+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jonathan Adler, Judge Top Design 2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jonathan Adler, Judge Top Design 2

Jonathan Adler, Judge

Returning to the judges' panel for Top Design's second season is Jonathan Adler. Since receiving his first order for pottery from Barneys New York fifteen years ago, Adler's eponymous company has grown to become an internationally recognized lifestyle and home furnishings brand offering tabletop, bedding, bath accessories, furniture, rugs, pillows and lighting.

Adler is known for a design aesthetic which pairs modernist forms with bold colors and groovy graphics. The company motto, "If your heirs won't fight over it, we won't make it," reflects Adler's commitment to impeccable craftsmanship and panache.

Adler has seven company-operated stores nationwide as well as a thriving consumer website. Through its wholesale division, the company sells its groovy home décor in over 1,000 locations worldwide. Additionally, Adler is one of the country's leading interior designers, working on luxury residential projects as well as large-scale commercial projects, including the celebrity hot spot Parker Palm Springs hotel.

Top Design: Bios - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Jonathan Adler, Judge Top Design 2

One of the things that bothered me the most about the first season of TD would be when Jonathan would look at whoever got the boot and would say, "See you later, decorator"...ugh...talk about cheesy...

FORT Fogey

Re: Jonathan Adler, Judge Top Design 2

In one of his blogs last season he talked about how that expression came to be. I have forgotten the story but it was cute and spontaneous and it stuck. It is so corny I kind of grew to like it.

Someone, the host perhaps, called his clothes, adult toddler. Now, that was hysterical and so true!

+ Reply to Thread