+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eddie - Top Design 2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Eddie - Top Design 2

Eddie
    Greenwich, Conn.

At only 30 years old, Eddie has already established himself in the television, catering and publishing industries. A native of Greenwich, Conn. and graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Eddie began his career working in television as a food editor on Martha Stewart Living and later as Associate Design Director for all in-house production at the Food Network. After a two-year stint running his own catering company, where he continued to refine his skills in decorating and entertaining, Eddie made the move to publishing. As Associate Decorating Editor at House Beautiful, he produced the popular "Weekend Shopper," a monthly article in which he'd travel to flea markets around the country, finding new ways to use old things. Having returned to Martha Stewart as the Senior Style Editor of Living, Eddie continues to demonstrate a vast and impressive range of talents. From decorating and entertaining to food styling and flowers, he strives to produce consistently elegant stories that relate to a variety of people's tastes and budgets. To him, interior design is just one, albeit crucial, part of a lifestyle that ought to be comfortable, timeless and, above all, beautiful.

Top Design: Bios - Season 2 - Official Bravo TV Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Eddie - Top Design 2

This guy has a very impressive resume, but it seems that he'd be more qualified for a certain other Bravo program. Not saying he's bad, he's impressive so far.

FORT Fanatic

Talented but arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3215640;
    Talented but arrogant.
    I agree. Can't stand him. Probably makes top 3.

Premium Member

Annoying as hell, but talented. However, do not want the Martha wannabe to win this.

FORT Fogey

He is overqualified for a show of this nature. His career is established and he certainly must have connections the other contestants seek. This show is mainly for exposure, how much more does he need? Seems this could hurt him more than help.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3215952;
    He is overqualified for a show of this nature. His career is established and he certainly must have connections the other contestants seek. This show is mainly for exposure, how much more does he need? Seems this could hurt him more than help.
    I don't think the concept of overexposure exists in Eddie's world.

He is arrogant, but for some unfathomable reason, I kind of have a crush on him. But not more than I have for Preston.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fogey

I thought he was charming and talented from day 1. However, last week, he was so arrogant and cocky that he has now moved from the "must win" bucket to the "don't care what happens to him" bucket.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;3215976;
    He is arrogant, but for some unfathomable reason, I kind of have a crush on him.
    And you put this in print?

Like others have said, Eddie is talented. Unfortunately, his arrogance may get him into trouble. People won't hire you if you're a jerk. Ultimately, if you want to work as a designer - which means catering to people and not the other way around - you have to be NICE and accommodating to people, who sometimes make unreasonable demands. Eddie would be fired in a second if he rolled out that diva attitude with a high-paying client.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast