+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nathan - Top Design 2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Nathan - Top Design 2

Nathan
    Denver, Colo.

Originally from Denver, Colo., Nathan was exposed to blueprints and drafting tools at a very young age, by his mother who worked at an architecture firm. His passion for design was instinctual and he always yearned to see more art and architecture. Although he had a love for design, Nathan originally entered college thinking that he was interested in science, but it didn't take long for his true passion in the arts to come through. He became inspired by photography, drawn to the art of manipulating space and time. To further his education in the arts, Nathan transferred to Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, N.Y. in their interior design program, transferring again shortly thereafter to the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City, where he received his BFA in interior design. Following graduation, Nathan went on to become a Junior Designer at Alexandra Champalimaud & Associates, where his projects included The New York Palace Hotel and The Marriot Financial Center. Nathan is currently a Senior Designer at Nathan Egan Interiors, where he focuses on high-end residential work from Manhattan to the East End. He is inspired by the world around him and finds beauty and inspiration everyday.

Top Design: Bios - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Nathan - Top Design 2

In this picture he looks more like 40 than 30.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I agree...he looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy older than 40...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

His shadow box challenge was awful. Not ashamed at all to admit I do not get the connection between razor blades, a half-eaten apple and Jesus!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I thought that after the shadow box incident, this guy was a poser (to borrow phrase from PR's Kenley). However, I think he is hitting his stride and doing quite well.

I missed the episode in which he won but what I saw last night on the eco-challenge was wonderful. I LOVE that he is outside of the box. All the other designers can make anything pretty, but this guy can make anything pretty AND interesting.

I love that he is not afraid to take chances. The fabric tube as a curtain rod, the yellow horses, and esp. the fabric art to tie it all together were things the other designers would never be brave enough to display. Although quite lovely inside, they are trapped in the box.

I actually thought the fabric tube as a curtain rod was ugly and cheap looking and TACKY. If I were the client, I would demand my money back. I really don't like any of the designs he's done in any way at all.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

My mom and I both really hate everything that he has done so far and we were discussing it last night. I was saying that I didn't understand why he wins everything and my mom said that it's because Jonathon Adler has a crush on him. Of course she was joking but we were totally My mom is so cute!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3215364;
    I actually thought the fabric tube as a curtain rod was ugly and cheap looking and TACKY. If I were the client, I would demand my money back.
    Nathan with the curtain rod, Ondine with the plastic bottle light and Eddie with the carpet pad "got" the challenge. No one would actually do these things for a client. The challenges can be literal and this one was. One of the rules was to recycle everything and anything you could. Those things were goofs in a way, carrying it to an extreme, for fun.

I like Nathan and much of what he has done.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3220421;
    My mom and I both really hate everything that he has done so far and we were discussing it last night. I was saying that I didn't understand why he wins everything and my mom said that it's because Jonathon Adler has a crush on him. Of course she was joking but we were totally My mom is so cute!
    I tend to agree. I don't understand why the judges are so sold on him and keep giving him the wins. His table decor was just putting a bunch of stuff on the table, piling it up and calling it a picnic table and he won! I was amazed at that when some of the others were so stunning and the judges called them predictible and boring. I like Eddie and Preston's stuff better and I think Andrea has a lot of talent, if a little predictible.

FORT Fogey

Always a lone cowboy...Nathan and Ondine are my favorites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast