+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Wearstler, Judge – Top Design 2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Kelly Wearstler, Judge – Top Design 2

Kelly Wearstler, Judge

Recognized among design aficionados and contemporary culture devotees for her enchanting take on interiors and the luxury lifestyle, Kelly Wearstler has fine-tuned contemporary notions of elegance since establishing her firm, Kelly Wearstler Inc., a decade ago. She returns to sit on the panel of judges for the second season of Top Design.

Dubbed one of the design world's top tastemakers by House & Garden and honored among House Beautiful's best designers for seven years running, Wearstler has re-imagined the visual landscape on a diverse array of award-winning projects. In addition to international resorts and hotels throughout the United States, the Caribbean and Mexico, she has designed select offices, restaurants, retail environments and residences that are frequently profiled in travel, lifestyle and business publications and continually magnetize design cognoscenti around the world. Currently, Wearstler is preparing the lifestyle and design experiences for six hotel residence projects, which are underway in Miami, Anguilla, Mexico's Riviera Maya and Vietnam.

Wearstler's debut monograph Modern Glamour: The Art of Unexpected Style was a Los Angeles Times bestseller. A follow-up book for Regan Books, titled Domicilium Decoratus, featuring the designer's former Beverly Hills residence, was initially published in 2005 as a deluxe, limited-edition folio; a general edition followed in 2006. Several additional volumes on design and lifestyle are underway for publication as the decade continues. A regular contributor on living with style to such fashion bibles as Harper's Bazaar, Elle and W, Wearstler was named one of the best dressed of 2007 by Vogue.

As the namesake and creator of several product lines, Wearstler enjoys sharing her signature style with design professionals and discriminating retail shoppers. Fall 2007 marked the opening of the Kelly Wearstler boutique at Bergdorf Goodman. The boutique showcases a range of decorative home accessories designed by Wearstler exclusively for the legendary store. An extensive collection of handmade carpets for The Rug Company debuted in Spring 2008, with a fabric and trim collection for Groundworks at Lee Jofa to follow in Summer/Fall 2008. Wearstler will also design a book of fine wallcoverings with famed hand printer Cole & Son, set to debut in early 2009. Decorative pillows, throws, table linens, bedding, tabletop and more will soon join this portfolio of home products.

A native of South Carolina, Wearstler received her BFA from the Massachusetts College of Art. She resides in Beverly Hills, California.

Top Design: Bios - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Kelly Wearstler, Judge – Top Design 2

Um, could she be wearing any more jewelry?

FORT Fogey

I love this woman's design sensibilities. Love them. Clearly this was an photo for art sake! I love the necklace look though, even though the stylist pushed the concept over the top for this shoot.

I find it fascinating that her official bio doesn't include the fact that she used to be known as "Miss September". That's right! She worked for Hef.

She shouldn't be ashamed of it. I just Googled the pictures and she looked great, and she's certainly made a pretty good career for herself since then, beyond that.

Her centerfold was even briefly shown in the movie "Welcome to the Dollhouse" hanging in someone's locker! (I actually have never seen that movie, but her Wikipedia page points it out)

Actually, Google uncovers another nugget. It has a direct link to her "bio" page on Playboy.com and right there under her "Ambitions", from 1994 -- "AMBITIONS:
    To own my own marvelous design and furnishings business
    ." Which she did, in spades, so good for her.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-04-2008 at 07:55 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Somebody needs to get this woman on What Not to Wear. Anyone who'll wear an evening gown over a t-shirt and trousers (last season) is in serious need of Stacy and Clinton's help.
    "If you want the girl next door, go next door."
    Joan Crawford

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince;3189142;
    Somebody needs to get this woman on What Not to Wear. Anyone who'll wear an evening gown over a t-shirt and trousers (last season) is in serious need of Stacy and Clinton's help.
    How she presents herself during the judging segments is all about art. If you view her clothing as street wear you are missing the point. She is creative and extends that to her costuming.

Notice what she wore in the loft while discussing her plan with her team. She wore a dynamite gray cropped jacket, slim black pants and accessories that would work in most any setting.

I adore her design sensibilites in interiors and her personal sense of style. Just go with it and enjoy Kelly as art.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Prince;3189142;

Oh one withering look from her, and S&C would back down pronto. She holds back, but you can tell if provoked... she'd cut somebody.

I find it odd that she had design aspirations even when posing for playboy. I honestly wish I hadn't known about it, it's so hard to take someone seriously when you've seen their bush.
    "Man is Elyse [top model] ever thin. Makes me want to go to the gym. Right after I eat my sandwich." - Giz
    "Every time you don’t buy CoverGirl cosmetics, Jesus cries" - SnowflakeGirl
    "And I'm also tired of people saying "OMG I'LL NEVER WATCH AGAIINNN". Come on now. ANTM is cocaine and you are the lindsay lohans who crave it" - queenegoist

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLove;3191723;
    I find it odd that she had design aspirations even when posing for playboy. I honestly wish I hadn't known about it, it's so hard to take someone seriously when you've seen their bush.
    Playboy pays well and many, now successful and respected women, posed for this mag. No shame in that from where I sit.

And LOL@ your last sentence.

Hey! They were very artistic nekkid shots!

Google 'em (with the family filter off) if you doubt me!

You might have more success under the name "Kelly Gallagher", which is the name she apparently used at the time.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Who dresses this woman?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast