+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nathan - Top Design 2

Re: Nathan - Top Design 2

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3221057;
    I tend to agree. I don't understand why the judges are so sold on him and keep giving him the wins. His table decor was just putting a bunch of stuff on the table, piling it up and calling it a picnic table and he won! I was amazed at that when some of the others were so stunning and the judges called them predictible and boring. I like Eddie and Preston's stuff better and I think Andrea has a lot of talent, if a little predictible.
    I also agree. I actually came to this site to see if anyone knew why he was doing so well, like did he know someone or something. I don't really see it in his designs.

FORT Fogey

I like Nathan and his design sensibilities. His room last night did not appeal to me but I loved that he did crazy. That room reflected how I think of Kelly's outfits. It is using a room as an art form. You wouldn't give that to a client but you could tone it down and make a cool room from the idea concept. He brings joy to this show, for me.

FORT Fogey

LOVED Nathan's room last night! It was by far and awy my favorite.

I think Eddie makes things really pretty and "comfy" for lack of a better word. His designs would make me feel comfortable and "at home". His are interesting because of the various items and colors he chooses.

Preston's designs are also very pretty but in a different way. His designs are "efficient". They are elegant yet clean and uncluttererd. I find this skill to be fascinating.

Nathan is still my farvorite and last night's room was the best one yet, I think. I agree with the judges on every point. I think Nathan's designs are interesting first and pretty second. In recalling lat night's episode, I rush past all the rest, i.e. I already know them and can move on. With Nathan's room, however, I want to see more and examine all the pieces in.

I don't know how else to say it, but for me, I prefer interesting over pretty. I think Nathan is pretty incredible, actually.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

I just loved his accent wall and the way he thought about how the chandelier cast shadows on the blank space. Don't know if I would be brave enough to have it in my house, but still very unique and very eye catching.

Who is John Galt?

I guess I'm the voice of dissent. I did not like Nathan's room at all! It looked eclectic and disorganized to me and I hated the wall. I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room like that. I'd be afraid I'd bump into something if I had to get up during the night and I certainly wouldn't want to see that wall when I first woke up in the morning. Guess I just like clean and elegant - so I'd give it to Preston too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3223933;
    I guess I'm the voice of dissent. I did not like Nathan's room at all! It looked eclectic and disorganized to me and I hated the wall. I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room like that. I'd be afraid I'd bump into something if I had to get up during the night and I certainly wouldn't want to see that wall when I first woke up in the morning. Guess I just like clean and elegant - so I'd give it to Preston too.
    Nathan's room design crossed the line between livable and art. In reality I don't think anyone would want to work around the horse when it came to daily living. It was probably more appropriate in a large living room. I loved it but it did not appeal to me to actually use it. The color choices were also over the top frantic but that was done to make a statement. As Johathan said, it was banana's. I loved it on the art level.

If these contestants did clean and elegant for every challenge it would be boring. What we like to live in and what makes good TV are very different.

I appreciate Nathan's sense of crazy.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I totally loved Nathan's idea of the design on the accent wall based on the shadow of the chandelier... I just didn't like his choice of colors for painting the wall.
    I was also a little disturbed that when Preston asked if he could help, Nathan declined, but when Eddie offered to help, Nathan let him jump right in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12