit.

Andrea. What was Ricky Schroeder on? He is a blip in my memory. Struggling to get out of the shadow cast by Ricky? Really? How big is the shadow and how harrowing the struggle? Just don't take a picture of him with you, for cryin' out loud. Or do you really want everyone to know?

It is too early to know who is going to step out of the pack but I they did make the correct decision in letting Serge go. I thought it was a curious deciscion to lay a laminate floor with such a limited budget and time crunch. They probably asked and it was Serge's idea. I wish these shows were 90 minutes so we could see more of the judging process.

I would have concentrated on creating huge pieces of art by taping off color blocks on the walls and using that as a canvas. The only expenditure would be paint and the time involved reasonable for someone artistic. It would have made the rooms feel full. Buy the biggest couch you could afford/find, some white sheets at a box store and staple them on. These things did not have to last long. Just get that room feeling full as quickly as possible. Buy a cheap dining table and cut the legs off for a huge coffee table to command attention in the living room. There are so many things I was yelling at my TV!

Certainly go for hot pink abstract wall art for Margaret above the white couch. Green palm fronds for India. It would have done the trick.

Washing the couch cover was ridiculous. It took way too much time and didnt look good anyway! Andrea was way off base with this one.

This show is already looking 100% better than their first season. I love the pop quizes too. Great idea for them to shine as individuals while the team challenges are going on.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    love the pop quizes too. Great idea for them to shine as individuals while the team challenges are going on.
    I too thought the pop design challenge was an amazing idea. I complain all of the time about group challenges, and how it is very hard for the individuals to show their own perspective. The pop challenge was a perfect way for the judges to get more insight into the individuals. I look forward to more of them.

Re: Ricky Schroeder - he was quite a big child star back in the late 70's/early 80's. His debut was in a movie called "The Champ", he followed this with a few more movies and went on to star in a TV Show called "Silver Spoons" which ran for a few years. More recently, he was on NYPD Blue for 3 years.

I too was confused why Mrs Schroeder would tell the camera that she was Ricky's wife but trying to define her own identity, while she said nothing to her roommate. Seems backwards to me.

I DVR'd the show and when I watched my tape it cut off early, and I never found out who left last night. I'm retaping another showing, but it looks to only be 1 hour long. Can/would anyone tell me who left last night.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3190211;
    I DVR'd the show and when I watched my tape it cut off early, and I never found out who left last night. I'm retaping another showing, but it looks to only be 1 hour long. Can/would anyone tell me who left last night.
    It was Serge who left. The guy who put in the hardwood floor and left the mirror askew on the floor in India's room.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast