+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preston - Top Design 2

Re: Preston - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3202807;
    Are you sure he's gay? From what I've heard, he isn't sure himself. As for myself, I prefer to have crushes on straight guys. As soon as I find out one is gay, the crush fades away (as if I'd ever have a chance in either case - but one can fantasize). Preston is a sexy pretty boy and I am shallow, so I tend to favor handsome men. Actually, so far that's my only reason for wanting him to win (boy I am shallow).
    I read that he finally came out but I don't know how reliable the source was as I don't even remember what the source was
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3202794;
    Is this guy gay or straight? He looks like he could be gay (or metrosexual), but acts very masculine - much more so than any of the other men. Secretly hope he's straight 'cause I have a little crush. But, if not - oh well he is a good designer and seems to work well with a partner or in a group. So far, he's my favorite, along with Andrea and the young blond girl with short hair.
    Love the honesty! You go girl! Be who you are!

FORT Fogey

This guy is impossible to read. He appears aloof but said he didn't open up to people easily so I think he is just shy. I really have no opinion. His designs don't wow me though they are well done. His work seems very stiff and he is a bit stiff himself.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

It is interesting that each week he states how his style is more "masculine" than the other designers. His style each week is masculine hotel. It would be interesting to see him design something outside of his comfort zone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3225218;
    It is interesting that each week he states how his style is more "masculine" than the other designers. His style each week is masculine hotel. It would be interesting to see him design something outside of his comfort zone.
    I agree. His own home is the same way. They are stunning rooms but not user friendly.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I like the organized feel that Preston creates. His style is clean . . . nothing wrong with that. I suspect a touch of OCD, but he isn't manic about it.

He's been a favorite from the beginning and I hope he wins.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3227262;
    I like the organized feel that Preston creates. His style is clean . . . nothing wrong with that. I suspect a touch of OCD, but he isn't manic about it.

He's been a favorite from the beginning and I hope he wins
    I hope he wins too. I don't think Ondine is really in the running and Nathan is a bitch. Preston has managed to do his thing and win challenges without being nasty to anyone.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3227853;
    I hope he wins too. I don't think Ondine is really in the running and Nathan is a bitch. Preston has managed to do his thing and win challenges without being nasty to anyone.
    I second that. He just does his own thing and doesn't speak against anyone else. A classy guy with great style and talent.

I'll jump on this bandwagon I hope Preston wins. Admittedly, he has the personality of a chair...but kind of sweet.

Plus, his rooms are gorgeous, clean feel, but he adds a punch of color that warms it up.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

FORT Fogey

I can appreciate Nathan's need for down time. I'm alot like that. I need time alone to be my best the rest of the day. I applaud his ability to take time for himself, or should I say "make" time for himself during the show. He took care of himself and did what he knew he needed to do to move forward.

I'm hoping that when the other designers see the show, they appreciate this in Preston as well.

Also, I absolutely LOVE Preston as a designer. He is so amazingly precise with his designs, and they are always spot on. I love hearing why he chooses things the way he does, e.g. he used a mirror instead of portrait because a portrait conflicted with the wallpaper, etc.

He really thinks things out and always make sound decisions.

Now that I think about it, I kind of disagree with the judges about his need to add a punch. I think his beautifully and perfectly executed work IS the punch. It's just amazing.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-06-2008 at 12:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast